PDA

View Full Version : from Sharlet & Rittelmeyer

bjkeefe
12-15-2010, 12:52 AM
Apropos this distinction (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showthread.php?p=192419#post192419) -- wouldn't the art censors, of all people, deserve the "w" word?

I see your ongoing descent into wingnuttery has begun to include the inability to pick up on the ... what, sixth-grade-level of distinction made by the words I now am sad to see I have to bold for you?

[...] For conservatives of the type who ...

Keep working it, Ethan. I'm sure, eventually, you'll get paid to put something else up at the Weekly Standard. I'm confident Goldfarb or one of those others is now ready to take on a trainee.

nikkibong
12-15-2010, 12:54 AM
i think you misread my post. my point was that the art hysterics are wingnuts.

and frankly, i'm astonished at your behavior towards me.

bjkeefe
12-15-2010, 12:56 AM
i think you misread my post. and frankly, i'm astonished at your behavior towards me.

How you like your bridge now, Ethan? Starting to understand just a bit, are you?

People who use the word "frankly" are weasels more weaselly than weasels. Also, too.

nikkibong
12-15-2010, 12:59 AM
How you like your bridge now, Ethan? Starting to understand just a bit, are you?

People who use the word "frankly" are weasels more weaselly than weasels. Also, too.

i'm genuinely baffled.

bjkeefe
12-15-2010, 01:02 AM
i'm genuinely baffled.

Revisit the recent posts in your personal jihad (derangement) thread. Contemplate.

nikkibong
12-15-2010, 01:04 AM
i'm genuinely baffled.

one more thing. i'm pretty discouraged that the so-called community here is not standing up for me in the face of your entirely unjustified and unconscionable bullying.

peace.

bjkeefe
12-15-2010, 01:06 AM
one more thing. i'm pretty discouraged that the so-called community here is not standing up for me in the face of your entirely unjustified and unconscionable bullying.

Perhaps they can ... you know ... read?

peace.

Too late, Ethan. You own that bridge.

chiwhisoxx
12-15-2010, 01:09 AM

probably better than people who use the word "delight"

chiwhisoxx
12-15-2010, 01:10 AM

peace.

well I think it's bullshit, but me saying something isn't going to mean anything to BJ, so I didn't bother. Wish Jeff would say something like you asked him to earlier, but he's probably afraid of hurting feelings.

AemJeff
12-15-2010, 01:26 AM
well I think it's bullshit, but me saying something isn't going to mean anything to BJ, so I didn't bother. Wish Jeff would say something like you asked him to earlier, but he's probably afraid of hurting feelings.

Don't attribute to me anything you don't have a reason to. These guys have been fighting for days. nikkibong is smart and articulate and he's perfectly capable of standing up for himself.

operative
12-15-2010, 01:27 AM
Don't attribute to me anything you don't have a reason to. These guys have been fighting for days. nikkibong is smart and articulate and he's perfectly capable of standing up for himself.

Rats, I've totally been missing the ruckus.

rfrobison
12-15-2010, 10:07 AM
Rats, I've totally been missing the ruckus.

Oh, geez. I know I shouldn't stick my nose in. It'll get cut off, I imagine. But the entire "ruckus" reminds me of this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sayre%27s_Law) famous quote, which I wish had been Hank Kissinger's but apparently was not.

C'mon fellas, play nice.

badhatharry
12-15-2010, 10:28 AM
Oh, geez. I know I shouldn't stick my nose in. It'll get cut off, I imagine. But the entire "ruckus" reminds me of this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sayre%27s_Law) famous quote, which I wish had been Hank Kissinger's but apparently was not.

C'mon fellas, play nice.

"Academic politics is the most vicious and bitter form of politics, because the stakes are so low."

ha!

One could substitute internet for academic and it would describe this forum exactly.

rfrobison
12-15-2010, 10:37 AM
"Academic politics is the most vicious and bitter form of politics, because the stakes are so low."

ha!

One could substitute internet for academic and it would describe this forum exactly.

Indeed. And I can hardly claim to be innocent in these matters as my recent tiff with Ocean illustrates...but I think we're mates again.

Amirightoramirightoramiright?

Am i right?
Am i right?
Right!
Right!
Amiright?--

Ned Rierson, "Groundhog Day"

badhatharry
12-15-2010, 10:51 AM
Indeed. And I can hardly claim to be innocent in these matters as my recent tiff with Ocean illustrates...but I think we're mates again.

Amirightoramirightoramiright?

Am i right?
Am i right?
Right!
Right!
Amiright?--

Ned Rierson, "Groundhog Day"

But it must inform us somewhat about human nature.

rfrobison
12-15-2010, 11:05 AM
Oh, man!

I've just been sent to the principal's office. And I was trying to break up the fight!

nikkibong
12-15-2010, 11:59 AM

thanks for the compliment, but "fighting" is a preposterous way to characterize what's going on. this is simply Shock and Awe coming from brendan, while all i have done is ask him repeatedly what he is so pissed about. (he has no answers, just epithets.)

bullying is such an unbecoming characteristic - a shame to see our most prolix poster succumb to it again.

badhatharry
12-18-2010, 11:46 AM
bullying is such an unbecoming characteristic - a shame to see our most prolix poster succumb to it again.

When did he ever stop? The only way to deal with him is to ignore him.