PDA

View Full Version : from Edelstein & Gibney

I'm SO awesome!
02-26-2011, 02:32 AM
as a movie snob i feel most of the movies this year were cliche garbage. that fact that these two can even stand watching this stuff is frightening to me. Natalie Portman? why don't we just invite roger ebert on. Here are some movies that are actually good that have come out in the past years: Assassination of Jesse James, Bright Star, Rachel getting Married, There Will Be blood, City of God, a couple Kate Winslet movies, etc. Documentaries would include Fog of War, Lion in the House and way too many others to list.
the fact that people are entertained, in any way, by The Fighter, Black Swan, etc. is totally pathetic. I could be a better movie reviewer than most paid movie reviewers but I'd get fired for refusing to watch all of this garbage that producers coerce their peers to vote for. Money rules the industry so 99% of the time you get a homogenized piece of "entertainment" with all of the "right" actors starring that will bring in money. If i'm unfortunate enough to see the "best picture" it's almost inevitably one in which you're too aware you're watching a movie the entire time and, if you think about it, is not actually realistic at all and will contain all the typical movie script cliches.
The documentary section of an awards show is pretty much totally obsolete as I can watch better quality stuff on completely random youtube channels, news stations, hulu, cable channels, etc. I saw a Dateline about rural Ohio that was easily 10 times better than any "major" docs out now. most people probably see 30 or 40 hour long investigative video pieces a year that are better than those nominated without even realizing how good they are. God, even the vbs Liberia piece was better and they barely have a script.
pardon me, but this is like listening to two people decide if they like Metallica or Green Day better.
even the "authentic" people in hollywood are now sellouts making trash like The Social Network because most people have poor judgment or are pressured to dilute their work per the investors. It's exactly what is happening in music with each generation getting progressively less talented. You had people being influenced by Bob dylan and writing slightly worse but pretty good music. Now you have a generation of people who are so insanely stupid they actually think Eminem qualifies as talent.
You could title this: "which vacuous, homogenized, cliche block of completely unrealistic acting was the least bad?"

badhatharry
02-26-2011, 09:06 AM
Money rules the industry so 99% of the time you get a homogenized piece of "entertainment" with all of the "right" actors starring that will bring in money.

So that's how it works? astounding!

I'm SO awesome!
02-26-2011, 11:45 AM
k, thanks retard

Don Zeko
02-26-2011, 11:50 AM
k, thanks retard

Isn't this enough of a pattern of behavior to justify banning? I mean, does this guy ever contribute anything but personal invective and unpleasantness to any debate on this forum?

I'm SO awesome!
02-26-2011, 11:50 AM
So that's how it works? astounding!

low IQ monkeys can type?

I'm SO awesome!
02-26-2011, 11:51 AM
i changed it to something better since you pointed that out. and no, you can't ban someone for having an opinion you don't like. for example, i'd like to ban you for being really, really boring - basically a worthless commenter. but i can't

Don Zeko
02-26-2011, 12:36 PM
i changed it to something better since you pointed that out. and no, you can't ban someone for having an opinion you don't like. for example, i'd like to ban you for being really, really boring - basically a worthless commenter. but i can't

No social skills, nothing to add but juvenile insults, and no reading comprehension. It's the whole package!

I'm SO awesome!
02-26-2011, 01:03 PM
i can't believe you don't realize how boring and worthless you are. i looked at your stuff and you seem patently afraid to say anything controversial or substantive or insightful in any way. what a coward. why are you even talking to me anyway? you know i hate SWPLs

chiwhisoxx
02-26-2011, 01:42 PM

sure they can. you don't run these forums, nor do you make the rules. regardless, that isn't the reason you'd potentially be banned. being a douche to everyone would probably be the bigger issue.

handle
02-26-2011, 03:25 PM
low IQ monkeys can type?
Apparently, but they are real lazy when it comes to using the shift keys.
You really oughta read the site FAQ, specifically the board FAQ.

I'm SO awesome!
02-26-2011, 05:19 PM
ok, right wing moron who's been here way less time than me

I'm SO awesome!
02-26-2011, 05:21 PM
yes, one of the mot enormous douches on here is telling me this? wow. right wingers are even dumber than i thought.

handle
02-26-2011, 05:24 PM
ok, right wing moron who's been here way less time than me
OMG! I didn't know it was you Mr. Sheen! I'm soo sorry for distracting you from healing yourself with your mind.

I'm SO awesome!
02-26-2011, 05:27 PM
yes, being right wing, like you are, tends to make a person much less perceptive. not surprised

handle
02-26-2011, 05:35 PM
yes, being right wing, like you are, tends to make a person much less perceptive. not surprised

So does smoking crack, ya might want to check the join dates in the upper right corner, and review some of my posts. I don't want inspire any of more of your embarrassing self destruction. I didn't know it was this serious. See you in the SPFW section.
Drugs are bad, umkay?

