Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Diavlog comments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Diavlog comments Post comments about particular diavlogs here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2011, 12:25 AM

Default Re: Any Excuse For Mickey Bashing Is Allowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkeefe View Post
Most of your points I either agree with, or am not up to discussing at the moment. One thing for now, though:

I don't recall saying anything about Ross and his views on abortion in that thread.

However, it is true that he is an extremist on this issue. Just because you can think of someone who's even worse than him doesn't change that -- it'd be like saying liquid nitrogen is not actually all that cold because Pluto.

Anyone who supports laws compelling women to persist in unwanted pregnancies is an extremist. End of story. I am not open to discussion on this.

Thank you for your unusually thoughtful tone in the rest of your comment.
Well, abortion isn't something I feel very strongly about, so I have no desire to discuss this further either. You won't be surprised to learn I don't think all pro-lifers are necessarily extremists. There's another discussion to be had about the word extreme and how we use it. I think it's overly used as a derogatory term as a convenient way of trying to label someone as not mainstream. The trouble is, there's nothing inherently wrong with not being within the mainstream on a certain issue; the majority of people have been wrong about lots of things before.

As for the last part, you'll find you aren't the only person who responds in kind.