PDA

View Full Version : from McWhorter & Loury

bjkeefe
02-22-2011, 06:14 AM
If someone fabricates quotes (eg the false quotes ascribed to Rush Limbaugh when he was pursuing purchasing the Rams), ...

I can think of one (1) quote that got some play back at that time that turned out to be false. I can also think of many lists I saw that gathered up well-documented things Limbaugh said that were racist, race-baiting, and otherwise highly offensive.

... Merely pointing out that Piven endorses political violence, which she does, ...

No one believes that, except for people whose "information" ultimately traces to clowns like Glenn Beck and the WSJ opinion page staffers.

Your lies are getting more pathetic by the day, oppie. I'm not sure who you think you're influencing on this site.

operative
02-22-2011, 10:18 AM
I can think of one (1) quote that got some play back at that time that turned out to be false. I can also think of many lists I saw that gathered up well-documented things Limbaugh said that were racist, race-baiting, and otherwise highly offensive.

There were several bogus quotes, actually, and glad to hear that you think it's ok to spread bogus quotes about someone, if you don't like the person. Why don't you try condemning the spreading of false quotes, instead?

No one believes that, except for people whose "information" ultimately traces to clowns like Glenn Beck and the WSJ opinion page staffers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELvINNajtCQ&feature=player_embedded
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/257733/frances-fox-piven-s-violent-agenda-stanley-kurtz

Try learning something, BJ. Facts don't have to be your enemy.

badhatharry
02-22-2011, 10:24 AM
glad to hear that you think it's ok to spread bogus quotes about someone, if you don't like the person.

all's fair in love and war. and this, in case you haven't noticed, is war.

bjkeefe
02-22-2011, 11:31 AM
There were several bogus quotes, actually, ...

I don't doubt you can find more than one if you burrow far enough. But there was just one that a kerfuffle was made over, and people like you tried to drum that up into a suggestion that we should all therefore believe that Rush Limbaugh never said anything racist, race-baiting, or otherwise highly offensive.

Which is idiotic, of course. There's a decades-long record of his disgusting utterances -- transcripts, audio, and video. He's lost at least one cushy job because of it. So, seriously, find something less stupid to play your revisionist wingnut games on. Maybe you would like to explain how one snowstorm in the middle of winter disproves global warming, for example.

I mean, unless getting pats on the back from the likes of badhatharry is your new mission.

... and glad to hear that you think it's ok to spread bogus quotes about someone, if you don't like the person.

I don't. I never said I did. I said quite the opposite. That you're trying to pass off this new this lie of yours shows what a pathetic operative you have become.

brucds
02-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Making noise about racist quotes attributed to Rush Limbaugh that are bogus, is like worrying over anti-semitic quotes mis-attributed to Martin Luther. The shoe fits - "unfairness" at the margins of the Drugster's long, well-documented record of racist ranting is nitpicking at best. More phony bullshit from our "conservative" contingent. No shame...

"Why don't you try condemning the spreading of false quotes, instead?" Nobody has stuck by spreading false quotes when facts were revealed, but the real "tell" here is that you don't condemn Limbaugh's very real and disgusting record of racist rants?

FACT: The bogus bits were totally credible in context of the well-documented record. That's a stain on Limbaugh, far more than Maddow...

operative
02-22-2011, 01:32 PM
I don't doubt you can find more than one if you burrow far enough. But there was just one that a kerfuffle was made over, and people like you tried to drum that up into a suggestion that we should all therefore believe that Rush Limbaugh never said anything racist, race-baiting, or otherwise highly offensive.

Strawman.

I don't. I never said I did. I said quite the opposite. That you're trying to pass off this new this lie of yours shows what a pathetic operative you have become.

You have yet to condemn it. All you've done is acknowledge that yes, false quotes were used to sabotage Limbaugh's attempt at buying the Rams before springboarding into an attack on him.