I'm SO awesome!
02-26-2011, 06:29 PM
yeah, this isn't exactly my first account. why are you speaking to me? i generally don't talk to right wing, low IQ retards

handle
02-26-2011, 06:51 PM
yeah, this isn't exactly my first account. why are you speaking to me? i generally don't talk to right wing, low IQ retards

I'm not, I'm one of the voices in your head, like your friend, Mr. Pipey. He says c'mon! take another hit! Your mom has some money in her purse! She don't understand you anyway! You are SO awesome! No one but me gets it! I'm your only true friend! Nerds are bad! SWPL's are bad! Capitalization is for retards!

I'm SO awesome!
02-26-2011, 07:04 PM
i think i mistook you for a right winger when you're actually an SWPL. that explains why you're "offended" and can't help interjecting when i wasn't talking to you. what are you even doing? do you know who i am? it's not going bother me one way or the other.
http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/05/28/101-being-offended/

handle
02-26-2011, 07:13 PM
i think i mistook you for a right winger when you're actually an SWPL. that explains why you're "offended" and can't help interjecting when i wasn't talking to you. what are you even doing? do you know who i am? it's not going bother me one way or the other.
http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/05/28/101-being-offended/

I told you, I'm a voice in your head. I'm you in about 30 years when your latent self awareness gene kicks in.
This is the kind of stuff you will start learning when you turn 13, right about the time you discover the shift key, and that funny feeling you get when you see boobies. Some things to look forward to. Don't worry, It gets better, and the zits eventually clear up. But no one, and I mean no one, will ever want to hear your considered opinion comparing Bob Dylan to Eminem. But it'll be okay, they wont call you "retard" they will just be thinking it.

I'm SO awesome!
02-26-2011, 07:51 PM
for the record i never did that. and you'd be lucky to be judgmental enough to have an interesting opinion anyway. i went through all your comments and you're frighteningly, patently boring. hey, you should take your joke thing your doing on the road. it's really funny. i can tell you have a keen sense of humor. once again....why are you offended? why are you talking to me? sorry i offended your SWPL sensory system

handle
02-26-2011, 08:54 PM
for the record i never did that. and you'd be lucky to be judgmental enough to have an interesting opinion anyway. i went through all your comments and you're frighteningly, patently boring. hey, you should take your joke thing your doing on the road. it's really funny. i can tell you have a keen sense of humor. once again....why are you offended? why are you talking to me? sorry i offended your SWPL sensory system

You had people being influenced by Bob dylan and writing slightly worse but pretty good music. Now you have a generation of people who are so insanely stupid they actually think Eminem qualifies as talent.

Am I boring or funny? Hard to be both.
Who says I'm offended? Since I'm you in 30 years, I am embarrassed. Sorry I didn't think it worth the effort to cut and paste your pubescent opinion and qualify my statement, but you are basically saying Zimmerman had talent, and Mathers did not.
Listen to the voice in your head, and try to understand that thinking you are smart, being smart, and being smart enough to know which thing you are, and what actual good it will do you can make your life a lot better.
And stop listening to Mr. Pipey.

My mad drug/alcohol addict-speak translation skills can interpret your ramblings for the casual reader:
Boring= Mr. Pipey says its time to get wasted!
Retard= Anyone who knows you better than you do, or reacts to your calls for attention.
Interesting opinion= Agrees with everything I say.

I'm SO awesome!
02-26-2011, 09:05 PM
yes, thanks for enlightening me with your gay SWPL stuff. good thing you interjected, for no reason, to talk about absolutely NOTHING since you're not offended about anything. thanks! i learned a lot about SWPL theory. A+; would argue again!! good jokes too - almost like the daily show only boring and not funny or offensive in any way. can you please off yourself now and stop bothering me? you've now had about 10 posts that boil down to you not liking my opinion and NONE with substance. typical butt hurt liberal

bjkeefe
02-26-2011, 09:08 PM
yes, thanks for enlightening me with your gay SWPL stuff.

Hmmm. Cryptoracist (http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Avdare.com+SWPL) and homophobic.

Charming.

I'm SO awesome!
02-26-2011, 09:09 PM
yeah! SWPL 4 life blow job queef!

bjkeefe
02-26-2011, 09:30 PM
yeah! SWPL 4 life blow job queef!

Noted for the record.

I'm SO awesome!
02-26-2011, 09:44 PM
noted for butt hurt. also, you say that like you can't just make a new profile:) funny

AemJeff
02-26-2011, 10:13 PM
Hmmm. Cryptoracist (http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Avdare.com+SWPL) and homophobic.

Charming.

This dummy has been lisping half-wit cryptoracist drool (and telling us all about his high IQ) around here for a long time.

e.g. (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showthread.php?p=72758#post72758)

But it's ok apparently, because he's a senior spewer of stupidity around these parts. You really do have to wonder, though, why such a superior specimen feels a need to steal brain-dead insults from banned second-raters.

