PDA

View Full Version : from Schmitt & Pinkerton

Don Zeko
05-20-2011, 09:59 PM
and when it's no longer sustainable, it will end. Unless of course the government tries to regulate it. In that case it will go one forever.

This is the quintessential Badhatharry quote. She helpfully stuck to pronouns, so this can be applied to any problem at any time. Armed with this quote, I can now pre-emptively Badhat Badhat from here on out. Thank you. Thank you so much.

bjkeefe
05-20-2011, 10:04 PM
and when it's no longer sustainable, it will end. Unless of course the government tries to regulate it. In that case it will go one forever.

This is the quintessential Badhatharry quote. She helpfully stuck to pronouns, so this can be applied to any problem at any time. Armed with this quote, I can now pre-emptively Badhat Badhat from here on out. Thank you. Thank you so much.

Yes! She's here to help!

I am comforted to know that she now acknowledges that government regulation will keep things sustainable forever.

Also, what has happened to badhat's spelling?

... it will go one forever.

Give that man an applause.

Did she and 'fur get confused about who's supposed to be posting to what account?

handle
05-20-2011, 10:55 PM
Yes! She's here to help!

I am comforted to know that she now acknowledges that government regulation will keep things sustainable forever.

Also, what has happened to badhat's spelling?

Did she and 'fur get confused about who's supposed to be posting to what account?

Furbossnavmaki's desease. (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showthread.php?p=209537#post209537)

look
05-20-2011, 11:07 PM
Furbossnavmaki's desease. (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showthread.php?p=209537#post209537)Are you referring to my quote? If so, please refrain from insinuating that I am Fur. You may think it's funny, but I think it's libelous and creates an atmosphere of distrust on the board.

TwinSwords
05-20-2011, 11:31 PM
Are you referring to my quote? If so, please refrain from insinuating that I am Fur. You may think it's funny, but I think it's libelous and creates an atmosphere of distrust on the board.

ROFL

bjkeefe
05-21-2011, 01:34 AM
... please refrain from insinuating ... You may think it's funny, but I think it's libelous and creates an atmosphere of distrust on the board.

Insinuations ... creating an atmosphere of distrust ...

The mind reels.

The phrase that first jumps to mind, Ms. McCarthy, is "Are you now, or have you ever ..."

Oh, no, wait. It was actually, in your case, "Are you now, or were you in the past ..."

You do remember your Carole Ann Boonesque episode of drooly infatuation with the kidley, I trust. (This was prior to your equally unsettling snuggling up to that furry creature.) Or do I need to link?

Not to mention, just to take a quick sampling: "I find it to be a betrayal of trust." Or "Yes, it's interesting that the two most vicious liberal commenters, Brendan and TS, receive awards, while your relatively benign observation gets labeled." Or "it casts a pall on the site that maybe the average liberal won't find as wearing as the average conservative." Or 'CF, will you please send a link to some of your articles about how terms of service impedes free speech?" Or "May I recommend a nice cup of shut the hell up?" Or ...

Bring back Fur and Lyle!!!And kidneystones!!!

And we won't even begin to touch on your endless references to Stanley "The thinking woman's Jerome Corsi" Kurtz all during the spring and summer of 2008. You know, when you said you had "second thoughts" about Obama, who you "voted for in the primary, but" and so were doing "research," while promising at least thrice-weekly to do the same regarding McCain and Palin, but then ...

Etc. Links on request, if you'd really like me to make it plain what it looks like when someone tries to create an atmosphere of distrust on the board.

Stop trying to fuck up a site just because it doesn't run exactly the way you, 'fur, kidley, badhat, harkin, the operative, and the rest of the snivelers wish it would, is the point.

P.S. And yeah, I got your Christmas card last Dec 25. That's another thing I won't forget.

look
05-21-2011, 01:44 AM
Insinuations ... creating an atmosphere of distrust ...

The mind reels.

The phrase that first jumps to mind, Ms. McCarthy, is "Are you now, or have you ever ..."

Oh, no, wait. It was actually, in your case, "Are you now, or were you in the past ..."

You do remember your Carole Ann Boonesque episode of drooly infatuation with the kidley, I trust. (This was prior to your equally unsettling snuggling up to that furry creature.) Or do I need to link?

Not to mention, just to take a quick sampling: "I find it to be a betrayal of trust." Or "Yes, it's interesting that the two most vicious liberal commenters, Brendan and TS, receive awards, while your relatively benign observation gets labeled." Or "it casts a pall on the site that maybe the average liberal won't find as wearing as the average conservative." Or 'CF, will you please send a link to some of your articles about how terms of service impedes free speech?" Or "May I recommend a nice cup of shut the hell up?" Or ...

