Bloggingheads Community

Bloggingheads Community (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/index.php)
-   General comments on Bloggingheads.tv (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   at least this is new! (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showthread.php?t=7303)

badhatharry 01-14-2012 10:55 PM

at least this is new!

and very funny.

Don Zeko 01-17-2012 12:31 AM

Re: at least this is new!

More on this story from Kevin Drum, who feels he was taken out of context by TDS's graphic:

Quote:

My dream has finally come true: I've appeared on the Daily Show! Sadly, I missed this when it flashed on the screen last night, but apparently one of my blog posts was used as an on-screen example in John Oliver's bit about the rise of incivility in the media.

What's double-plus-great about this is that they took it completely out of context! Not only is that post over a year old, but I'm calling my own side idiots. See, I'm a Democrat. It's true that the post itself asked, "What in God's name are the morons who pass for leaders of the Democratic Party thinking?" And I guess that wasn't very civil. But it was my own peeps I was calling out. Aren't we even allowed to use colorful language within the family anymore?

Anyway, that's irony #1. Irony #2 is that I'm pretty sure I've called Republicans much, much worse on multiple occasions. So why not use one of those posts?

Kevin 01-18-2012 09:50 PM

Froma Harrop, Froma Harrop. And I thought Amity Shlaes sounded like a made-up anagram name!

badhatharry 01-19-2012 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Zeko (Post 236883)
More on this story from Kevin Drum, who feels he was taken out of context by TDS's graphic:

Just a few questions:

1) Why does a post being over a year old and consisting of calling your own side idiots constitute taking the post out of context?

2) Who said Kevin isn't allowed to use colorful language within the family?

3) Why is it ironic because he's called Republicans much much worse?

Seems like this guy should invest in a dictionary or better yet, a writing class.

badhatharry 01-19-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin (Post 236905)
Froma Harrop, Froma Harrop. And I thought Amity Shlaes sounded like a made-up anagram name!

The thick plottens! She is a real person and she claims the whole thing was a set-up. Bummer.

badhatharry 01-19-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badhatharry (Post 236909)
The thick plottens! She is a real person and she claims the whole thing was a set-up. Bummer.

But she really did say it! What to do? What to think? Froma Harrop has presented us with a real dilemma!

Quote:

Make no mistake: The tea party Republicans have engaged in economic terrorism against the United States -- threatening to blow up the economy if they don't get what they want. And like the al-Qaida bombers, what they want is delusional: the dream of restoring some fantasy caliphate in which no one pays taxes, while the country is magically protected from foreign attack and the elderly get government-paid hip replacements.

badhatharry 01-19-2012 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badhatharry (Post 236910)
But she really did say it! What to do? What to think? Froma Harrop has presented us with a real dilemma!

So I looked up The National Conference of Editorial Writers and it is in fact a real organization, not a figment of Jon Stewart's comedy writing team.

Here's part of their proposed project vision:

Quote:

We aim to be persuasive, no matter how great the distance between points of view, in promoting respect, not only for the adversary but also for the audience and for the democratic institutions whose wellbeing depends so much on the wisdom of an informed electorate.
Froma is the president of the organization.

handle 01-19-2012 03:49 PM

Fake newsflash! Far left lyberilzz can be stupid and mockable too! You should watch TDS more, the caricature painted by the righty bubble is not quite accurate, sorry to say.
The big mistake the bohemians make is trying to one up the righties. Saying someone "pals around with terrorists" may be heavy handed innuendo, but it's not an out right lie. You can't just come right out and make the inaccurate accusation!
One for you guys! Now let's do you.
Not fair I know, 'cause you ran her for VP!!!

ADDED:
Here's a good piece on SOPA. You'll like it, they make fun of dumb lefty congressmen!