Bloggingheads Community

Bloggingheads Community (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/index.php)
-   Life, the Universe and Everything (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   A very silly "presidential matchmaking quiz".. (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showthread.php?t=7253)

rfrobison 12-19-2011 10:02 AM

A very silly "presidential matchmaking quiz"..

..has me supporting, in order of preference, Jon Huntsman, Rick Perry and Barack Obama.

I guess this makes me...er, confused and unhappy with my choices. Come to think of it, maybe the quiz isn't so silly.

Quiz is here.

It must be said there were plenty of questions for which my answer would have been different from any of the choices offered.

AemJeff 12-19-2011 10:17 AM

Re: A very silly "presidential matchmaking quiz"..

Quote:

Originally Posted by rfrobison (Post 235037)
..has me supporting, in order of preference, Jon Huntsman, Rick Perry and Barack Obama.

I guess this makes me...er, confused and unhappy with my choices. Come to think of it, maybe the quiz isn't so silly.

Quiz is here.

It must be said there were plenty of questions for which my answer would have been different from any of the choices offered.

Do you really think, at this late date, that Perry is in any way qualified? Forget the political issues, the guy seems not to have what it takes.

chiwhisoxx 12-19-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AemJeff (Post 235039)
Do you really think, at this late date, that Perry is in any way qualified? Forget the political issues, the guy seems not to have what it takes.

by "it" do you mean a frontal lobe?

AemJeff 12-19-2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiwhisoxx (Post 235041)

Heh. A minimum requirement for any public job (not to mention the job he's applying for) would seem to be the ability to avoid repetitive self-inflicted wounds. I'm really not trying to be mean or partisan here.

miceelf 12-19-2011 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiwhisoxx (Post 235041)

Inhibitory cognitive processes are for the weak and the quislings.

rfrobison 12-19-2011 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AemJeff (Post 235039)

Well, to be honest, I was surprised that my "choices" included Perry. If the test revealed anything, it is that I: 1) am firmly on the center-right (no-big surprise, there); 2) have a soft spot for Texans, including but not limited to my mother, Dubya, and Stevie Ray Vaughn; and 3) although far from thrilled with President Obama, consider him to be a better choice than much of the Republican field.

Re: Perry, in truth I think he's not very qualified at all, and/or was unprepared to work seriously for the job of president, which is probably worse.

But come on, Republicans! Gingrich? The man wouldn't know a principled stand if it hit him over the head. What are we thinking?!

kezboard 12-19-2011 07:21 PM

Unsurprisingly, my #1 was Barack Obama.
#2? Michele Bachmann. Uh...

sugarkang 12-19-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rfrobison (Post 235058)
Well, to be honest, I was surprised that my "choices" included Perry.

My choices:
1. Romney
2. Obama
3. Huntsman

Unsurprising, as I avoided picking Ron Paul's obvious answers. I'd never vote for Mitt.

rfrobison 12-19-2011 07:42 PM

Ha!

kezboard 12-19-2011 07:49 PM

Oh, apparently I picked the Bachmann/Romney answer for the Pakistan question. Too bad there was no option for "I have no idea what to do with Pakistan, we're probably screwed whatever we do". I would have picked that one.