PDA

View Full Version : from Schmitt & Foster

bjkeefe
01-09-2011, 10:29 PM
First it was "Kos did it too!!!1!" Then it was "there's nothing wrong with it, but Palin didn't have anything to do with anything!!!1!"

Now?

1) "Politics is war" is, and has been for some time, a widely held metaphor in American society.

The frantic spinning by the acolytes of St. Sarah and the rest of the right-wing noise machine's purveyors of violent rhetoric would be hilarious, if it were not associated with such a sad situation.

operative
01-09-2011, 10:38 PM
First it was "Kos did it too!!!1!" Then it was "there's nothing wrong with it, but Palin didn't have anything to do with anything!!!1!"

Now?

The frantic spinning by the acolytes of St. Sarah and the rest of the right-wing noise machine's purveyors of violent rhetoric would be hilarious, if it were not associated with such a sad situation.

Back to smearing and misrepresenting me. Grow up, dear child.

bjkeefe
01-09-2011, 10:41 PM
Back to smearing and misrepresenting me. Grow up, dear child.

I'll take that particularly feeble response as the most honest acknowledgment of which you're capable that I've got you nailed on this one.

operative
01-09-2011, 10:45 PM
I'll take that particularly feeble response as the most honest acknowledgment of which you're capable that I've got you nailed on this one.

You're back alleging that I am a fan of Sarah Palin, which is simply not true. You seem incapable of actual engagement and consistently retreat to stereotypes and canned responses. So bugger off till you're able to do something better.

bjkeefe
01-09-2011, 10:52 PM
You're back alleging that I am a fan of Sarah Palin, which is simply not true. You seem incapable of actual engagement and consistently retreat to stereotypes and canned responses. So bugger off till you're able to do something better.

No. Read what I wrote again:

[...]

That's plural. That means it refers to more than just you.

And I didn't call you her fan. I called you one of her acolytes (vide (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/acolyte), senses 2 and 3). And I extended this relationship to the rest of the right-wing noise machine, on whose behalf you never fail to come waddling in to defend, no matter how much you have to piss on the truth to do it.

[Added] As to your whimpering about "actual engagement," what I said to you last time (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showpost.php?p=192455&postcount=11) I bothered to respond to you still stands. You haven't earned back any respect. Someone who operates like you is not anyone to be taken seriously or treated with respect. You made your own bed; now lie in it. Pun intended.

operative
01-09-2011, 10:55 PM
No. Read what I wrote again:

That's plural. That means it refers to more than just you.

And I didn't call you her fan. I called you one of her acolytes (vide (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/acolyte), senses 2 and 3). And I extended this relationship to the rest of the right-wing noise machine, on whose behalf you never fail to come waddling in to defend, no matter how much you have to piss on the truth to do it.

[Added] As to your whimpering about "actual engagement," what I said to you last time I bothered to respond to you still stands. You haven't earned back any respect. Someone who operates like you is not anyone to be taken seriously or treated with respect. You made your own bed; now lie in it. Pun intended.

Pathetic little troll boy. You embarrass both your side and the country. That you can't seem to get your feeble mind around the reality that the crime was committed by a (likely) paranoid schizophrenic utterly disconnected from the political discourse is an indictment of your intellectual capacity. Unless you actually grasp this and push forward with this dishonest scumbaggery, which would simply make you a useless jerk.

bjkeefe
01-09-2011, 10:59 PM
Pathetic little troll boy. You embarrass both your side and the country.

Did I say spinning furiously? It looks like it's gotten so bad he's contradicting himself in successive posts.

You seem incapable of actual engagement and consistently retreat to stereotypes and canned responses. So bugger off till you're able to do something better.

operative
01-09-2011, 11:01 PM
Did I say spinning furiously? It looks like it's gotten so bad he's contradicting himself in successive posts.

Sorry but even plenty of lefties (see: Howard Kurtz, Richard Roeper) recognize that people like you are just dishonest creeps.

bjkeefe
01-09-2011, 11:03 PM
Sorry but even plenty of lefties (see: Howard Kurtz, Richard Roeper) recognize that people like you are just dishonest creeps.

Playing the ol' EVENTHELIBERAL card is always pretty comical, but if those clowns are what you think represents "lefties," you're even more desperate than I thought.

But please, keep 'em coming. We can use the lulz.

operative
01-09-2011, 11:05 PM
Playing the ol' EVENTHELIBERAL card is always pretty comical, but if those clowns are what you think represents "lefties," you're either more desperate than I thought.

Please, keep 'em coming!

Right, they are not sufficiently infected with Bush/Cheney/Palin derangement syndrome. They don't pass the test until they start calling the opposition accessories to murder when a paranoid schizophrenic goes on a killing rampage because he thinks the government is practicing mind-control through grammar. That goes over well in the rabid Kos crowd but among civilized people, it's rather disgusting. Your deranged obsessions and vile rhetoric puts you a lot closer to the gunman, actually.

bjkeefe
01-09-2011, 11:09 PM
Your deranged obsessions and vile rhetoric puts you a lot closer to the gunman, actually.

