PDA

View Full Version : from Wright & Hertzberg

handle
04-28-2011, 06:56 PM
It is not hate. It is fear. Democrats are intent on bringing more and more immigrants into the country to dilute the voting strength of the natives. Democrats want society to be one giant collective. Democrats fear the free range people, which causes them to press for increasing numbers of laws and restrictions ( afirmative action, union work rules, college speech codes, anti discrimination laws, title IX nonsense in colleges, ... ), which in turn make the freedom minded republican people rightfully fear those that advocate for the nanny state.

Hate is born from fear, skinheadsteve. And the reasons you give are born from bullshit, and are true only in your demented mind.
But someone I suspect you admire deeply once said:
“Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it”.

stephanie
04-29-2011, 12:33 PM
Hate is born from fear, skinheadsteve. And the reasons you give are born from bullshit, and are true only in your demented mind.
But someone I suspect you admire deeply once said:
“Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it”.

Given the numerous comments that DS has made along these lines -- comments that a lot of us I think just ignore, rather than dignify with any response -- I find it upsetting that handle's response gets taken down here when Steve's comments are apparently just fine. This is especially bothersome in that the lack of response that Steve often gets to these (and which I think is a fine approach) runs the risk of suggesting that we don't see how outrageous and offensive the comments are, especially since plenty of posters, especially who agree with his politics on other issues, treat him as a normal poster. If the concern is how observers will see it, I think seeing no response or a forum dedicated to reasoned debate of such claims as "native-born Americans naturally don't want immigrants from inferior cultures spoiling things" or "Democrat-americans hate freedom" or "the problem is leftwingers think like women and don't believe in responsibility" or, everyone's favorite, "we need to break up the country so right-thinking Republican-americans not be abused by Dems in the majority (however briefly)."

Note: so there is no confusion, I'm not claiming these are direct quotes, but they are fair approximations of the points made over and over again. To treat a rather harsh, but I think called-for, response such as handle's as the thing to be condemned and hidden away, whereas DS gets accepted as part of mainstream and reasonable debate that should be encouraged strikes me as highly unfair. One wonders if perhaps it's because no one is dedicated to complaining about comments like DS's, whereas there seem to be some dedicated to complaining about other folks whom they just might not like. At any rate, the moderation and comments suggest to me that there's a major misunderstanding of what the problems with the forum actually are.

bjkeefe
04-29-2011, 12:42 PM
Given the numerous comments that DS has made along these lines -- comments that a lot of us I think just ignore, rather than dignify with any response -- I find it upsetting that handle's response gets taken down here when Steve's comments are apparently just fine. This is especially bothersome in that the lack of response that Steve often gets to these (and which I think is a fine approach) runs the risk of suggesting that we don't see how outrageous and offensive the comments are, especially since plenty of posters, especially who agree with his politics on other issues, treat him as a normal poster. If the concern is how observers will see it, I think seeing no response or a forum dedicated to reasoned debate of such claims as "native-born Americans naturally don't want immigrants from inferior cultures spoiling things" or "Democrat-americans hate freedom" or "the problem is leftwingers think like women and don't believe in responsibility" or, everyone's favorite, "we need to break up the country so right-thinking Republican-americans not be abused by Dems in the majority (however briefly)."

Note: so there is no confusion, I'm not claiming these are direct quotes, but they are fair approximations of the points made over and over again. To treat a rather harsh, but I think called-for, response such as handle's as the thing to be condemned and hidden away, whereas DS gets accepted as part of mainstream and reasonable debate that should be encouraged strikes me as highly unfair. One wonders if perhaps it's because no one is dedicated to complaining about comments like DS's, whereas there seem to be some dedicated to complaining about other folks whom they just might not like. At any rate, the moderation and comments suggest to me that there's a major misunderstanding of what the problems with the forum actually are.

Very well said.

handle
04-29-2011, 01:54 PM
Very well said.

While I wholeheartedly agree, and very much appreciate Stephanie bringing attention to the lack of fairness in this example, I don't have a problem with the honor of once again topping the header of what I consider to be the commenter's hall of fame. Besides, I'm pretty sure everyone (word, stevey!) got a chance to read it.
And in Ary's defense, I did comment on his physical appearance... sort of. Though having advocated for the Anti-racist-skinhead movement myself, I did not consider it particularly insulting, aside, of course, from the obvious implication that skinheadsteve just might be a neo-nazi.

Here's another chance for you to deny, confirm, or mitigate, my fringy-freaky-friend.
What say you? (this doesn't leave the dungeon, er, the HOF).