PDA

View Full Version : A note to my BHTV friends

rfrobison
02-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Hi. Some of you may have noticed I have gone quiet in recent weeks. The reason is that my mother recently died of leukemia and I have been busy grieving, attending a memorial in the U.S. and helping my family with final arrangements, etc.

Such occasions are a reminder to me, to paraphrase President Obama, that there are some things that transcend politics. Now that I am back in Japan and my life is slowly returning to normal, I look forward to further enlightening and enjoyable discussions about the issues we all care about.

My family has set up a tribute page in my mother's name on the American Cancer Society's "Mosaic" subsite. As I do not wish to be accused of spamming--even for a worthy cause--I will not post the link here. Anyone wishing to make a donation in my mother's name, or to create your own tribute page, please feel free to contact me by private message.

Your friend,
Rob

graz
02-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Hi Rob. I'm sorry for your loss. Your absence was noticed and it's good to have you back.

TwinSwords
02-03-2011, 05:53 PM
Ugh. I'm so sorry, Rob. I had noticed your absence, and I'm glad to hear you will be back to posting now that things are settling back to normal.

AemJeff
02-03-2011, 06:08 PM
Hi. Some of you may have noticed I have gone quiet in recent weeks. The reason is that my mother recently died of leukemia and I have been busy grieving, attending a memorial in the U.S. and helping my family with final arrangements, etc.

Such occasions are a reminder to me, to paraphrase President Obama, that there are some things that transcend politics. Now that I am back in Japan and my life is slowly returning to normal, I look forward to further enlightening and enjoyable discussions about the issues we all care about.

My family has set up a tribute page in my mother's name on the American Cancer Society's "Mosaic" subsite. As I do not wish to be accused of spamming--even for a worthy cause--I will not post the link here. Anyone wishing to make a donation in my mother's name, or to create your own tribute page, please feel free to contact me by private message.

Your friend,
Rob

You've been missed Rob. I'm sorry to hear about your mom.

bjkeefe
02-03-2011, 06:20 PM
Same as above for me.

I do not think it would be spamming for you to post such a link. It would also allow those who might want to make anonymous donations to do so.

rfrobison
02-03-2011, 06:38 PM
All:

Thanks for the words of support and condolence. Brendan pointed out that there may be people who wish to donate anonymously to the American Cancer Society site. With that in mind, I have decided to go ahead and post the link to my mother's tribute page here (http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/Events/MosaicofHope?pxfid=860099&fr_id=9910&pg=fund).

There are, of course, countless ways we can give of ourselves, and I encourage all of you to find ways to do so. This is perhaps the best legacy we can leave to those we love.

uncle ebeneezer
02-03-2011, 06:59 PM
Hey Rob, so sorry to hear that. My deepest condolences. Hang in there. --Uncle Eb

Ocean
02-03-2011, 07:00 PM

Your friend,
Rob

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. I have been wondering about you recently. And we've missed your comments. Welcome back.

Don Zeko
02-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Sorry to hear that Rob. I hope you're holding up ok. It will certainly be good to have you back in the forum, though.

TwinSwords
02-03-2011, 07:24 PM
So, if you don't mind me asking, where in the US did your mother live?

operative
02-03-2011, 07:29 PM

Your friend,
Rob

My condolences. My grandfather died last month due to complications of MRSA, so I know how difficult it is to lose a close loved one.

rfrobison
02-03-2011, 08:53 PM
So, if you don't mind me asking, where in the US did your mother live?

Denver. Thanks for your kind reply, by the way.

Wonderment
02-03-2011, 08:54 PM
Hi Rob,

I'm sorry for your loss and appreciative of you for sharing an intimate part of your life with the BH community. It good to remember that beyond our personas as commenters we are real people who live, love and grieve.

TwinSwords
02-03-2011, 09:31 PM
Denver.

Is that where you grew up?

I always feel like I know people a little better just by knowing where they're from. It's probably a fallacy, but I can't seem to help it.

rfrobison
02-03-2011, 09:45 PM
Is that where you grew up?

I always feel like I know people a little better just by knowing where they're from. It's probably a fallacy, but I can't seem to help it.

Indeed. I'm a reddish-purple voter from a state of similar hue.

stephanie
02-04-2011, 11:04 AM
My condolences, Rob. You were definitely missed, and I'm sorry the reason for your absence was a sad one.

Starwatcher162536
02-05-2011, 05:31 PM
Sry about your mum. My best wishes to you and the rest of your family.

kezboard
02-05-2011, 08:50 PM
I've missed your comments. Thanks for the note, and I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. Upřímnou soustrast, as they say here in Great Moravia.