Bloggingheads Community

Bloggingheads Community (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/index.php)
-   General comments on Bloggingheads.tv (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The outcropping (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showthread.php?t=5874)

Whatfur 08-25-2010 02:26 PM

The outcropping
 
Funny how a thread got sent to the dungeon for reasons that I continually pointed out in the thread and the weenies who were part of it start a whine fest that has now brought in the normal fog to the brief and unexpected bit of clarity on the part of the admin here as she bends over backwards trying to return to good graces. What a joke.

No, Jeff your distinction is utter bullshit, but this admin falling for it is not surprising.
Yes Ocean, no matter how you spin it you called him dishonest.
Yes Uncle, putting words in someone elses mouth and calling him dishonest is hypocritical and yes dishonest

nikkibong 08-25-2010 02:34 PM

Re: The outcropping
 
the civility guidelines are having the opposite effect of what was intended.

uncle ebeneezer 08-25-2010 03:55 PM

Re: The outcropping
 
I think the record that Twin, Brucds and I have laid out makes it pretty clear that the mosque story had substantial legs long before Obama weighed in. In addition to the list we provided earlier (dating back to MAY), I see that here on bhtv there were 7 diavlogs that mentioned it before the President's statements. As Brucds pointed out (accurately), Conn was either unaware of the history or willfully ignored it to cast the blame where he wanted it.

Whatfur 08-25-2010 04:10 PM

Re: The outcropping
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by uncle ebeneezer (Post 176806)
I think the record that Twin, Brucds and I have laid out makes it pretty clear that the mosque story had substantial legs long before Obama weighed in. In addition to the list we provided earlier (dating back to MAY), I see that here on bhtv there were 7 diavlogs that mentioned it before the President's statements. As Brucds pointed out (accurately), Conn was either unaware of the history or willfully ignored it to cast the blame where he wanted it.

AGAIN!!!!!! Besides misrepresenting what he said on YOUR initial pile on (like most everyone else)... Conn DID NOT SAY the story did not exist. He merely stated his OPINION that it raised itself to new heights when Obama chimed in. You can dispute that but he cannot be classified dishonest because he felt the Bloombergs, Palins, Twitter feeds etc. of the world reflected a "simmering" of the story before the BIG ONE chimed in.

Its not that difficult.

handle 08-25-2010 07:20 PM

Re: The outcropping
 
Just for the record and the uninitiated, whatajerk squeals like a stuck pig when the admins slap his conniving little pinkies. But when the action taken is in his interest?.... Well... refer to this thread.
In other words, he is only interested in a level playing field if he has a bazooka and his opponent(s) are already dead.

Whatfur 08-25-2010 09:26 PM

Brenda the Fairest of them all.
 
I get told not to post any more in the slippery thread yet my troll gets to spew bullshit there...sorry handle but in the balance of things you could not only not wear Lyle's jockstrap but you are not worth the sweat he might leave behind.

Whatfur 08-25-2010 10:55 PM

RCOCEAN the ass kisser.
 
Does that come with an apple?

handle 08-25-2010 11:20 PM

Re: Brenda the Fairest of them all.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whatfur (Post 176833)
I get told not to post any more in the slippery thread yet my troll gets to spew bullshit there...sorry handle but in the balance of things you could not only not wear Lyle's jockstrap but you are not worth the sweat he might leave behind.

Perhaps it's your talent for turning a phrase...

Lyle 08-25-2010 11:26 PM

Re: Brenda the Fairest of them all.
 
Amen to that! Ha ha. :)

rcocean 08-25-2010 11:51 PM

Re: The outcropping
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikkibong (Post 176793)
the civility guidelines are having the opposite effect of what was intended.

How so? Want to provide additional detail?

handle 08-26-2010 01:43 AM

Re: Brenda the Fairest of them all.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyle (Post 176854)
Amen to that! Ha ha. :)

Drop the facade, everyone knows you are dr. laura.

Whatfur 08-26-2010 07:02 AM

Look
 
sought
–verb
pt. and pp. of seek.

seek   /sik/ verb,sought, seek·ing.
–verb (used with object)
1.to go in search or quest of: to seek the truth.
2.to try to find or discover by searching or questioning: to seek the solution to a problem.