And then there's the whole matter of Piven's repeated embrace of violence as a legitimate tool of her side. Which you have conveniently forgotten to include.

bjkeefe
02-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Making noise about racist quotes attributed to Rush Limbaugh that are bogus, is like worrying over anti-semitic quotes mis-attributed to Martin Luther. The shoe fits - "unfairness" at the margins of the Drugster's long, well-documented record of racist ranting is nitpicking at best. More phony bullshit from our "conservative" contingent. No shame...

"Why don't you try condemning the spreading of false quotes, instead?" Nobody has stuck by spreading false quotes when facts were revealed, but the real "tell" here is that you don't condemn Limbaugh's very real and disgusting record of racist rants?

FACT: The bogus bits were totally credible in context of the well-documented record. That's a stain on Limbaugh, far more than Maddow...

Aaaaaaand ... right on cue, there he goes again (http://wonkette.com/438884/svelte-dreamboat-rush-limbaugh-criticizes-michelle-obama-for-being-fat).

Get your race cards out! It's a good opportunity to play dog-whistle bingo!

Also, fairly offensive on sexist terms as well.

operative
02-22-2011, 01:38 PM

Ah, once again, a lefty excusing spreading false quotes about someone.

So, let's put your philosophy into practice: Brucds said this: "It's ok to hit conservatives with baseball bats."

Why, he said that it was ok to lie about them, so it's totally believable that he would've said that it's ok to hit them with baseball bats, too.

If you want to talk about the actual, sourced comments Limbaugh has made, go ahead. The issue is the falsification of quotes. The falsified quotes undeniably played a significant role in the PR campaign against Limbaugh. You don't seem to mind this. Meanwhile, Piven's actual quotes were used against her, as were Van Jones', and that's supposed to somehow constitute a "witchhunt." Sorry, try again.

What pathetic reasoning. It's Rush Limbaugh's fault that liberals made up quotes to smear him and Rachel Maddow was too lazy or stupid to do the proper factchecking.

operative
02-22-2011, 01:40 PM
Aaaaaaand ... right on cue, there he goes again (http://wonkette.com/438884/svelte-dreamboat-rush-limbaugh-criticizes-michelle-obama-for-being-fat).

Right, calling Michelle Obama fat=racist. Totally.

This just shows that people like you and brucds aren't interested in having a mature conversation, as Obama would say, about race. All you're interested in is using it to attack your political adversaries. Meanwhile, you continue to support policies that have resulted in generational poverty in inner city neighborhoods.

BJkeefe, to reference Kanye West, doesn't care about black people.

bjkeefe
02-22-2011, 01:45 PM
Strawman.

Better get your programming checked. You don't even know the mean of your own prerecorded responses.

Or maybe you're just talking to yourself? See second part of your response quoted here (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showthread.php?p=198662#post198662). That would explain it, I guess.

You have yet to condemn it.

I'm not going to, so save your fauxtrage for someone who cares about your foot-stamping and sniveling. I don't know that the quote that caused Greater Wingnuttia to spill their Cheetos was made up on purpose. As far as I ever heard, people were relying on something that seemed like a credible source -- a book, I believe -- and given Limbaugh's extensive history of saying racist, race-baiting, and other offensive things, it seemed entirely plausible.

In any case, it's not as though one thing he didn't say changed everything else he did say. No one who mattered -- owners or players -- wanted him in the NFL, because everyone knew exactly what a pig he is. This was a rare moment when an amoral slob wasn't able to buy his way into something, and anyone with even a shred of decency applauded when he got told to get lost. That you continue to defend him, and worse, continue to lie on his behalf makes you beneath contempt and as sorry a specimen of a human being as has ever been on this board.

And then there's the whole matter of Piven's repeated embrace of violence as a legitimate tool of her side. Which you have conveniently forgotten to include.

Already addressed. Second section here (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showthread.php?p=198646#post198646).

Your game is really weak these days, sad little operative.

operative
02-22-2011, 01:54 PM
Better get your programming checked. You don't even know the mean of your own prerecorded responses.

