View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 07:17 PM

Default Re: Communitas: Continuing the Race Conversation (Glenn Loury & Amy Wax)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledocs View Post
Look, operative, I said something about Dershowitz's characterization of Israel's constitutional documents. You did not respond to that. You went off on a tangent. Everyone knows, excepting you, that Israel's religious parties have a hugely disproportionate influence on its politics, and that also results from Israel's parliamentary form of government, from its "constitution." So in that crucial respect, Israel is nothing like Scandinavia, where religion plays almost no role in politics, to my knowledge.
Except that Israel's social policies are much, much closer to Scandinavia than they are to the Middle East.
Quote:
I don't know that much, but I seem to know at least as much, or more than you.
Believe me, you don't. Israel isn't my area of focus but I still am confident enough about my knowledge of the area.

From Inglehart Welzel:
Israel .26 .36
data here: http://www.worldvaluessurvey.org/wvs...rticle_base_54

That puts them as more secular than such bastions of religisosity as the UK.

Quote:
You're right. I am not exhibiting much maturity...You're a jerk and a phony. But you are henceforth on my IgnoreList. I have no way of controlling my temper here other than ceasing to read the garbage.
I'd say the salient matter, then, is your lack of self control...

Last edited by operative; 10-18-2010 at 07:22 PM..