Bloggingheads Community

Bloggingheads Community (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/index.php)
-   Diavlog comments (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Fear and Bargaining in DC (Robert Wright & Conn Carroll) (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showthread.php?t=6932)

Bloggingheads 08-01-2011 07:37 PM

Fear and Bargaining in DC (Robert Wright & Conn Carroll)
 

graz 08-01-2011 08:05 PM

Re: Fear and Bargaining in DC (Robert Wright & Conn Carroll)
 
Bob is adamant about Obama's lost opportunity to use the bully pulpit to tax the fat cats. Hey, just take it to the people. Disregard the senate and house. Just Nike! Mission accomplished.

ginger baker 08-01-2011 08:10 PM

Re: Fear and Bargaining in DC (Robert Wright & Conn Carroll)
 
Progressives, listen up! Conn Carroll has good news for you!
BOB, progressives may gripe and grumble now but in the end they'll eventually stop their complaining of Republican Obama, and get their sorry sad ass into gear to the voting booths to vote for him nevertheless. Dont count on them rallying up ordinary folk but....oh the horror, the horror. They were so clueless having Bush as the monster to bat around, and now that Obama is the MONSTER, they're worse than clueless.

Wonderment 08-01-2011 08:15 PM

How Obama lost (and won back) my vote for 2012
 
Very roughly, how Obama lost my vote for 2012:

16.67% - Guantánamo broken promise

16.67% - Unprogressive and dysfunctional health care reform legislation

16.67% - Afghan escalation

16.67% - Israel-Palestinian policy

16.67% - Eloquent discourse trumping substantial achievement on a wide range of issues (eg., immigration)

16.67% - Libya

And (now for the kicking and screaming part) how Obama dragged me back and got my firm commitment to campaign my butt off and work the phones for him next year:

110% - Rick Perry

or

101% - All other viable GOP candidates

...and then there's always the other 100%, which is the prospect of a Republican president nominating justices to the Supreme Court.

graz 08-01-2011 08:23 PM

Re: How Obama lost (and won back) my vote for 2012
 
:)

harkin 08-01-2011 08:32 PM

Re: Fear and Bargaining in DC (Robert Wright & Conn Carroll)
 
How can Bob say that Obama is a bad negotiator? He does not negotiate at all, he misdirects, stalls and lies. He kicked the can down the road for two and a half years so he wouldn't have to deal with the deficit. Then he demonized republicans and got another delay till after the 2012 election.

He also got his party to bribe their way to passage of a horrific government takeover of the health care system. He now has permission to use unspent stimulus money to get out the vote next Nov. You can say he's a pure politiican, demagogue and a bald-faced liar aided and abetted by a compliant press but he's very good at it.

harkin 08-01-2011 08:36 PM

Re: Fear and Bargaining in DC (Robert Wright & Conn Carroll)
 
Wonderment makes a great point.

Liberals will whine and moan but in the end they don't care about Obama's lies or lack of principals. Ideology, socialist supreme court justices and any move towards the nanny state are what matter.

graz 08-01-2011 08:40 PM

Re: Fear and Bargaining in DC (Robert Wright & Conn Carroll)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by harkin (Post 219698)
How can Bob say that Obama is a bad negotiator? He does not negotiate at all, he misdirects, stalls and lies. He kicked the can down the road for two and a half years so he wouldn't have to deal with the deficit. Then he demonized republicans and got another delay till after the 2012 election.

He also got his party to bribe their way to passage of a horrific government takeover of the health care system. He now has permission to use unspent stimulus money to get out the vote next Nov. You can say he's a pure politiican, demagogue and a bald-faced liar aided and abetted by a compliant press but he's very good at it.

Yeah Bob. And another thing, what makes you think he really wants to tax fat cats? He's only paid mild lip service to the idea. He welcomes your scorn, or any coming from his left. It gives him cred on the only street that matters ... Wall st.

graz 08-01-2011 08:42 PM

Re: Fear and Bargaining in DC (Robert Wright & Conn Carroll)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by harkin (Post 219699)
Wonderment makes a great point.

Liberals will whine and moan but in the end they don't care about Obama's lies or lack of principals. Ideology, socialist supreme court justices and any move towards the nanny state are what matter.

