Go Back   Bloggingheads Community > Diavlog comments
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Diavlog comments Post comments about particular diavlogs here.
(Users cannot create new threads.)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2009, 10:43 AM

Default Re: The Week in Blog: Live From Terminal C

Matt says early on Republicans "are dominating on Twitter." Is this anything worth bragging about? What does it even mean, that there are more Republicans spewing out sound bites and ill-considered thoughtlets?

I view Twitter as a source of entertainment and a potentially useful coordinating tool and very occasionally a way to get instant information on breaking news (which I personally don't care about), but given the choice to "dominate" on Twitter compared to, say, the blogosphere, let alone actually getting people off their couches to go knock on doors, I know which one I'd pick.

I've also found that following more than a few people has made Twitter pretty much useless to me, because I am not about to keep Twitter or any third-party Twitter-related app open at all times. There are already enough pointless interruptions that happen when I sit at the computer. So, as far as Matt's thought about putting links up on Twitter, I can only say that I'd much rather have someone whom I could conceive of following instead do a once a day link dump as a blog post, ideally with a few words about each one.

Could be a matter of taste, but I have found that my interest in Twitter has plummeted as quickly as it peaked. That everyone won't shut up about it, both in the political and tech spheres, has undoubtedly contributed to that.