Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Diavlog comments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Diavlog comments Post comments about particular diavlogs here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2008, 05:46 AM

Default Re: Israeli-Palestinian Discussion

What he means is they don't lose enough to make them think it isn't worth it. The EU spends billions of Euros on the territories.

This reminds me of Northern Ireland. In the end NI stopped because the conflict stalemated and people got sick of being poor. The fighting was no longer worth it to enough people.

Also the Balkans. Mitterrand believed we should let the Balkans happen. He thought that it needed to get sorted out by fighting. The fighting happened and the Serbs lost. The situation is clear. The Serbs wanted Kossovo et al, the answer is no, you can't have them. and the current signs are that Serbians are thinking that Kossovo is more hassle than it's worth to them. Sometimes when you're wrong you just have to accept it and move on.

The Palestinian conflict can stop tomorrow, all it needs is for the Palestinian leader to say, OK, Israel is our neighbour, and for them to stop attacking it. End of story.

Personally I think we should all stop spending so much time on this. The Palestinians want to fight for more? That's fine by me. But then the consequences will be what they are.