That's O'bummer to you pal.

miceelf 08-01-2011 08:44 PM

Re: How Obama lost (and won back) my vote for 2012
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonderment (Post 219693)
110% - Rick Perry

or

101% - All other viable GOP candidates

...and then there's always the other 100%, which is the prospect of a Republican president nominating justices to the Supreme Court.

Yeah. That.

miceelf 08-01-2011 08:46 PM

Re: Fear and Bargaining in DC (Robert Wright & Conn Carroll)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by harkin (Post 219699)
Liberals will whine and moan but in the end they don't care about Obama's lies or lack of principals. Ideology, socialist supreme court justices and any move towards the nanny state are what matter.

That's why so many Republicans who have *always* opposed the deficit and fiscal profligacy voted for Bush, the guy they now claim was never a *real* conservative. Right?

It couldn't possibly be that people make pragmatic decisions about their best available options and vote accordingly or anything like that.

badhatharry 08-01-2011 08:56 PM

Re: Fear and Bargaining in DC (Robert Wright & Conn Carroll)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by harkin (Post 219698)
He kicked the can down the road for two and a half years so he wouldn't have to deal with the deficit.

Is that the same road that has the ditch that the Republicans drove the car into which then the president had to dig out and which made him say that the Republicans couldn't have the keys because they didn't help and would have to sit in the back seat?

Sulla the Dictator 08-01-2011 08:59 PM

Re: How Obama lost (and won back) my vote for 2012
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonderment (Post 219693)

And (now for the kicking and screaming part) how Obama dragged me back and got my firm commitment to campaign my butt off and work the phones for him next year:

110% - Rick Perry

or

101% - All other viable GOP candidates

...and then there's always the other 100%, which is the prospect of a Republican president nominating justices to the Supreme Court.

Well, if you wonder why Conservative politicians listen to their grass roots and liberals don't, here's your answer. The Conservative base has, and will, sit out elections for unsatisfactory options. You guys on the left will vote for everyone from Clinton to Obama, no matter what they do. So why shouldn't they do what is necessary to continue their hold on power?

stephanie 08-01-2011 09:13 PM

Re: Fear and Bargaining in DC (Robert Wright & Conn Carroll)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by miceelf (Post 219704)
That's why so many Republicans who have *always* opposed the deficit and fiscal profligacy voted for Bush, the guy they now claim was never a *real* conservative. Right?

It couldn't possibly be that people make pragmatic decisions about their best available options and vote accordingly or anything like that.

Harkin seems to be saying that it's bad to vote based on your principles (ideology). He tries to muddle this by yelling Socialist!, of course. But it's bad to vote for Obama, because Obama lacks principles, by which it seems he means that Obama's policies views are different rom his own or perhaps Wonderment's. But if Wonderment should vote on principle, why should he not take the closeness of Obama's to his own vs. those of Rick Perry? Weird.

Or is this another "he stands on principle and that's good, the principles themselves are not important, because he stands on them!" argument, like we used to get about Bush back before Bush was just another liberal socialist?

badhatharry 08-01-2011 09:21 PM

Re: Fear and Bargaining in DC (Robert Wright & Conn Carroll)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by miceelf (Post 219704)
That's why so many Republicans who have *always* opposed the deficit and fiscal profligacy voted for Bush, the guy they now claim was never a *real* conservative. Right?

It couldn't possibly be that people make pragmatic decisions about their best available options and vote accordingly or anything like that.

I think that the awareness of debt and deficit is actually pretty recent (in geologic time :)). I think now that people have been made aware of the issue things will be changing. The era of big government may be officially over.

badhatharry 08-01-2011 09:35 PM

Re: Fear and Bargaining in DC (Robert Wright & Conn Carroll)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stephanie (Post 219709)
Harkin seems to be saying that it's bad to vote based on your principles (ideology). He tries to muddle this by yelling Socialist!, of course. But it's bad to vote for Obama, because Obama lacks principles, by which it seems he means that Obama's policies views are different rom his own or perhaps Wonderment's. But if Wonderment should vote on principle, why should he not take the closeness of Obama's to his own vs. those of Rick Perry? Weird.

