Bloggingheads Community

Bloggingheads Community (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/index.php)
-   Life, the Universe and Everything (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Stepping back from the fray for something light (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showthread.php?t=5071)

rfrobison 03-24-2010 11:55 PM

Stepping back from the fray for something light
 
Well, I'm on vacation for the next three weeks or so before starting a new work gig. Hence all the posts.

I thought I'd share a bit of Japanese pop with anybody who's interested. To be honest, J-Pop generally leaves me cold. But here's a duo called Love Psychedelico that I think are pretty awesome, in addition to being quite silly, what with their nonsensical English and outsider snapshot of Middle America.

Lead singer is quite sexy, too, guys, IMHO. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZQDVPaui_Q

AemJeff 03-25-2010 12:17 AM

Re: Stepping back from the fray for something light
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rfrobison (Post 155868)
Well, I'm on vacation for the next three weeks or so before starting a new work gig. Hence all the posts.

I thought I'd share a bit of Japanese pop with anybody who's interested. To be honest, J-Pop generally leaves me cold. But here's a duo called Love Psychedelico that I think are pretty awesome, in addition to being quite silly, what with their nonsensical English and outsider snapshot of Middle America.

Lead singer is quite sexy, too, guys, IMHO. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZQDVPaui_Q

I liked it. I tried to find something by the Five, Six, Seven, Eights to post in response, but it looks like Quentin Tarantino's lawyers have scoured You-Tube. Too bad.

graz 03-25-2010 12:41 AM

Re: Stepping back from the fray for something light
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AemJeff (Post 155873)
I liked it. I tried to find something by the Five, Six, Seven, Eights to post in response, but it looks like Quentin Tarantino's lawyers have scoured You-Tube. Too bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBBqOTd5qzE

AemJeff 03-25-2010 12:56 AM

Re: Stepping back from the fray for something light
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by graz (Post 155880)

You da man. It didn't even occur to me not to spell it out. Doh!

rfrobison 03-25-2010 01:04 AM

Re: Stepping back from the fray for something light
 
Mmm, well, sorta Stray Cats-like, aren't they? Not quite my cuppa tea, but at least it's easy to sing along!

rfrobison 03-25-2010 01:07 AM

Re: Stepping back from the fray for something light
 
Unlike my guys, who, no matter how hard I listen to them, I can't make any sense of at all lyric-wise. But maybe that's the point. Beats me.

AemJeff 03-25-2010 10:40 AM

Re: Stepping back from the fray for something light
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rfrobison (Post 155885)
Unlike my guys, who, no matter how hard I listen to them, I can't make any sense of at all lyric-wise. But maybe that's the point. Beats me.

Your guys are also way better musicians. Both bands are deeply into the irony business, but the 5, 6, 7, 8s are winking a lot harder, I think.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.