View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 06:41 PM

Default Re: World Historic Edition (Mark Schmitt & Daniel Foster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
Heh. My reaction exactly.

I don't know what posters on this site are supposed to have had stars in their eyes about Obama, either.
Yeah, this is at least the 2nd time badhat has been corrected after making the fact-free claim that Loury was some starry-eyed Obamabot who was later disillusioned. Loury could barely conceal -- and often didn't -- his contempt for Obama from long before the election in 2008, and often visibly struggled on camera to avoid saying even more impolitic things.

I think a lot of the protofascists are confusing the enormous relief we experienced at the end of the Bush Nightmare with some kind of unrealistic optimism about what Obama could accomplish.

What I said after the election was this: If Obama accomplishes nothing during the next four years, it will be a massive improvement over the continuation of the Bush Administration -- or a McCain/Palin Administration. Anything he accomplishes on top of that is just gravy.

Last edited by TwinSwords; 12-06-2011 at 06:52 PM..