PDA

View Full Version : What the Heck Is This?

eeeeeeeli
06-29-2011, 10:34 AM
OK, I just watched one of the most disturbing videos I've seen in a while. It's a tea party member/advocate who has a lot to say about race - including many things that seem pretty obviously racist - yet completely denies that he is racist.

A Time for TEAHAD (http://wonkette.com/443972/tea-party-sportsman-tired-of-nigras-calling-him-racist)

Or, at least he equates his own conservative beliefs as logically necessitating a racist outlook - "If that's racist, well then I guess I'm a racist", he says.

What is striking to me is how much of what he says is mainstream conservative stuff these days, yet he is willing to go the next step and describe a sort of justification for it in racial terms. This seems expressive of a sort of honesty that many who hold the exact same views wouldn't dare admit - likely for fear of being called a racist.

Anyway, it's red-hot stuff. But I thought it raised a lot of interesting questions. Such as is this unconscious racism? Are there racist "patterns of thought" that people can hold that contradict their own desire to not be racist? What is the strange relationship between so many of the conservative issues he raises and racism? Where does racism come from?

operative
06-29-2011, 10:46 AM
OK, I just watched one of the most disturbing videos I've seen in a while. It's a tea party member/advocate who has a lot to say about race - including many things that seem pretty obviously racist - yet completely denies that he is racist.

A Time for TEAHAD (http://wonkette.com/443972/tea-party-sportsman-tired-of-nigras-calling-him-racist)

Or, at least he equates his own conservative beliefs as logically necessitating a racist outlook - "If that's racist, well then I guess I'm a racist", he says.

What is striking to me is how much of what he says is mainstream conservative stuff these days, yet he is willing to go the next step and describe a sort of justification for it in racial terms. This seems expressive of a sort of honesty that many who hold the exact same views wouldn't dare admit - likely for fear of being called a racist.

Anyway, it's red-hot stuff. But I thought it raised a lot of interesting questions. Such as is this unconscious racism? Are there racist "patterns of thought" that people can hold that contradict their own desire to not be racist? What is the strange relationship between so many of the conservative issues he raises and racism? Where does racism come from?

It's a fraud run by a guy who has been involved in previous scam operations. Google the guy's name.

eeeeeeeli
06-30-2011, 10:06 AM
It's a fraud run by a guy who has been involved in previous scam operations. Google the guy's name.
OK - I guess I could see that. However he sounds awful close to what you can hear all over the place - just a bit more "eloquent" and direct about it.

But, point taken.