View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Mitt Romney Hit Piece

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhatharry View Post
I agree that there's a lot of blame to go around and the anti-mitt, vulture capitalist stuff is pretty creepy but unfortunately will persuade a lot of uneducated people.
I doubt it, that stuff only plays on the left IMO.

Quote:
There you go again. Just a tip...I think you should avoid telling people what they think and what they assume or what they tend to assume. It's off-putting. So much better to say...It seems to me that you assume...And then be ready to hear that what you thought isn't correct.
Nice Reagan.
Yeah, just like you (used to?) sugar-coat your attacks on the lefties here. Sarcasm ain't real polite either. I personally find it very amusing though.
I'm ready to hear anything, but denial is probably at the top of the list.
You didn't even check my previous posts on the subject, so I don't think my assumption was that far off. So there, denial-denial

Quote:
Thanks for the definition. I think that's a worthy model and certainly one that a majority of the firms in the US follow. But of course then you have questions about what exactly are realistic growth goals. I'm sure there are lots of opinions about that amongst the people who run companies. Sometimes when growth is pursued at the wrong time, things can go awry. Or if growth is avoided at the wrong time competitors can get a leg up.
I feel unrealistic growth expectations are often generated by the stock market, the price of jets, bentleys and bonuses. On that front, I do take the leftist view. But I concede it could be almost anything, as businesses are as varied as those who run them.
I disagree that the majority of US firms follow anything close to this, as evidenced by disproportionate compensation structures, and priorities.

Quote:
I need to do more research and Romney needs to do more explaining but from what I understand the owners of the companies Bain took over pretty much asked Bain to take care of the cookie jar. And about 66% of the time there were more cookies to go around after that.
Yeah, the overcompensated and over extended owners needed to cash out, and as usual, let the workers twist. But hey 66% is good if your salary goes up 1000%. If my success rate was that low I'd be in a bread line, but different strokes for different socio-economic strata right?

Quote:
I don't know what you're talking about here: While I screamed bloody murder about this (during the 80s and 90's, gave up during the reign of bush),
Just what I said. The owners of the businesses would talk glowingly about the employees being like a family, while rolling back the odometer on everything to make the company look sweet on paper for an eventual sale that benefitted only them. Most people bought the warm and fuzzy and ended up out in the cold. Me, not so much.

Quote:
Cool! and if they are successful, more companies will join in.
This is my hope.

Quote:
I don't think so.
Me either, but sometimes the dim view can expedite the process. Sorry Oprah.

Quote:
Yeah it's definitely going downhill. Whoda thunk? 2 weeks
I got you down for 2, how many quatloos will you wager?

Added: This is doomed because of the no link from the new site rule. They didn't kill it, just turned off the air (as you alluded to in the main forum).
Since you set the quote president precedent for this thread here goes:
They won't have handle to kick around anymore.

Last edited by handle; 01-14-2012 at 04:03 PM..