View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 12:04 AM

Default Re: World Historic Edition (Mark Schmitt & Daniel Foster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Zeko View Post
See also: 21 Reasons Newt Gingrich won't be the Republican nominee for President. Some highlights:

Quote:
- scribbled a note describing himself as an “Advocate of civilization, defender of civilization, teacher of the rules of civilization, arouser of those who form civilization, organizer of the pro-civilization activists, and leader ‘possibly’ of the civilizing forces”;

- called Paul Ryan’s budget “right-wing social engineering” and then, two days later, said, “The budget vote is one that I’m happy to say I would have voted for...So, let me say on the record: Any ad which quotes what I said Sunday is a falsehood”;

- called for “a massive new program to build a permanent lunar colony to exploit the Moon’s resources”;

- suggested that “a mirror system in space could provide the light equivalent of many full moons so that there would be no need for nighttime lighting of the highways”;

- helped the GOP lose the 1995 government-shutdown showdown by saying that “part of why you ended up with us sending down a tougher continuing resolution” was that he didn’t get good enough seats on Air Force One;

He forgot to mention his humble demeanor, his ability to keep the population of the US out of Auschwitz, his 13th degree black belt in super-kung-fu and X-ray vision. Christ I hope he wins the nomination. I wanna see him leap tall buildings and cure cancer and ...

Would he actually be the craziest person in the last 50 or 100 years to be nominated ??