Bloggingheads Community

Bloggingheads Community (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/index.php)
-   Diavlog comments (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Worldwise: Protests in Russia (Robert Wright & Alexey Sidorenko) (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showthread.php?t=7227)

Bloggingheads 12-12-2011 01:37 PM

Worldwise: Protests in Russia (Robert Wright & Alexey Sidorenko)

Sulla the Dictator 12-12-2011 06:57 PM

Re: Worldwise: Protests in Russia (Robert Wright & Alexey Sidorenko)

Considering the importance of this topic, and the possible upside, I'm surprised that no one has commented.

One wonders if it is actually "Putinism" which the Russians are rejecting, or just Putin.

miceelf 12-12-2011 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sulla the Dictator (Post 234460)
Considering the importance of this topic, and the possible upside, I'm surprised that no one has commented.

One wonders if it is actually "Putinism" which the Russians are rejecting, or just Putin.

Pessimistically, probably just Putin. But at this point, I'll take it. It's a start.

stephanie 12-12-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

When stuff gets posted in the middle of the day a lot of people aren't going to be able to watch/listen right away.

Sulla the Dictator 12-12-2011 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miceelf (Post 234463)
Pessimistically, probably just Putin. But at this point, I'll take it. It's a start.

I agree. I think that without the resource boom, Putin's antics probably come off as "jumping the shark" politics.

A new man might give the "Putinist" political approach a lot more credibility. That could be dangerous in the long run. The possible upside is that there is no one who could consolidate power the way he has, and so you could see "United Russia" as more of a real political party, with factions checking "strong men" opponents.

sugarkang 12-13-2011 02:26 AM

Quote:

Hey, man. I can dig it. Also, I wonder if anyone's saying Putin's urn discoveries are a load of shit. Though, sometimes the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know.

Diane1976 12-13-2011 11:55 PM

I, for one, will be happy to see more of Bob's diavlogs. They're always great. Looking forward to an update from Alexey. Can't say I'm very familiar with Russian politics but it's very interesting to learn more about it.