View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 11:12 AM

Default Re: Daniel likes hard work, too bad his party finds it passe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceelf View Post
Next, injuries related to manual labor. :-)

My first injury was due to someone else's manual labor. When I was two, I was toddling around with my grandfather while he was feeding cattle and I got a little too close and took a pitchfork in the eye.

When I was eight. I jumped off a load of a hay and took a hayhook through my foot.

I lost a couple of my first teeth to a cow kicking me when I was learning to milk.

Planting trees, I stepped through a pile of brush covering a small pit and herniated three disks.
I've been very lucky (or smart). I have had two mishaps. One with a table saw. It took a very small piece of the tip of my finger but no bone. I can still feel the numbness. And one time I nipped the tip of my finger on a router table.
But one thing I am very glad of is that my 'manual labor' job has kept me fit physically. I don't need to shlep to the gym to get exercise because I do strenuous stuff all day. Plus the construction trades keep one's mind agile and the creative side is quite satisfying as well.
Funny, it seems the only blue collar person around here is a woman.

Last edited by badhatharry; 12-09-2011 at 11:15 AM..