View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 12:32 PM

Default Re: Black History Edition (John McWhorter & Glenn Loury)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winspur View Post
You may recall that there was a wave of anti-gay ballot initiatives in 2004 and 2006, avidly supported by Ken Mehlman and other Bush administration people. This was by no means limited to the South: Nevada, Michigan, Montana, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Utah, Kansas, Colorado, Idaho, South Dakota, and Wisconsin all passed constitutional amendments banning same-sex marriage in the Bush years.
Are you talking about anti gay marriage initiatives? I think it is disingenuous to name these initiatives anti-gay. Also, I doubt you can pin people who have promoted anti gay marriage legislation entirely on Bush or Southern conservatives.

So it looks like what you are saying is that being interested in and promoting an issue is akin to trying to foist social mores on the entire country. Are there any cases where liberals do the same thing? I bet there are.

And again I'll ask what is the correlation between this and pro slavery politicians?