Bloggingheads Community

Bloggingheads Community (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/index.php)
-   Life, the Universe and Everything (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Great Moments in the Secret Service (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showthread.php?t=6750)

operative 05-19-2011 11:40 AM

Great Moments in the Secret Service
 
And my great moments I mean interrogating 13 year olds:
http://digitallife.today.com/_news/2...post?GT1=43001

miceelf 05-19-2011 11:53 AM

Re: Great Moments in the Secret Service
 
http://jonesreport.com/articles/1410...pace_bush.html

Julia Wilson, 14, got a surprise visit from two Secret Service agents Wednesday at McClatchy High after the words "Kill Bush" appeared on MySpace.com. Her mom, Kirstie Wilson, says she should have been present when her daughter was questioned. Sacramento Bee/Hector Amezcua

The latest Sacramento resident to be questioned by federal agents in possible threats against President Bush is a 14-year-old girl with a heart on her backpack and braces on her teeth, a freckle-nosed adolescent who is passionate about liberal politics and cute movie stars.




http://www.seattlepi.com/default/art...by-1143383.php


A few political sketches took a 15-year-old Prosser boy from his art class to questioning by the Secret Service -- and thrust him into a debate over free speech.

On Friday, the boy was questioned by the Secret Service after his art teacher turned in sketches by the boy featuring President Bush. In one, Bush's head was on a stake. In another, he was dressed as the devil, firing off rockets. The caption on one sketch read, "End the War -- on errorism."

There were more sketches, including one of the Bill of Rights and the Constitution in flames. A family friend says the sketchbook has not been returned to the boy.

operative 05-19-2011 11:55 AM

Re: Great Moments in the Secret Service
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by miceelf (Post 209592)
http://jonesreport.com/articles/1410...pace_bush.html

Julia Wilson, 14, got a surprise visit from two Secret Service agents Wednesday at McClatchy High after the words "Kill Bush" appeared on MySpace.com. Her mom, Kirstie Wilson, says she should have been present when her daughter was questioned. Sacramento Bee/Hector Amezcua

The latest Sacramento resident to be questioned by federal agents in possible threats against President Bush is a 14-year-old girl with a heart on her backpack and braces on her teeth, a freckle-nosed adolescent who is passionate about liberal politics and cute movie stars.




http://www.seattlepi.com/default/art...by-1143383.php


A few political sketches took a 15-year-old Prosser boy from his art class to questioning by the Secret Service -- and thrust him into a debate over free speech.

On Friday, the boy was questioned by the Secret Service after his art teacher turned in sketches by the boy featuring President Bush. In one, Bush's head was on a stake. In another, he was dressed as the devil, firing off rockets. The caption on one sketch read, "End the War -- on errorism."

There were more sketches, including one of the Bill of Rights and the Constitution in flames. A family friend says the sketchbook has not been returned to the boy.

I remember the left making hay over those. I'd say this was a clearer misuse of the Secret Service than those (not that those weren't a waste of Secret Service time), as the kid was even younger and wasn't doing anything that was actually threatening. But I don't think the Left is going to care too much.

miceelf 05-19-2011 12:03 PM

Re: Great Moments in the Secret Service
 
even younger = a year more or less.

Sure, I also don't remember many on the right getting upset about these incidents.

I think this says more about the instutional behavior of the secret service than about any particular president who happens to be in office at the time, to be honest.

operative 05-19-2011 12:14 PM

Re: Great Moments in the Secret Service
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by miceelf (Post 209596)
even younger = a year more or less.

Sure, I also don't remember many on the right getting upset about these incidents.

I think this says more about the instutional behavior of the secret service than about any particular president who happens to be in office at the time, to be honest.

I don't think that this is necessarily a "Barack Obama is uniquely terrible" point (though the callous exploitation of the Giffords shooting by Democrats, which Obama to his credit mostly avoided, at least directly, likely doesn't help things), as the same thing did happen under Bush and probably Clinton, too. It more highlights the sometimes boneheaded behavior of government bureaucracy. If I wanted to concentrate on BO bad behavior, I'd concentrate on the bully boy behavior toward the Boston Herald.

bjkeefe 05-19-2011 03:04 PM

Re: Great Moments in the Secret Service
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by operative (Post 209593)
I remember the left making hay over those.

Uh huh. And who did The Monolith designate as its spokesperson?

popcorn_karate 05-19-2011 07:34 PM

Re: Great Moments in the Secret Service
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by operative (Post 209588)
And my great moments I mean interrogating 13 year olds:
http://digitallife.today.com/_news/2...post?GT1=43001

i would comment more extensively, but i don't feel up to talking with the SS at the moment.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.