View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Bomb Iran? (Flynt Leverett & Reuel Gerecht)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Zeko View Post
We're not suggesting that you have no credibility on this issue because you thought Iraq had WMD's in 2002. Lots of people, including myself, did, although we should have at least had more doubts about the issue. The problem is that, 8 years after the fact, you persist in that belief despite evidence to the contrary that's about as conclusive as anything can possibly be in political debate. In 2010, if you go around saying that Saddam really did have WMD's, you're lying, irrational, stupid, or perhaps some unholy combination of the three.
I vote for option four. really good post, sorry it got moved. It's very hard to respond to whutzizname without crossing into some disputed border zone with uncivilistan, as his narcissistic attitude, and rigid zealotry are, IMHO, uncivil in themselves.
Perhaps at some point in the future, the admins will take into account the accuracy of the statements in question. I think it must be a very difficult position to be in and while I would not profess to be any wiser, were it my site, posters like him, and me, and a few others would have been cast out into cyberspace a long time ago.

Last edited by handle; 08-25-2010 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: better word