How would one muddle saying that it's bad to vote based on your principles by yelling 'Socialist!'? The rest of your post is similiarly mysterious. You seem to be saying that harkin thinks it's bad to vote for Obama because he lacks principles, but surely you know that any principles Obama would uphold would be the very reason harkin would say not to vote for him. I know it's hard to understand this stuff so let's just boil the thing down, shall we?

http://images3.cpcache.com/product_z...quare-true.jpg

sugarkang 08-01-2011 09:43 PM

Re: Fear and Bargaining in DC (Robert Wright & Conn Carroll)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by badhatharry (Post 219711)
The era of big government may be officially over.

That seems a tad optimistic.

I'd like to see Conn Carroll more often. I think he has really good chemistry with people who do number crunching. I vote for Annie Lowrey. It'd be nice to have a bi-monthly program of some sort with an uber clever name like "E-Conn Thursday."

badhatharry 08-01-2011 09:50 PM

Re: Fear and Bargaining in DC (Robert Wright & Conn Carroll)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sugarkang (Post 219717)
That seems a tad optimistic.

I'd like to see Conn Carroll more often. I think he has really good chemistry with people who do number crunching. I vote for Annie Lowrey. It'd be nice to have a bi-monthly program of some sort with an uber clever name like "E-Conn Thursday."

Well we know he likes Annie! and e-conn is very clever, indeed.

However, I don't see us returning to the let government do it days. I think people have definitely awakened. It started happening before Obama was elected. Nobody likes a big debt.

PS. Did Conn leave Heritage? I'd look myself but that would require effort.

Ocean 08-01-2011 09:52 PM

Re: How Obama lost (and won back) my vote for 2012
 
Me too.

graz 08-01-2011 10:07 PM

Re: Fear and Bargaining in DC (Robert Wright & Conn Carroll)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by badhatharry (Post 219719)
I think people have definitely awakened.

Not if you're any indication ...
Quote:

... I'd look myself but that would require effort.
Teatards unite.

Wonderment 08-01-2011 10:15 PM

Re: How Obama lost (and won back) my vote for 2012
 
Quote:

Me too.
No hay de otra :)

Ocean 08-01-2011 10:19 PM

Re: How Obama lost (and won back) my vote for 2012
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonderment (Post 219725)
No hay de otra :)

Nada!

miceelf 08-01-2011 10:34 PM

Re: Fear and Bargaining in DC (Robert Wright & Conn Carroll)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by badhatharry (Post 219711)
I think that the awareness of debt and deficit is actually pretty recent (in geologic time :)). I think now that people have been made aware of the issue things will be changing. The era of big government may be officially over.

Not really. Deficits will immediately be forgotten as soon as there's another GOP president. It's happened before, this concern with deficits that occurs when Dem presidents come into office.

But that's tangential. The point is that literally thousands of conservatives who now claim that Bush was not at all a real conservative some how managed to vote for him.

badhatharry 08-01-2011 10:44 PM

Re: Fear and Bargaining in DC (Robert Wright & Conn Carroll)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by graz (Post 219724)

Teatards unite.

teatards, cute. But really, you're just a piker.

We have negotiated with terrorists

They have acted like terrorists

what they’re saying is we’ll blow up the country if you don’t listen to us

This deal is a sugar-coated satan sandwich (my personal favorite)

It probably is – with some Satan fries on the side

What we’re trying to do is save the world from the Republican budget. We’re trying to save life on this planet as we know it today.

a small number of extremists to take the House of Representatives and the economy of the world as hostages

nearly complete capitulation to the hostage-taking demands of Republican extremists.

Tea Partiers are hyper-violent extremists

AemJeff 08-01-2011 10:55 PM

Re: Fear and Bargaining in DC (Robert Wright & Conn Carroll)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by badhatharry (Post 219730)
teatards, cute. But really, you're just a piker.

We have negotiated with terrorists

They have acted like terrorists

what they’re saying is we’ll blow up the country if you don’t listen to us

This deal is a sugar-coated satan sandwich (my personal favorite)

It probably is – with some Satan fries on the side

What we’re trying to do is save the world from the Republican budget. We’re trying to save life on this planet as we know it today.

a small number of extremists to take the House of Representatives and the economy of the world as hostages

nearly complete capitulation to the hostage-taking demands of Republican extremists.

