View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 10:33 PM

Default Re: Middle East Problems (Matthew Duss & Ben Birnbaum)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Willard View Post
I think you're missing Duss's point, which is this: It is inevitable that the US will be drawn into the war to subdue Iran with conventional weaponry -- something Israel does not have the resources to do.
The effect of another military adventure on our struggling economy would be devastating. This is in addition to the oil shortage that would probably follow such an invasion. I think I understand his point all too well... the only thing that matters is the illusion of Israeli security. The security of the rest of the world can go to hell, and probably would if this fool's mission goes forward.
I think Israel sees itself as Samson in the temple. It is willing to take the entire world with her to hell.
At another point in the diavlog, Mr. Duss ( I almost typo'd that into Mr. Cuss) was discussing the trauma of taking down the settlements. Tearing apart neighborhoods is heartbreaking. I imagine the Palestinians felt this pain when they were evicted from their homes and farms to make way for the settlements.
chamblee54