Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Diavlog comments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Diavlog comments Post comments about particular diavlogs here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2008, 12:13 PM

Default Re: Immigration Nation

SteveD I completely agree with you. Dalmia’s naivety through this exchange – and I did not watch the whole thing – was quite amusing. What was amazing to me was that she took his arguments seriously – preachy though she was -- as if he actually cared about the facts. Only toward the middle did she seem to be catching on to how Krikorian has stacked the deck against immigrants when she said that it seemed that with him, “heads he wins, tails immigrants lose.” Did she not know that going into this debate? Had she watched this YouTube video on CIS’s vitriolic genesis she might have known what she was dealing with. The video shows that CIS, along with others of its ilk, has been funded by John Tanton, founder of the Federation for American Immigration Reform – an anti-immigrant, anti-Catholic group that reprinted French fascist Jean Raspail’s Camp of Saints that depicts France as being taken over by swarthy Eastern hordes arriving at its shores on a flotilla. Tanton has created fronts like the CIS to put a respectable patina on what is at root an utterly racist anti-immigrant agenda. CIS tries to obfuscate this link, but Krikorian himself apparently worked for FAIR at one time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpiq1...opthehate.org/

And Bloggingheads should have watched it too before inviting Krikorian. I’m surprised that it extended the podium to someone with Krikorian’s pedigree.