Tea Partiers are hyper-violent extremists

Tea-partiers are puerile idiots.
That's as concise as possible.

graz 08-01-2011 10:58 PM

Re: Fear and Bargaining in DC (Robert Wright & Conn Carroll)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by badhatharry (Post 219730)
teatards, cute. But really, you're just a piker.

We have negotiated with terrorists

They have acted like terrorists

what they’re saying is we’ll blow up the country if you don’t listen to us

This deal is a sugar-coated satan sandwich (my personal favorite)

It probably is – with some Satan fries on the side

What we’re trying to do is save the world from the Republican budget. We’re trying to save life on this planet as we know it today.

a small number of extremists to take the House of Representatives and the economy of the world as hostages

nearly complete capitulation to the hostage-taking demands of Republican extremists.

Tea Partiers are hyper-violent extremists

Which of those bolded statements would you say are inaccurate?

badhatharry 08-01-2011 11:21 PM

Re: Fear and Bargaining in DC (Robert Wright & Conn Carroll)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by miceelf (Post 219728)
Not really. Deficits will immediately be forgotten as soon as there's another GOP president. It's happened before, this concern with deficits that occurs when Dem presidents come into office.

But that's tangential. The point is that literally thousands of conservatives who now claim that Bush was not at all a real conservative some how managed to vote for him.

In case you haven't noticed this is a really, really big deficit.
I'm not saying that any of this will happen over night, just as this debt ceiling will not cut spending.
I just think the American people have gotten the message.

badhatharry 08-01-2011 11:35 PM

Re: Fear and Bargaining in DC (Robert Wright & Conn Carroll)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by graz (Post 219733)
Which of those bolded statements would you say are inaccurate?

That your observations are cute.

However, I missed the really, really nobel prize winning comment by none other than nobel prize winning Mr Krugman.

He argues (about the deal struck by the terrorists), that "by demonstrating that raw extortion works and carries no political cost, it will take America a long way down the road to banana-republic status."

I think he may be delusional and someone should check up on him.

badhatharry 08-01-2011 11:36 PM

Re: Fear and Bargaining in DC (Robert Wright & Conn Carroll)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AemJeff (Post 219732)
Tea-partiers are puerile idiots.
That's as concise as possible.

really, really harsh, Jeff

AemJeff 08-01-2011 11:36 PM

Re: Fear and Bargaining in DC (Robert Wright & Conn Carroll)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by badhatharry (Post 219737)
In case you haven't noticed this is a really, really big deficit.
I'm not saying that any of this will happen over night, just as this debt ceiling will not cut spending.
I just think the American people have gotten the message.

It's not that big. It hasn't approached the biggest we've ever had by any meaningful measure.

AemJeff 08-01-2011 11:38 PM

Re: Fear and Bargaining in DC (Robert Wright & Conn Carroll)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by badhatharry (Post 219741)
really, really harsh, Jeff

It's exactly what I believe. There are people associated with the movement who that doesn't describe. They're simply cynics.

badhatharry 08-02-2011 12:10 AM

Re: Fear and Bargaining in DC (Robert Wright & Conn Carroll)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AemJeff (Post 219742)
It's not that big. It hasn't approached the biggest we've ever had by any meaningful measure.

really?

badhatharry 08-02-2011 12:13 AM

Re: Fear and Bargaining in DC (Robert Wright & Conn Carroll)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AemJeff (Post 219743)
It's exactly what I believe. There are people associated with the movement who that doesn't describe. They're simply cynics.

which cynic?


cyn·ic
   [sin-ik] Show IPA

–noun
1.
a person who believes that only selfishness motivates human actions and who disbelieves in or minimizes selfless acts or disinterested points of view.

2.
( initial capital letter ) one of a sect of Greek philosophers, 4th century b.c., who advocated the doctrines that virtue is the only good, that the essence of virtue is self-control, and that surrender to any external influence is beneath human dignity.

3.
a person who shows or expresses a bitterly or sneeringly cynical attitude.
.