Don Zeko
02-26-2011, 10:24 PM
Quite so. What I find remarkable about him is that he doesn't feel the need to dress up his noxiousness in brain-dead talking points; he just skips straight to the insults. Not only does it make it even more obvious that he has serious emotional problems, it makes me even more puzzled about the persistent lack of a ban, since there's not even the semblance of substance there to justify his jackassery.

I'm SO awesome!
02-26-2011, 10:38 PM
careful, GArth. aspergers tends to flare up with anger.

I'm SO awesome!
02-26-2011, 10:47 PM
hilarious that someone with such insanely worthless comments would be making such judgments. and, uh, have you read your own blog? it's really not very good. you should stop. and you keep saying "ban" as if i care about this particular account. there's others

also, what else would i have to do but insult you all when no fewer than FIVE of you gang up on me, don't mention a SINGLE line of what i said start talking junk? the burden is on the accuser

handle
02-26-2011, 11:31 PM
hilarious that someone with such insanely worthless comments would be making such judgments. and, uh, have you read your own blog? it's really not very good. you should stop. and you keep saying "ban" as if i care about this particular account. there's others

also, what else would i have to do but insult you all when no fewer than FIVE of you gang up on me, don't mention a SINGLE line of what i said start talking junk? the burden is on the accuser
Great, now you guys went and upset him. Now we are going to be double super extra boring retards, with negative IQs.

I'm SO awesome!
02-27-2011, 12:00 AM
i believe that makes 16 posts by 6 different people and not a single reference to my OP. nice work, guys! you really learned me. way to sick to your "code of ethics."

handle
02-27-2011, 12:20 AM
i believe that makes 16 posts by 6 different people and not a single reference to my OP. nice work, guys! you really learned me. way to sick to your "code of ethics."

Wrong on both counts genius, click on this link (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showthread.php?p=199216#post199216), and it's not our code of ethics it's the website's.

I'm SO awesome!
02-27-2011, 12:25 AM
17! still not a mention of what the issue is - new world record

handle
02-27-2011, 01:32 AM

Wrong again genius, you are the issue, but this will all be in the dungeon tomorrow so it's about as important as your opinion. I've enjoyed trying to get you to prove you're smart, though. I just wish it could have gone a little better for you. See you in the SPFW section! Nighty night!

chiwhisoxx
02-27-2011, 01:34 AM

Your original post sucked. We're all glad you only appreciate hipster movies like there will be blood and rachel getting married. Those are good movies to be sure; but this was actually a pretty good year for movies. The rest of the post is sort of a rambling, incoherent mess complaining about what you seem to think is Hollywood being disingenuous. That you seem to think this is a relatively new phenomenon seems to reveal either blithe ignorance or naivete. Movies like The Fight aren't perfect, but they're more than solid. Simply because a movie adheres to some cliches within the genre doesn't make it worthless; Christian Bale turned in an absolutely momentous performance in that film. You also dissed the Social Network, although without any actual substantive points about the movie. As a noted Aaron Sorkin fanboy, I'd like to really hear how you think that movie was trash. If you're really going to complain about star power ruling the movies, then shut up about the Social Network, since Jesse Eisenberg isn't exactly Tom Cruise.

Maybe if your original post was more than "everything sucks, hollywood blows, I can find better stuff all over the place, blah blah blah" and made an actual coherent argument about specific points, people would be more inclined to respond to it? Or maybe people just realized you'd throw mean spirited ad hominem attacks at them even if they took the time to respond seriously. I eagerly await your insults to my IQ and brain function.

Don Zeko
02-27-2011, 01:57 AM
Maybe if your original post was more than "everything sucks, hollywood blows, I can find better stuff all over the place, blah blah blah" and made an actual coherent argument about specific points, people would be more inclined to respond to it? Or maybe people just realized you'd throw mean spirited ad hominem attacks at them even if they took the time to respond seriously. I eagerly await your insults to my IQ and brain function.

In I'msoawesome's (very) limited defense, it's not like he's the only person on the internet that can't tell the difference between an opinion and an argument. But yes, if this guy were worth responding to seriously this would be a good post. Since he isn't worth such a response, it suffers in comparison to most of the other responses, which all had the virtue of taking less time to write that could have been spent doing something else.

handle
02-27-2011, 03:33 PM
In I'msoawesome's (very) limited defense, it's not like he's the only person on the internet that can't tell the difference between an opinion and an argument. But yes, if this guy were worth responding to seriously this would be a good post. Since he isn't worth such a response, it suffers in comparison to most of the other responses, which all had the virtue of taking less time to write that could have been spent doing something else.
I think yours and Chi's posts are a fitting epitaph for our friend. Perhaps he will use some of his over-the-top brain power to read them and figure out what went wrong. He promised to create a new account so it will be interesting to see if anything changes. Suggestions for the new handle:
I'mnotasawesomeasIthoughtiIwas
Youmightbemoreawesomethanme
Awesomnessisoverated
I'manawesomeasshole
URalowIQretard

That last one would save him a lot of keystrokes.