Even the Iraq Survey Group found that although there were no WMD stockpiles found that "Saddam, at least as judged by those scientists and other insiders who worked in his military-industrial programs, had not given up his aspirations and intentions to continue to acquire weapons of mass destruction."

Thus sought.

nikkibong 08-26-2010 12:02 PM

Re: The outcropping
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rcocean (Post 176855)
How so? Want to provide additional detail?

just noting the irony that some of the more uncivil discussions here have revolved around ... the civility guidelines.

Don Zeko 08-26-2010 12:06 PM

Re: The outcropping
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikkibong (Post 176927)
just noting the irony that some of the more uncivil discussions here have revolved around ... the civility guidelines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAeqVGP-GPM

Whatfur 08-26-2010 12:23 PM

RCOCEAN
 
Pbbbt. "Yabut Yabut I listed Whatfur first!!!!" Actually until my last post comparing Zekes to mine I don't think I ever "whined" about the dungeon. So your inclusion of me was "dishonest" and probably just spite over our recent disagreement. Pbbbt. again.

handle 08-26-2010 01:49 PM

Re: Brenda the Fairest of them all.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by handle (Post 176853)
Perhaps it's your talent for turning a phrase...

..into something truly repulsive.

Whatfur 08-26-2010 02:17 PM

Re: Brenda the Fairest of them all.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by handle (Post 176942)
..into something truly repulsive.

That one bothered you all night eh? Sorry 'bout that.

handle 08-26-2010 02:36 PM

Re: Brenda the Fairest of them all.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whatfur (Post 176949)
That one bothered you all night eh? Sorry 'bout that.

It's called the setup... and the dunk. Hence the extra dots in the first post.
Seriously, and honestly, you don't bother me at all, you are more fun than a barrel of.....

Whatfur 08-26-2010 02:53 PM

Re: Brenda the Fairest of them all.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by handle (Post 176953)
...you don't bother me at all,.....

You might then want to go to Search/Advanced Search and enter "handle" for the user name and see who you are bothered by.

handle 08-26-2010 03:03 PM

Re: Brenda the Fairest of them all.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whatfur (Post 176955)
You might then want to go to Search/Advanced Search and enter "handle" for the user name and see who you are bothered by.

Good point, I forgot the "anymore".

handle 08-26-2010 03:49 PM

Re: The outcropping
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by handle (Post 176817)
Just for the record and the uninitiated, whatajerk squeals like a stuck pig when the admins slap his conniving little pinkies. But when the action taken is in his interest?.... Well... refer to this thread.
In other words, he is only interested in a level playing field if he has a bazooka and his opponent(s) are already dead.

A perfect example of the former case, not to mention his "phrase turning" prowess, in the post previous to the linked one.

look 08-26-2010 07:26 PM

Re: Look
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whatfur (Post 176885)
sought
–verb
pt. and pp. of seek.

seek   /sik/ verb,sought, seek·ing.
–verb (used with object)
1.to go in search or quest of: to seek the truth.
2.to try to find or discover by searching or questioning: to seek the solution to a problem.

Even the Iraq Survey Group found that although there were no WMD stockpiles found that "Saddam, at least as judged by those scientists and other insiders who worked in his military-industrial programs, had not given up his aspirations and intentions to continue to acquire weapons of mass destruction."

Thus sought.

[/QUOTE]Thanks for the clarification.

Whatfur 08-26-2010 10:23 PM

Re: Look
 
Thanks for the clarification.[/QUOTE]

yw...and thank you for you-know-what

handle 08-27-2010 01:31 PM

Re: Brenda the Fairest of them all.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by handle (Post 176953)
It's called the setup... and the dunk. Hence the extra dots in the first post.
Seriously, and honestly, you don't bother me at all, you are more fun than a barrel of.....

Mel Gibsons.

handle 08-27-2010 01:47 PM

Re: Look
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whatfur (Post 177005)
Thanks for the clarification.

yw...and thank you for you-know-what

Throwing you under the bus? That was good:

Quote:

Originally Posted by look (Post 176716)
Ban Fur, Brendan, graz, and handle for one month.

You are lucky in that look obviously has a soft spot for you, but I doubt if it's way out on a limb. You might want to limit your social climbing to the main branches for a while.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.