AemJeff 08-02-2011 12:27 AM

Re: Fear and Bargaining in DC (Robert Wright & Conn Carroll)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by badhatharry (Post 219746)

Really. Take the x-origin back another thirty-five years previous to where that WAPO chart begins. Just after WWII the debt was about 120% of GDP. That was followed by 20 or so years of strong growth.

whburgess 08-02-2011 12:28 AM

Obama gets it. His base doesn't.
 
Well, here is the rare exceptional liberal pundit who gets it.

Most of the rest of them are in denial.

The tea party won big on this one for a very simple reason. Most Americans think the government is too big and is spending too much money. Obama is one of the rare liberals who isn't in denial on this.

Whether he gets reelected is pretty much out of his hands, but if there was anything he could have done to help himself get reelected, he did it with this deal.

ohreally 08-02-2011 12:28 AM

Re: How Obama lost (and won back) my vote for 2012
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonderment (Post 219693)
And (now for the kicking and screaming part) how Obama dragged me back and got my firm commitment to campaign my butt off and work the phones for him next year: 110% - Rick Perry or 101% - All other viable GOP candidates.

Wonderment informs us that liberals can be bought at any price, and seems almost proud of it. Does he realize that Obama uses these people as toilet paper? But that's ok,because Wonderment, who has apparently tasted both, assures us that Obama's shit tastes better than Perry's. This is so Weimar Republic, isn't it, this congenital inability of liberal elites to draw a red line, to take a stand, to inflict punishment on anyone. Obama oozes contempt for such liberals and there I am with him. Every culture can be trusted to produce its contingent of teaparty nutters. It's when the liberal elites surrender their agency (and dignity) that you know the country is done for. The ascendency of the tea party has as much to do with their own populist demagoguery as it does with the abject surrender of the liberal poodles. The people who will "work the phones" for Obama deserve the tea party. Hell, they created the tea party with their proven inability to challenge power -- any power -- and their uncanny willingness of sell out every principle at the altar of lesser-evilism. The idea of punishing someone "on your side" for betraying every fucking principle you hold is unthinkable to them because right behind the traitor there's someone epsilon worse! The problem when you accept the logic of this dynamic is that you'll always lose. If you never punish a politician for betraying you, you'll always be betrayed. And liberals wonder why everyone loathes them.

AemJeff 08-02-2011 12:32 AM

Re: Fear and Bargaining in DC (Robert Wright & Conn Carroll)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by badhatharry (Post 219747)
which cynic?


cyn·ic
   [sin-ik] Show IPA

–noun
1.
a person who believes that only selfishness motivates human actions and who disbelieves in or minimizes selfless acts or disinterested points of view.

2.
( initial capital letter ) one of a sect of Greek philosophers, 4th century b.c., who advocated the doctrines that virtue is the only good, that the essence of virtue is self-control, and that surrender to any external influence is beneath human dignity.

3.
a person who shows or expresses a bitterly or sneeringly cynical attitude.
.

4. Someone who exploits the weakness of others to his own advantage.

whburgess 08-02-2011 12:37 AM

Re: How Obama lost (and won back) my vote for 2012
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ohreally (Post 219750)
Wonderment informs us that liberals can be bought at any price, and seems almost proud of it. Does he realize that Obama uses these people as toilet paper? But that's ok,because Wonderment, who has apparently tasted both, assures us that Obama's shit tastes better than Perry's. This is so Weimar Republic, isn't it, this congenital inability of liberal elites to draw a red line, to take a stand, to inflict punishment on anyone. Obama oozes contempt for such liberals and there I am with him. Every culture can be trusted to produce its contingent of teaparty nutters. It's when the liberal elites surrender their agency (and dignity) that you know the country is done for. The ascendency of the tea party has as much to do with their own populist demagoguery as it does with the abject surrender of the liberal poodles. The people who will "work the phones" for Obama deserve the tea party. Hell, they created the tea party with their proven inability to challenge power -- any power -- and their uncanny willingness of sell out every principle at the altar of lesser-evilism. The idea of punishing someone "on your side" for betraying every fucking principle you hold is unthinkable to them because right behind the traitor there's someone epsilon worse! The problem when you accept the logic of this dynamic is that you'll always lose. If you never punish a politician for betraying you, you'll always be betrayed. And liberals wonder why everyone loathes them.