You're attempting to say that I am saying that Rush Limbaugh has never made a racially insensitive remark. That is false. It is something I've never said. So yes, you are creating a strawman. You have proven time and time again that you are simply not interested in an honest debate.

In any case, it's not as though one thing he didn't say changed everything else he did say.

Sorry, but the false quotes (which you clearly have no problem with) were the driving force, because they were by far more outrageous than anything he's actually ever said. Praising James Earl Ray, and defending the merits of slavery, are far more extreme than anything he's ever really said.

That you continue to defend him, and worse, continue to lie on his behalf makes you beneath contempt and as sorry a specimen of a human being as has ever been on this board.

Sorry but your side is the one that lied. And you simply don't care.

Now, please respond to the sourced material in which Piven legitimizes the use of violence to further her political agenda.

bjkeefe
02-22-2011, 01:54 PM
This just shows that people like you and brucds aren't interested in having a mature conversation ...

Sure we are. That's why when you come along and try to ruin them with your wingnut revisionist history and your willingness to lie to defend a racist gasbag like Rush Limbaugh, we treat you like the contemptible little snot that you are. So that we can get back to talking to people who are mature, who know how to have conversations.

You should observe for a while. Maybe you'll get the hang of it one of these years.

Or, you know, just keep typing away furiously. It's pretty entertaining, I do have to say.

bjkeefe
02-22-2011, 01:56 PM
You're attempting to say ...

I am not interested in you telling me what I said.

Go change your underwear or something.

operative
Sure we are. That's why when you come along and try to ruin them with your wingnut revisionist history and your willingness to lie to defend a racist gasbag like Rush Limbaugh,

Your side is the one that lied, you ignorant imbecile.

operative
I am not interested in you telling me what I said.

Go change your underwear or something.

And you again show that you have no dignity in defeat.

bjkeefe
02-22-2011, 01:57 PM
Your side is the one that lied, you ignorant imbecile.

Are you just trying to bait me tonight?

bjkeefe
02-22-2011, 01:58 PM
And you again show that you have no dignity in defeat.

operative
02-22-2011, 01:58 PM

Shorter BJkeefe:

It's ok to lie about people I don't like

It's ok to legitimize violence so long as it's people on the left doing the legitimizing

You are utterly pathetic, BJ.

bjkeefe
02-22-2011, 01:59 PM

operative
02-22-2011, 01:59 PM

Go back to pretending that Piven doesn't have a history of legitimizing violence.

bjkeefe
02-22-2011, 02:01 PM
Go back to pretending that Piven doesn't have a history of legitimizing violence.

Your lies are getting more pathetic by the day, oppie. I'm not sure who you think you're influencing on this site.

operative
02-22-2011, 02:01 PM

If you think that I am angered, think again. I'm just informing you of what a pathetic little child you are. You'd do well for some serious mental help, probably in the form of medication and stay in an asylum.

operative
02-22-2011, 02:02 PM

Shorter BJ:

IF I JUST IGNORE THE PROOF IT DOESNT EXIST!!!!

bjkeefe
02-22-2011, 02:05 PM
If you think that I am angered, think again. I'm just informing you of what a pathetic little child you are. You'd do well for some serious mental help, probably in the form of medication and stay in an asylum.

bjkeefe
02-22-2011, 02:06 PM
Shorter BJ:

operative
02-22-2011, 02:10 PM
How convincing!

That's about the most coherent that BJ gets.

bjkeefe
02-22-2011, 02:34 PM
[...]

I can understand why later parts of this got sent to the dungeon, but I think my first response (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showthread.php?p=198646#post198646), to the above, was legitimate.

operative
02-22-2011, 02:39 PM
I can understand why later parts of this got sent to the dungeon, but I think my first response (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showthread.php?p=198646#post198646), to the above, was legitimate.

You're about the only one.

bjkeefe
02-22-2011, 02:46 PM

Apparently, he got the first part from Drudge (http://www.rumproast.com/index.php/site/comments/drudge_ill_pretend_this_is_about_hypocrisy_but_its _really_about_black_peopl/).