And we won't even begin to touch on your endless references to Stanley "The thinking woman's Jerome Corsi" Kurtz all during the spring and summer of 2008. You know, when you said you had "second thoughts" about Obama, who you "voted for in the primary, but" and so were doing "research," while promising at least thrice-weekly to do the same regarding McCain and Palin, but then ...

Etc. Links on request, if you'd really like me to make it plain what it looks like when someone tries to create an atmosphere of distrust on the board.

Stop trying to fuck up a site just because it doesn't run exactly the way you, 'fur, kidley, badhat, harkin, the operative, and the rest of the snivelers wish it would, is the point.

P.S. And yeah, I got your Christmas card last Dec 25. That's another thing I won't forget.Brendan, my dear, I can do the tit for tat as well as you, links and all. I'm talking here about your and others' obsession with Fur...don't sweep me up in it just because you dislike my posts or resent that I'm friends with him, and with KS.

As for the Christmas wish, sorry you're too wrapped up in partisanship to take it the way it was meant...sincerely.

bjkeefe
05-21-2011, 02:01 AM
Brendan, my dear, I can do the tit for tat as well as you, links and all.

Can you? Without running sobbing to the site admins? Or "disappearing" for months at a time, when you get called on your bullshit?

I'm talking here about your and others' obsession with Fur...don't sweep me up in it just because you dislike my posts or resent that I'm friends with him, and with KS.

Emph. added.

Thanks for the admission. Finally. A couple of years after everyone else has already sussed out where you were coming from, but hey, better late than, and so forth.

As for the Christmas wish, sorry you're too wrapped up in partisanship to take it the way it was meant...sincerely.

Ah, "partisanship." Your last resort when working the refs no longer seems plausible, even to you and your friends, isn't it? Because you never come to a discussion, or assess others, with your leanings in the front of your mind, amirite?

In light of your history, your card was singularly creepy. I expect that's the effect you wanted it to have. Be a little honest for once and at least admit that.

look
05-21-2011, 02:11 AM
Can you? Without running sobbing to the site admins? Or "disappearing" for months at a time, when you get called on your bullshit?Yes.

Why is disappearing in quotation marks?

Emph. added.

Thanks for the admission. Finally. A couple of years after everyone else has already sussed out where you were coming from, but hey, better late than, and so forth.I never made it a secret I got along with Fur. That really needed sussed out?

Ah, "partisanship." Your last resort when working the refs no longer seems plausible, even to you and your friends, isn't it? Because you never come to a discussion, or assess others, with your leanings in the front of your mind, amirite?

In light of your history, your card was singularly creepy. I expect that's the effect you wanted it to have. Be a little honest for once and at least admit that.I said Merry Christmas, added a smilie, and signed my real name. Yes, super-creepy.

bjkeefe
05-21-2011, 02:53 AM
Why is disappearing in quotation marks?

I'd tell you, but then you would restart your complaining about "insinuations," wouldn't you?

I never made it a secret I got along with Fur. That really needed sussed out?

Hmmm! So now it's "got along with." That's a bit of walking back from "I'm friends with (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showpost.php?p=209889&postcount=21)," isn't it? Verb tense change and everything!

But yes. Put that "never made it a secret" in the same trashcan as "the check's in the mail." You were not up front about it for a long time. Which was of a piece with the image you tried to sustain, of the proverbial Concerned Yet Open-Minded Moderate. Eventually you did inadvertently leak enough about your real allegiances that you finally dove in and publicly pledged fealty to the 'furry, but the key words there are eventually and finally.

I said Merry Christmas, added a smilie, and signed my real name. Yes, super-creepy.

Revisionist history is characteristic of your ilk, isn't it? Well, whatever. Keep telling yourself what you need to tell yourself, I guess. It's not like I don't already think you're a lost cause, so I might as well wish you the ability at least to live with yourself and to be able to sleep at night.

We bleeding heart liberals are like that. To our discredit, I often think.

look
05-21-2011, 03:03 AM
I'd tell you, but then you would restart your complaining about "insinuations," wouldn't you?Oh, go ahead, you're on a roll.

Hmmm! So now it's "got along with." That's a bit of walking back from "I'm friends with (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showpost.php?p=209889&postcount=21)," isn't it? Verb tense change and everything!You're reaching, friendo.

