View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 04:28 PM

Default Re: World Historic Edition (Mark Schmitt & Daniel Foster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhatharry View Post
In fairness, please admit that I didn't say that the Obama crowd comprised all of the dems....

Sure, and it was unclear what you meant. I just wanted to be clear that the portion of the people who were adulatory rather than clear eyed about Obama was a relatively small portion of the people who voted for him, and I'd be surprised if it's any bigger than the proportion of starry eyed devotees who vote for Bachmann or Santorum or Santelli or whoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhatharry View Post
HOWEVER! I have heard many Obama supporters on this site and MSNBC gnashing their teeth when it was revealed that Obama was not the one they'd been waiting for. Glenn Loury and the guy from Berkeley that he used to appear with come to mind.
Glenn Loury? The Glenn Loury who supported Clinton from day one and was critical of Obama consistently and only reluctantly voted for him and kept on complaining about others being starry eyed about Obama? That Glenn Loury?

I have no doubt that Glenn may have said something about being disappointed about Obama, but this isn't because of his expectations about him, as a review of his discussions before and during the elections will reveal. Rather, Glenn was always going to be disappointed about Obama and knew it.

As I said, I am sure you can find examples of what you are talking about. But Loury ain't it, I think.