Bloggingheads Community

Bloggingheads Community (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/index.php)
-   General comments on Bloggingheads.tv (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   BHTV Handles We Like (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showthread.php?t=6272)

Simon Willard 11-07-2010 12:20 PM

BHTV Handles We Like
 
Hey, I made a new thread. Never done it before.

Please respond with someone else's handle that you particularly like. I'm going to put mine in the title of the post to make them easy to see.

Simon Willard 11-07-2010 12:22 PM

Fluffy Foo Foo
 
Fluffy Foo Foo

Simon Willard 11-07-2010 12:23 PM

CrowsMakeTools
 
CrowsMakeTools

nikkibong 11-07-2010 12:25 PM

Handle
 
.

nikkibong 11-07-2010 12:25 PM

In a word: barnacles.
 
...that may be the best.

nikkibong 11-07-2010 12:26 PM

Piscivorous
 
Piscivorous

bjkeefe 11-07-2010 12:27 PM

Re: BHTV Handles We Like
 
Me&theboys was an early favorite. Three additional likes: holyworrier, opposable_crumbs, and propagandhi.

Still think Bloggin' Noggin might hold the top spot, though.

Starwatcher162536 11-07-2010 12:29 PM

Thus spoke Elvis
 
Thus spoke Elvis

Simon Willard 11-07-2010 12:36 PM

Bloggin' Noggin
 
This is not a contest. But I agree Bloggin' Noggin cannot be exceeded as a combination of playfulness, cleverness, appropriateness and poetry. It's not the funniest, though. For some reason, I double over in laughter whenever I see "opposable_crumbs". I don't know why.

Ocean 11-07-2010 12:43 PM

Re: Starwatcher
 
I like the first part, better without the numbers.

Simon Willard 11-07-2010 12:44 PM

iamjustsomeguy
 
This was from the old BH forum, and he is long gone, but I always liked his handle.

uncle ebeneezer 11-07-2010 03:56 PM

Re: GarbageCowboy & Wolfgangus
 
Two of my favorites from the old days...

chiwhisoxx 11-07-2010 04:06 PM

Re: BHTV Handles We Like
 
I always liked Don Zeko.

chiwhisoxx 11-07-2010 09:46 PM

Re: IMWithDaBanned
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BannedAide (Post 187173)
I have always been a fan of KidneyStones (not just an irritation but downright painful). whatfur (gave us what fur every chance he got and funny he gets the boot and Keefe shows back up (hmmmm I wonder if they are the same person). Also a quick bannage came to the name IMWithDaBanned so I assume staffers here thought Fur was messing with them...BenBanned was another that was kind of funny. Bong, bong I see likes handle while I always thought that name and what came with it rather weak but he has come a long way since bussing trays at Wendy's. Never liked the name graz though, just seems like something you would clean off of your shoe with any handy stick. Actually liked Francoamerican better than Florian...Florian is kind of like Maurice which is kind of like a name that Johnny Cash would write a song about....other than that maybe your next thread can be the worse names ...AemJeff? Pretty sucky. Chiwhisox? Huh? Do you get a stick of bubble gum with that? but in any case...don't be an a-hole.

doesn't BHTV have IP blocking capabilities to deal with fur?

handle 11-07-2010 10:00 PM

whatafurreek
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BannedAide (Post 187173)
an a-hole.

The big baby that wouldn't leave. Is there some shame in bussing tables at Wendy's? I would do it in a heartbeat if need be. Besides, I like the spicy chicken combo.

handle 11-07-2010 10:03 PM

chiwhisoxx
 
Great handle.
Knows how childrenofthebanned really got that way.

nikkibong 11-07-2010 11:17 PM

Re: whatafurreek
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by handle (Post 187182)
The big baby that wouldn't leave. Is there some shame in bussing tables at Wendy's? I would do it in a heartbeat if need be. Besides, I like the spicy chicken combo.

must be something in the water . . . i too love the spicy chicken combo.

gotta sub chili, though!

handle 11-08-2010 12:11 AM

Re: whatafurreek
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikkibong (Post 187196)
must be something in the water . . . i too love the spicy chicken combo.

gotta sub chili, though!

Roger that!

kezboard 11-08-2010 07:53 AM

Re: Piscivorous
 
When I first joined the boards I got piscivorous and popcorn_karate confused all the time.

rfrobison 11-08-2010 09:16 AM

Re: BHTV Handles We Like
 
Uncle Ebeneezer!!!

Lmaki 11-08-2010 10:09 AM

Popcorn_Karate
 
Not sure what it references nor do I appreciate much that it pops, but the name is intriguing.

popcorn_karate 11-08-2010 01:07 PM

Re: Piscivorous
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kezboard (Post 187217)
When I first joined the boards I got piscivorous and popcorn_karate confused all the time.