But yes. Put that "never made it a secret" in the same trashcan as "the check's in the mail." You were not up front about it for a long time. Which was of a piece with the image you tried to sustain, of the proverbial Concerned Yet Open-Minded Moderate. Eventually you did inadvertently leak enough about your real allegiances that you finally dove in and publicly pledged fealty to the 'furry, but the key words there are eventually and finally.Not my recollection, but maybe you can use your research super-powers and provide examples over time.

Revisionist history is characteristic of your ilk, isn't it? Well, whatever. Keep telling yourself what you need to tell yourself, I guess. It's not like I don't already think you're a lost cause, so I might as well wish you the ability at least to live with yourself and to be able to sleep at night.

We bleeding heart liberals are like that. To our discredit, I often think.Post my holiday wish or shut up. It was nothing but kindly meant.

bjkeefe
05-21-2011, 03:18 AM
Oh, go ahead, you're on a roll.You're reaching, friendo.

Not my recollection, but maybe you can use your research super-powers and provide examples over time.

Oh ho! It's "research super-powers" now, is it? But didn't someone say, just a few minutes ago, ...

Brendan, my dear, I can do the tit for tat as well as you, links and all.

Funny how that works. The empty assertion thing, followed by the attempted belittling of an ability previously claimed thing, I mean. Why, it's almost like ... no, that would be mean.

Post my holiday wish or shut up.

This very much reminds me of a certain "ex"-commenter who was in the habit of sending threats via email and PM. Sorry to have to break it to you, look, but I don't always keep every last thing that's sent to me, particularly when it's distasteful.

Or do I?

I'm going to give you a break on this one because you're working yourself into a snit which I'm suddenly not convinced is entirely sober.

Be careful what you ask for. Let's just leave it at that.

badhatharry
05-21-2011, 03:21 AM
Yes.

Why is disappearing in quotation marks?I never made it a secret I got along with Fur. That really needed sussed out? I said Merry Christmas, added a smilie, and signed my real name. Yes, super-creepy.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTm5dl213Eea3ArDIkIjI9rLo-bYQCJIvcLLVT9ipHKNht8OtYE

look
05-21-2011, 03:41 AM
Oh ho! It's "research super-powers" now, is it? But didn't someone say, just a few minutes ago, ...

Funny how that works. The empty assertion thing, followed by the attempted belittling of an ability previously claimed thing, I mean. Why, it's almost like ... no, that would be mean.

This very much reminds me of a certain "ex"-commenter who was in the habit of sending threats via email and PM. Sorry to have to break it to you, look, but I don't always keep every last thing that's sent to me, particularly when it's distasteful.

Or do I?

I'm going to give you a break on this one because you're working yourself into a snit which I'm suddenly not convinced is entirely sober.

Be careful what you ask for. Let's just leave it at that.Your kung fu is weak. Very, very weak.

look
05-21-2011, 03:42 AM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTm5dl213Eea3ArDIkIjI9rLo-bYQCJIvcLLVT9ipHKNht8OtYE:)

bjkeefe
05-21-2011, 06:30 AM
Your kung fu is weak. Very, very weak.

Weak compared to what?

Weak compared to starting off by getting all hoity-toity about "insinuations," then jumping into playing the dozens by bragging "Brendan, my dear, I can do the tit for tat as well as you," and then finishing up when that turned out not to be true by whining to every site admin you could think to CC about how nasty I am?

No, you couldn't have meant weak compared to that. Because that was some seriously weak shit. LIke, infant diarrhea level of weak.

Probably best from here on out that you not start something you can't finish. I've taken no end of nonsense from you and your friends over the years, and I've got precious little room for any more. You want me to be civil, then keep it that way yourselves. You want to play rough, then stop whining when, amazingly, I finally swing back.

Even we bleeding heart liberals have our limits. Sorry you had to find this out the hard way, I guess.

Starwatcher162536
05-21-2011, 06:51 AM
To each their own I guess, but I feel your posts are if not a majority, a plurality, of the reasons why BadHatHarry's and Looks posts are so bad as of late. It may be nostalgia, but I do recall both were "reasonable conservatives" when they started out here. They both were then however dragged/(became engaged) into this tribal battle lefties vs. righties where substantive points matter little and scoring points is all that matters thing we have got going.

To everyone; Is it me or the temp gain we had going after Whatfur/Lyle/KS/ was banned starting to slide away?

operative
05-21-2011, 10:05 AM
To each their own I guess, but I feel your posts are if not a majority, a plurality, of the reasons why BadHatHarry's and Looks posts are so bad as of late. It may be nostalgia, but I do recall both were "reasonable conservatives" when they started out here. They both were then however dragged/(became engaged) into this tribal battle lefties vs. righties where substantive points matter little and scoring points is all that matters thing we have got going.

