Bloggingheads Community

Bloggingheads Community (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/index.php)
-   Diavlog comments (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Be Seeing You (Robert Wright & Mickey Kaus) (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showthread.php?t=7276)

piscivorous 01-05-2012 10:13 AM

Re: Kudos to Bob for setting the record straight on his hero, Ron Paul

Let me gaze into my own crystal ball and divine what reaction the Iranians might have. Oh crystal ball round and bright show me what the Iranians will do if we destroy there nuclear capacity. Please. Please let me climb into their psyche and show me the truth. And behold the truth is revealed to me behind that clear glass of my magical 8" orb. I'd tell you what my orb displayed except just as images began to unfold my dog jumped in my lap knocking my glasses to floor and by the time I recovered them the images had dissipated.

Florian 01-05-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piscivorous (Post 236313)
Let me gaze into my own crystal ball and divine what reaction the Iranians might have. Oh crystal ball round and bright show me what the Iranians will do if we destroy there nuclear capacity. Please. Please let me climbs into their psyche and show me the truth. And behold the truth is revealed to me behind that clear glass of my magical 8" orb. I tell you what my orb displayed except just as images began to unfold my dog jumped in my lap knocking my glasses to floor and by the time I recovered them the images had dissipated.

It isn't surprising that your crystal ball revealed nothing. No psychic powers are necessary, only a little common sense. You have an exaggerated opinion of the power of your military to accomplish whatever you think desirable (perhaps the result of gazing too long at teevee and listening to the imbeciles who govern your country). I see little evidence in recent years that it can accomplish much of anything.

piscivorous 01-05-2012 11:34 PM

Not only do your great powers of divination allow you to see what the results of bombing Iran would result but you have used them to determined what my opinions of our military are. How about something useful like the wining Irish lottery numbers?

Florian 01-06-2012 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piscivorous (Post 236359)
Not only do your great powers of divination allow you to see what the results of bombing Iran would result but you have used them to determined what my opinions of our military are. How about something useful like the wining Irish lottery numbers?

I was not using any powers of divination, I was responding to Sulla, who had assumed that a successful attack would humiliate the Iranians. I replied that an unsuccessful attack might have exactly the opposite effect. Common sense. Policy decisions rest on such considerations all the time.

By suggesting that you lack common sense, overestimate your military and watch too much television, I went too far. I should have just said that you are too lazy to think about anything.