The unintentional self-referentiality is to die for.

Please, keep 'em coming!

operative
01-09-2011, 11:13 PM
The unintentional self-referentiality is to die for.

Please, keep 'em coming!

Sorry but I'm not the one who goes around calling the opposition accessories to murder. You haven't dealt seriously with any points, and I'm not going to waste time with you, in part because you're both useless and hopeless, and in part because this is getting dungeon'd anyway.

graz
01-09-2011, 11:18 PM
Right, they are not sufficiently infected with Bush/Cheney/Palin derangement syndrome. They don't pass the test until they start calling the opposition accessories to murder when a paranoid schizophrenic goes on a killing rampage because he thinks the government is practicing mind-control through grammar.
Here's a reasonable left perspective for you. Take a deep breath and consider:

What do we know about assassination as a political tool?

It works. Not always, but enough.

It can be effective even if the assassin is truly a lone gunman, truly crazy, utterly denuded of membership cards or explicit links to more formal political groups. (http://www.balloon-juice.com/2011/01/09/weimar-politics-in-az/)

operative
01-09-2011, 11:22 PM
Here's a reasonable left perspective for you. Take a deep breath and consider:

What do we know about assassination as a political tool?

It works. Not always, but enough.

It can be effective even if the assassin is truly a lone gunman, truly crazy, utterly denuded of membership cards or explicit links to more formal political groups. (http://www.balloon-juice.com/2011/01/09/weimar-politics-in-az/)

Conspiracy theory time. Maybe the GOP used grammar to mind control him too!

bjkeefe
01-09-2011, 11:24 PM
Sorry but I'm not the one who goes around calling the opposition accessories to murder.

Have I? No. So try to find something better than strawman arguments and guilt by association. Especially since you're whining so hard about guilt by association.

You haven't dealt seriously with any points, ...

You haven't made any. And read what I said before (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showpost.php?p=193925&highlight=whimpering+about+actual+engagement&postcount=23) (last paragraph). And think about it for a while. Instead of just seeing how fast and furious you can be at typing comebacks.

... and I'm not going to waste time with you, ....

I'll believe that when I see it.

operative
01-09-2011, 11:25 PM
Have I? No. So try to find something better than strawman arguments and guilt by association. Especially since you're whining so hard about guilt by association.

Just go back to every post that blames conservatives (particularly, but hardly limited to, Sarah Palin) for the shooting. In other words, most of your last 50 or so posts.

graz
01-09-2011, 11:26 PM
Conspiracy theory time. Maybe the GOP used grammar to mind control him too!

Read and consider. Take responsibility for your enabling. Denial is not in out Country's best interest.

operative
01-09-2011, 11:27 PM
Read and consider. Take responsibility for your enabling. Denial is not in out Country's best interest.

Conspiracy theory time!

They're coming to take you away ha ha hee hee ho ho.

bjkeefe
01-09-2011, 11:27 PM
Just go back to every post that blames conservatives (particularly, but hardly limited to, Sarah Palin) for the shooting. In other words, most of your last 50 or so posts.

Weak. Very weak.

Link and quote. It should be easy, even for you, if I've actually said this so much.

I noticed you have already subtly moved the goalposts, in your usual operative fashion. Can't wait to see how you distort things from here.

graz
01-09-2011, 11:31 PM
Conspiracy theory time!

You have been typing too furiously to have read the link. How can you make a reasoned reply?

operative
01-09-2011, 11:33 PM
Weak. Very weak.

Link and quote. It should be easy, even for you, if I've actually said this so much.

I noticed you have already subtly moved the goalposts, in your usual operative fashion. Can't wait to see how you distort things from here.

I'm not wasting my time engaging you when you're in an out-and-out dishonest spin-mode. At least you're still one level ahead of conspiracy theorist graz, who must've forgotten to take his medication.

operative
01-09-2011, 11:34 PM
You have been typing too furiously to have read the link. How can you make a reasoned reply?

Sorry but I do not waste my time indulging in stupid conspiracy theories. Unlike you.

bjkeefe
01-09-2011, 11:49 PM
I'm not wasting my time engaging you when you're in an out-and-out dishonest spin-mode. At least you're still one level ahead of conspiracy theorist graz, who must've forgotten to take his medication.

Running the above through Truth Extractor 2011 produces the following output.

Despite my sweeping assertion earlier ...

... and some furious clicking and skimming since, I have been unable to find even one post of Brendan's that even I, the operative of all operatives, could distort into some semblance of evidence to back up my point. Therefore, I will insult someone else. I win again!!!1!