!!!!!!!

snark, crying, shame, vitriol?

I guess i'll just stick with mouth-agape confusion about the type of mind that lumps me with piscivorous.

AemJeff 11-08-2010 02:00 PM

Re: Piscivorous
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by popcorn_karate (Post 187251)
!!!!!!!

snark, crying, shame, vitriol?

I guess i'll just stick with mouth-agape confusion about the type of mind that lumps me with piscivorous.

I'm guessing it had more to do with polysyllabic names initiated by plosives, than by anything to do with posting style!

operative 11-08-2010 02:39 PM

Ocean, Don Zeko
 
...

Ocean 11-08-2010 05:39 PM

Re: Piscivorous
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AemJeff (Post 187258)
I'm guessing it had more to do with polysyllabic names initiated by plosives, than by anything to do with posting style!

There's a loose food association.

Don Zeko 11-08-2010 09:26 PM

Re: BHTV Handles We Like
 
Why thank you. The really fun part about my handle is that I'm not Italian and my name isn't Donald.

Simon Willard 11-08-2010 11:50 PM

Re: GarbageCowboy & Wolfgangus
 
I forgot about GarbageCowboy - one of the best handles ever. He hasn't been heard from in over a year. I wish he would come back.

kezboard 11-09-2010 09:25 AM

Re: Piscivorous
 
Yeah, I thought you were an awfully schizophrenic sort of person.

Lmaki 11-09-2010 04:37 PM

Re: BHTV Handles We Like
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Zeko (Post 187382)
Why thank you. The really fun part about my handle is that I'm not Italian and my name isn't Donald.

Oh no! sorry...I will use the full "Don Zeko" then unless you do have something more familiar. Feel free to call me Luke or if you are a friend of my mother, Lucas. ;)

graz 11-09-2010 04:46 PM

Re: BHTV Handles We Like
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lmaki (Post 187489)
... Feel free to call me Luke or if you are a friend of my mother, Lucas...

How about if I just call you Dave?

popcorn_karate 11-09-2010 05:21 PM

Re: Piscivorous
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kezboard (Post 187448)
Yeah, I thought you were an awfully schizophrenic sort of person.

After years of battling this illness, my friend lost her son to schizophrenia in an incident that also injured other innocent bystanders. The horror for the family of someone with this condition is heartrending.

your cavalier attitude towards the subject is fairly sickening. I really hope you don't try to offend people in the same way in person.

Lmaki 11-09-2010 05:35 PM

Re: BHTV Handles We Like
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by graz (Post 187493)
How about if I just call you Dave?

You baffle me.

Lmaki 11-09-2010 06:28 PM

Re: Piscivorous
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by popcorn_karate (Post 187504)
After years of battling this illness, my friend lost her son to schizophrenia in an incident that also injured other innocent bystanders. The horror for the family of someone with this condition is heartrending.

your cavalier attitude towards the subject is fairly sickening. I really hope you don't try to offend people in the same way in person.

A bit harsh.

bjkeefe 11-09-2010 07:00 PM

Re: Piscivorous
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lmaki (Post 187515)

And that link was a bit furry.

nikkibong 11-09-2010 07:27 PM

Re: Fluffy Foo Foo
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon Willard (Post 187102)
Fluffy Foo Foo

i'm more or less convinced i've deduced the identity of Fluffy Foo Foo.

all i can say is "haha!"

chiwhisoxx 11-09-2010 07:55 PM

Re: Fluffy Foo Foo
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikkibong (Post 187524)
i'm more or less convinced i've deduced the identity of Fluffy Foo Foo.

all i can say is "haha!"

...nelson from the simpsons!?!?

nikkibong 11-09-2010 08:10 PM

Re: Fluffy Foo Foo
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chiwhisoxx (Post 187528)
...nelson from the simpsons!?!?

basically, yes!

Ocean 11-09-2010 08:28 PM

Re: Fluffy Foo Foo
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikkibong (Post 187535)
basically, yes!

Ha ha. :)

Fluffy Foo Foo 11-09-2010 08:39 PM

Re: Fluffy Foo Foo
 
Fluffy Foo Foo gives you a hug. Hold me tight! :)

Lmaki 11-09-2010 09:04 PM

Re: Piscivorous
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bjkeefe (Post 187520)
And that link was a bit furry.

Ohhhhhhhhh!

No, thanks for clearing up my confusion though. I might have to go back and read some whatfur to see why you might think so. Unless you want to tell me? I thought he was kind of nasty.

My post here was simply to point out the over-reaction and the choice of being offended and that I didn't think kezboard deserved it. Did "furry" stick up for people who were wronged? Maybe he is not as bad as I remember.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.