Bloggingheads Community

Bloggingheads Community (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/index.php)
-   Life, the Universe and Everything (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Precognition! (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showthread.php?t=7286)

cragger 01-04-2012 06:02 PM

Precognition!

I've seen a vision of the future! Having typed in a semi-coherent reply to Ocean in one of the "Bromance" subthreads regarding the pathetic state of electoral options, I was (probably well) greeted by a friendly "404" message while trying to post it, and BHTV was gone - replaced by BHTV, the next generation, sans forum. And now the old BHTV is back, festooned with lime-green like a reminder of too many funky mixed drinks.

Possibly Bob said "let there be a new BHTV" and saw it, and it was not good. But it's coming. The future is coming. I've seen it!

handle 01-04-2012 06:09 PM

Re: Precognition!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cragger (Post 236188)
I've seen a vision of the future! Having typed in a semi-coherent reply to Ocean in one of the "Bromance" subthreads regarding the pathetic state of electoral options, I was (probably well) greeted by a friendly "404" message while trying to post it, and BHTV was gone - replaced by BHTV, the next generation, sans forum. And now the old BHTV is back, festooned with lime-green like a reminder of too many funky mixed drinks.

Possibly Bob said "let there be a new BHTV" and saw it, and it was not good. But it's coming. The future is coming. I've seen it!

I even had it long enough to register as "handle" only to be informed that username was taken! I regrouped, and registered as "theartistformerlyknownashandle", and posted that since the new thing looked like facebook, they have probably finally succeeded in avoiding having my douchebaggery posted there.
I posted the only four comments shown, I felt overtaken by the pioneer spirit, and soon understood why many of them settled in Nebraska.

graz 01-04-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handle (Post 236189)
I even had it long enough to register as "handle" only to be informed that username was taken! I regrouped, and registered as "theartistformerlyknownashandle", and posted that since the new thing looked like facebook, they have probably finally succeeded in avoiding having my douchebaggery posted there.
I posted the only four comments shown, I felt overtaken by the pioneer spirit, and soon understood why many of them settled in Nebraska.

I like where you guys were going with that ... but anyhow ... from the current video page:

Quote:

Faithful BhTV fans may recall that we planned to unveil an extensive site redesign on January 3rd. The eagle-eyed among you will notice that the site still looks the same. But fear not! Dotting all the digital i's and crossing the database t's took a bit longer than expected, but we’re almost done. Look for the new site around midday on January 5th, or shortly thereafter.

handle 01-04-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graz (Post 236193)
I like where you guys were going with that ... but anyhow ... from the current video page:

I guess this is it... see you on the radio.... sniff.