View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 12:04 AM

Default Re: UN Plaza: The Millennium Promise (Mark Leon Goldberg & John McArthur)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
However, the true direction that the country will take will be coming from the younger crowd, who by every measure has a much more progressive leaning.
"If you are 20 and not a liberal, you have no heart. If you are 40 and not a conservative, you have no brain."

This article from The Daily Kos explains that while the youth of America may be progressive, they have no idea why.

Quote:
And the progressive response? Well, it's been weak to say the least. Especially bad have been our efforts to "fight fire with fire." Glad as I am that Air America gave us Rachel Maddow, the idea that we would fight the conservative movement machinery by adopting their tools has proven foolish. Whether it is the leftward shift of MSNBC, or the financial failings of Air America, the perception of those whom we are trying to persuade is that we are conceding the right-wing machinery as the norm. We are providing left-wing propaganda, clearly, but rarely do I find my neighbors perceiving their favorite afternoon talker, or late night news, in that fashion.

We look like the kid in gym class that follows around the star athlete and lamely tries to mimic his moves.