PDA

View Full Version : The Size of It

uncle ebeneezer
03-23-2011, 06:38 PM
Just cross-posting (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showpost.php?p=201888&postcount=399) under new title since things often get buried.

Ocean
03-23-2011, 06:55 PM
Just cross-posting (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showpost.php?p=201888&postcount=399) under new title since things often get buried.

Hmmm... I wouldn't keep bring up the topic, if I were you. ;)

uncle ebeneezer
03-23-2011, 07:00 PM
Sometimes it just brings itself up! (ok enough of that).

I thought that the points that Jerry made about the dubious nature of the "study" were interesting. Aside from inconsistency in measurement and method (reporting) it took no account for relative body volume etc. Anyways, a silly post but an interesting topic as far as how would one scientifically approach the problem of geographic distribution of any specific body part.

Ocean
03-23-2011, 07:12 PM
Sometimes it just brings itself up! (ok enough of that).

Yeah, I knew you would take it that way. ;)

I thought that the points that Jerry made about the dubious nature of the "study" were interesting. Aside from inconsistency in measurement and method (reporting) it took no account for relative body volume etc.

I don't think that body volume was necessarily relevant to the purpose of the study.

Anyways, a silly post but an interesting topic as far as how would one scientifically approach the problem of geographic distribution of any specific body part.

It's unlikely that the size of the ears by geographic area would have been considered so interesting or deserving of attention. But, you never know.

uncle ebeneezer
03-23-2011, 07:46 PM
Well, some organs just get more interest for obvious reasons.

I only mentioned volume because it seems to me that studying the variation in size of any body part is only interesting relative to overall body size.

Ocean
03-23-2011, 08:01 PM
Well, some organs just get more interest for obvious reasons.

I only mentioned volume because it seems to me that studying the variation in size of any body part is only interesting relative to overall body size.

I have at least half a dozen jokes emerging from my memory files, which I will never, never tell in a public forum. But they are preventing me from continuing this conversation in a serious tone.

I do agree with you that there are obvious reasons, but there's a lot of myth about it too.