To everyone; Is it me or the temp gain we had going after Whatfur/Lyle/KS/ was banned starting to slide away?

I'd say that is the apt term. Certain left-wing posters are perpetually in that mode, so I think it's silly to only complain when a few conservatives respond in kind.

badhatharry
05-21-2011, 10:17 AM

Temp gain? It snowed last week at my house :).

badhatharry
05-21-2011, 10:56 AM
:)

even though you never sent me a christmas card and signed your real name!!!

operative
05-21-2011, 11:31 AM
said Merry Christmas, added a smilie, and signed my real name. Yes, super-creepy.

BJ probably just isn't used to getting Christmas cards ;)

bjkeefe
05-21-2011, 01:04 PM
[...]

I bet your "reasonable conservatives" are glad you absolved them of personal responsibility for their own actions. I see that another one of them is!

And how banned do you really think Whatfur is? A rose by any other name ... no, that's probably not the best cliché for this case.

TwinSwords
05-22-2011, 03:24 AM
BadHatHarry's and Looks posts are so bad as of late.

You are not kidding.

look
05-22-2011, 08:02 PM
Oh, go ahead, you're on a roll.You're reaching, friendo.

Not my recollection, but maybe you can use your research super-powers and provide examples over time.

Post my holiday wish or shut up. It was nothing but kindly meant.The other night while Brendan and I were brawling, I was surprised to get this PM from renzo, a name I hadn't seen since the 2008 campaign. The last time renzo posted was July of '08. Here is the message:

Private Message: innocence and sincerity incarnate
Yesterday, 02:14 AM
renzo
Registered User Join Date: Jun 2008

innocence and sincerity incarnate

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you gonna take your ball and go home again, friendo?

In renzo's 13 posts an effort was made to reach out and counsel deebee. Here are two such messages:

Not surprising that you have offered the least generous interpretation of the speech. After all, the still wounded Clintonites (Glenn too) believe all Obama's motives are suspect.
Fortunately, BO has never suggested that he is unlike "those." He doesn't deny his race or deny his desire to campaign - last I checked this would include political maneuvering - so as to be in position as President, to implement the policies that are implied by the speech.

Sorry that your "feelings" are once again unflattered. By the way - Hillary's return to the Senate was marked by her recommitment to fight for the principles she believes in. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. Why don't you try the same for Obama.
http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showpost.php?p=81221&postcount=62

= Unconditional adoration - must be due to demographics.

"Barack Obama is a strange mix of cool cat and nerd. His suits are well-fitting & polished. How you interpret his dress/movements may be influenced by your demographic, ranging anywhere from sexy dude, together intellectual or Louis Farrakhan bodyguard. I agree that sports clothes have proven unfortunate for actual or would-be Presidents & had to chuckle when Kimmel showed Obama also playing basketball with his shirt tucked in (the nerd part)."

= Allusion to the Nation of Islam, disregarding his skill and pointing to a supposed flaw. Professional Basketball players are required to wear their jerseys tucked in by rule. The advantage is that no defender can hold it and impede progress. Another reason to respect Obama's judgement in my estimation.
http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showpost.php?p=81261&postcount=11

Don't be a stranger, renzo.

graz
05-22-2011, 08:08 PM
The other night while Brendan and I were brawling, I was surprised to get this PM from renzo, a name I hadn't seen since the 2008 campaign. The last time renzo posted was July of '08. Here is the message:

In renzo's 13 posts an effort was made to reach out and counsel deebee. Here are two such messages:

http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showpost.php?p=81221&postcount=62

http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showpost.php?p=81261&postcount=11

Don't be a stranger, renzo.

You're sowing distrust in the community again. Why do you hate comity?

look
05-22-2011, 08:10 PM
You're sowing distrust in the community again. Why do you hate comity?Well, if it ain't the Rice-A-Roni Kid.

popcorn_karate
05-23-2011, 06:03 PM

how in god's name did this end up in the dungeon?

Dear Bheads overlords - consider my middle finger to be raised in your general direction.

popcorn_karate
05-23-2011, 06:04 PM
but I feel your posts are if not a majority, a plurality, of the reasons why BadHatHarry's and Looks posts are so bad as of late. It may be nostalgia, but I do recall both were "reasonable conservatives" when they started out here.

badhat had a short run of feigning reasonableness. It has been pretty clear for a while that she has one default comment that she deploys for any and all subjects. I don't see how BJ could have had any effect on that, positive or negative.