Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Life, the Universe and Everything
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Life, the Universe and Everything Post comments about everything else here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-28-2010, 01:16 PM
nikkibong nikkibong is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,803
Default adam serwer and steve sailer - harmonic convergence

Taking a breezy look through b-head Adam Serwer's blog, I come across this:

http://www.prospect.org/csnc/blogs/a...quran_burnings

what in god's name is he implying with that last line? paging aemjeff! i think we have a steve sailer here!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-28-2010, 01:22 PM
AemJeff AemJeff is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,750
Default Re: adam serwer and steve sailer - harmonic convergence

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibong View Post
Taking a breezy look through b-head Adam Serwer's blog, I come across this:

http://www.prospect.org/csnc/blogs/a...quran_burnings

what in god's name is he implying with that last line? paging aemjeff! i think we have a steve sailer here!
Huh? I know you're reaching for irony here, but I really can't find the joke. Are "atheists" an ethnic group? Did the study mentioned have something to say about their innate intelligence? It basically did what statistical studies do, which is to control for factors that interact with the findings.
__________________
-A. E. M. Jeff (Eponym)
Magnets - We know how they work!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-28-2010, 01:25 PM
nikkibong nikkibong is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,803
Default Re: adam serwer and steve sailer - harmonic convergence

Quote:
Originally Posted by AemJeff View Post
Huh? I know you're reaching for irony here, but I really can't find the joke. Are "atheists" an ethnic group? Did the study mentioned have something to say about their innate intelligence? It basically did what statistical studies do, which is to control for factors that interact with the findings.
i've got no problem with the study. read the sewer's last line again.

shorter adam sewer: jews are teh shit.

i realize there is no allusion to innate intelligence, but i love that adam sailer's line at the end was, "controlling for any and all factors, jews know way more than anybody else!"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-28-2010, 01:53 PM
AemJeff AemJeff is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,750
Default Re: adam serwer and steve sailer - harmonic convergence

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibong View Post
i've got no problem with the study. read the sewer's last line again.

shorter adam sewer: jews are teh shit.

i realize there is no allusion to innate intelligence, but i love that adam sailer's line at the end was, "controlling for any and all factors, jews know way more than anybody else!"
Sailer's overarching theme is that Black people are stupid - innately. But they can run fast. That's really not comparable to noting this completely uncontroversial statistic:

Serwer:

Quote:
atheists/agnostics and Jews tend to be more educated
__________________
-A. E. M. Jeff (Eponym)
Magnets - We know how they work!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-28-2010, 02:48 PM
TwinSwords TwinSwords is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Heartland Conservative
Posts: 4,933
Default Re: adam serwer and steve sailer - harmonic convergence

Serwer has posted an update, explaining "what in god's name ... he [was] implying with that last line:"

Quote:
UPDATE: I think Jamelle's probably on to something here about why Jews, Mormons and atheists/agnostics are at the top--part of being a minority means developing knowledge about the majority as kind of a survival mechanism. But I think that may be overstating it a bit--if you're a religious minority and particularly if you live in an urban area, you're likely to live around and know people who practice a different religion other than your own.
No convergence.
Reply With Quote
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.