Nothing would please us on the right more then if these two things could happen every election cycle:

1. More liberals think like this---or take your advice.

2. Someone like Ralph Nader run in every election.

Wonderment 08-02-2011 12:44 AM

Re: How Obama lost (and won back) my vote for 2012
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ohreally (Post 219750)
Wonderment informs us that liberals can be bought at any price, and seems almost proud of it. Does he realize that Obama uses these people as toilet paper? But that's ok,because Wonderment, who has apparently tasted both, assures us that Obama's shit tastes better than Perry's. This is so Weimar Republic, isn't it, this congenital inability of liberal elites to draw a red line, to take a stand, to inflict punishment on anyone. Obama oozes contempt for such liberals and there I am with him. Every culture can be trusted to produce its contingent of teaparty nutters. It's when the liberal elites surrender their agency (and dignity) that you know the country is done for. The ascendency of the tea party has as much to do with their own populist demagoguery as it does with the abject surrender of the liberal poodles. The people who will "work the phones" for Obama deserve the tea party. Hell, they created the tea party with their proven inability to challenge power -- any power -- and their uncanny willingness of sell out every principle at the altar of lesser-evilism. The idea of punishing someone "on your side" for betraying every fucking principle you hold is unthinkable to them because right behind the traitor there's someone epsilon worse! The problem when you accept the logic of this dynamic is that you'll always lose. If you never punish a politician for betraying you, you'll always be betrayed. And liberals wonder why everyone loathes them.

Quite a rant, OhReally. I don't think I've ever been called a poodle, shit-eater, Nazi enabler, loathsome, congenitally defective, toilet paper and abject coward all in one otherwise uninteresting paragraph.

Who are you voting for, by the way?

Oops, as a "liberal elite" that should be "For whom are you voting?"

Ocean 08-02-2011 07:37 AM

Re: How Obama lost (and won back) my vote for 2012
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ohreally (Post 219750)
Wonderment informs us that liberals can be bought at any price, and seems almost proud of it. Does he realize that Obama uses these people as toilet paper? But that's ok,because Wonderment, who has apparently tasted both, assures us that Obama's shit tastes better than Perry's. This is so Weimar Republic, isn't it, this congenital inability of liberal elites to draw a red line, to take a stand, to inflict punishment on anyone. Obama oozes contempt for such liberals and there I am with him. Every culture can be trusted to produce its contingent of teaparty nutters. It's when the liberal elites surrender their agency (and dignity) that you know the country is done for. The ascendency of the tea party has as much to do with their own populist demagoguery as it does with the abject surrender of the liberal poodles. The people who will "work the phones" for Obama deserve the tea party. Hell, they created the tea party with their proven inability to challenge power -- any power -- and their uncanny willingness of sell out every principle at the altar of lesser-evilism. The idea of punishing someone "on your side" for betraying every fucking principle you hold is unthinkable to them because right behind the traitor there's someone epsilon worse! The problem when you accept the logic of this dynamic is that you'll always lose. If you never punish a politician for betraying you, you'll always be betrayed. And liberals wonder why everyone loathes them.

No need to loath anyone here if you ask me.

The lesser evilism that you mention has always been the choice. I've never heard of anyone in this country who is such an example of perfection that everybody that votes for him/her will be 100% in agreement.

As voters we have to vote for real people, not an idealized fantasy of what we would like it to be. Obama may be far from that fantasy, but right now he's the only option. Bring an electable more liberal Dem and we'll talk again.

You ask about Perry. If you know anything at all, and I will assume you do, about liberals, you'll know that Perry represents just about the opposite of the most fundamental principles of liberalism. So why your surprise? Do you need to taste his shit to figure that out?

You're minimizing the real problem here, which isn't about whether Obama is liberal enough or not. The problem resides in the extreme movement to the right of the Republican Party. That Tea Party that you mention doesn't have any internal consistency that would justify your claims. It's the voice of a manipulated group. It'll die because it has no direction, no substance.

So you want to punish your less than perfect Democrat, by, what? Letting a Michelle Bachmann be elected? Is that your great idea for today?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.