Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Life, the Universe and Everything
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Life, the Universe and Everything Post comments about everything else here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2009, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Rush Limbaugh: "Obama's America, white kids getting beat up on school buses [by blacks]"

Looking over the discussion, I've found it difficult to formulate the point under discussion. I take it the point was whether Democrats respect the rule of law more than Republicans do? And I thought that I _admitted_ that Republicans, _right now_, don't respect it as much as Democrats do, at least with regard to the question of the legitimacy of Obama's being president.

This is squirming away, though, because I brought up what I thought was a surprising response from you, given some of your past pronouncements? OK, let me make it clear:

You are right: more Republicans than Democrats doubt the legitimacy of Obama's being president. I think you are also right that more Republicans doubted, for bad reasons, the legitimacy of Obama's being president than Democrats doubted, for bad reasons, the legitimacy of W being president.

That said, I STILL find it perplexing that you often criticize people for talking about "the left", but you don't have any problem with TwinSwords talking about "Democrats" and "liberals" respecting the rule of law and the US Constitution while "Republicans" don't respect the rule of law and the US Constitution.