View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 09:20 PM

Default Re: Katherine's pants are on fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSwords View Post
Sadly, her megaphone is much bigger than yours, and for that reason, plus one other*, she can, in fact, get away with it. It's a lie she tells in concert with many others on the right, including Fox News and AM talk radio. The lie has probably been told half a million times by different conservatives on radio and television since 2009.
Bhtv was supposed to be different from Fox News and others, no? If you don't have a simple fact checking then people (specially those ideologically committed) will start to disagree on reality which is horrible to watch and then you get outlets who only show you their own version of reality ...

Quote:
I love and greatly appreciate Bob and his staff, but I suspect the most they will consider doing is reprimanding you for using the "L" word (lie). Bob has explained on many occasions that the "L" word is unacceptable discourse.
Well if that were to happen I would be very disappointed but not very surprised. It kind of fits with Bob's worldview: actual existing evil is to be tolerated but the word evil should not be used, actually lying can be overlooked but using the word lie is not permitted.

@Bob: in case I am going to get a reprimand I would say that the first time around I gave her the benefit of the doubt and explained in detail why she was wrong. The second time around she just doubled down, what do you do? How do you argue with someone that denies reality, without calling them a liar?