PDA

View Full Version : omg

look
12-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Fluffy Foo Foo was banned. Thank god I was on the case.

Wonderment
12-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Suicide by cop (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_by_cop).

look
12-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Suicide by cop (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_by_cop).Well, that was a piss poor article for not citing Jesus or Gran Torino.

graz
12-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Fluffy Foo Foo was banned. Thank god I was on the case.

You were credited with the assist on the scorecard. Score!

Ocean
12-01-2010, 09:59 PM
You were credited with the assist on the scorecard. Score!

Look kicked the corner and Brenda headed the goal.

(?) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corner_kick)

graz
12-01-2010, 10:08 PM
(?) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corner_kick)

We need more futbol references round here. World Cup threads are too few and far between. Are you going to http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/84/Brazil2014.png

Ocean
12-01-2010, 10:11 PM
We need more futbol references round here. World Cup threads are too few and far between. Are you going to http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/84/Brazil2014.png

I've never been to one. But any excuse is good to go to Brazil.

stephanie
12-02-2010, 10:43 AM
You really think they didn't know he was Lyle? I assumed they did, but were okay with it until he reasserted his aggressive/defiant stance toward Brenda and the rules.

TwinSwords
12-02-2010, 12:31 PM
You really think they didn't know he was Lyle? I assumed they did, but were okay with it until he reasserted his aggressive/defiant stance toward Brenda and the rules.
Yeah, I'm curious why they acted when they did. Maybe they just weren't certain it was him until he admitted it yesterday. Or maybe it was because he only started spouting his racist hate speech yesterday. As soon as I realized he was back I assumed it was only a matter of time before he started bashing his favorite two groups to hate on: blacks and Muslims. When he couldn't resist calling the president a "monkey," I figured his minutes were numbered.

21st Century Republicans are so good at expressing their hate with plausible deniabilty about their racist motives that Lyle really shouldn't have needed to be explicitly racist. But he just can't help himself.

Oh well, there's always the Fox News forum. Or if that's too mild for Lyle, I'm sure they would love to have him in the Sean Hannity forum.

look
12-02-2010, 02:25 PM
You really think they didn't know he was Lyle? I assumed they did, but were okay with it until he reasserted his aggressive/defiant stance toward Brenda and the rules.I think they knew it was Lyle, Stephanie.

stephanie
12-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Maybe they just weren't certain it was him until he admitted it yesterday.

He's been pretty upfront about it for days now, so if they were paying attention they've known.

Of course, I don't know how much attention they pay, but I suspect they would have let it go if he'd remained on good behavior. He started trying to get into it with Brenda, again, though.

I don't actually think it's the contents of his posts. He hadn't yet been abusive to other posters (why I see the situation different than Whatfur), was engaging in discussions, and they certainly aren't jumping on posters and banning them just for offensive content. Just look at the new poster jeffmarwhatever.

stephanie
12-02-2010, 02:58 PM
I think they knew it was Lyle, Stephanie.

Okay. Since you were blaming/crediting yourself, I thought maybe you thought it was your calling him out as Lyle that did it.

nikkibong
12-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Just look at the new poster jeffmarwhatever.

pretty sure its jeff mar goebbles.

popcorn_karate
12-02-2010, 03:37 PM
haha

Wonderment
12-02-2010, 03:55 PM
My guess is that he started relitigating issues with Brenda that she viewed as settled and inappropriate for further discussion.

She probably let him back in on condition he stop rewriting forum history and accusing her of crimes she didn't commit. Lyle (my speculation) agreed to this and then violated the terms. Poor impulse control. Perhaps his next incarnation will be upgraded in maturity. Ha ha.

look
12-02-2010, 05:27 PM
My guess is that he started relitigating issues with Brenda that she viewed as settled and inappropriate for further discussion.

She probably let him back in on condition he stop rewriting forum history and accusing her of crimes she didn't commit. Lyle (my speculation) agreed to this and then violated the terms. Poor impulse control. Perhaps his next incarnation will be upgraded in maturity. Ha ha.Why would she do that?

Poor impulse control? lolol

look
12-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Okay. Since you were blaming/crediting yourself, I thought maybe you thought it was your calling him out as Lyle that did it.No, my point was to highlight Admin's uneven rule enforcement.

look
12-02-2010, 05:53 PM
He's been pretty upfront about it for days now, so if they were paying attention they've known.

Of course, I don't know how much attention they pay, but I suspect they would have let it go if he'd remained on good behavior. He started trying to get into it with Brenda, again, though.

I don't actually think it's the contents of his posts. He hadn't yet been abusive to other posters (why I see the situation different than Whatfur), was engaging in discussions, and they certainly aren't jumping on posters and banning them just for offensive content. Just look at the new poster jeffmarwhatever.This seems contradictory. Lmaki hadn't been abusive as far as I saw.

stephanie
12-02-2010, 06:46 PM
No, my point was to highlight Admin's uneven rule enforcement.

Oh, okay. I guess I don't think he was banned because of your complaints or any concern about inconsistency, but because Lyle started up again with Brenda.

So far as I can tell, Whatfur and Lyle weren't banned for the same reason, so it's not inconsistent to let Lyle back (so long as he behaves) and not Whatfur.

stephanie
12-02-2010, 06:50 PM
This seems contradictory. Lmaki hadn't been abusive as far as I saw.

We are just speculating here, but my impression was never that Lyle was banned for bad behavior to other posters, but a conflict about whether he was willing to follow forum policy/be respectful to blogginghead employees.

Whatfur seems to have been banned because of his behavior over a long period of time to other posters and abuse of email. He also seems to have created other personas to vent while being Lmaki.

look
12-02-2010, 07:31 PM
We are just speculating here, but my impression was never that Lyle was banned for bad behavior to other posters, but a conflict about whether he was willing to follow forum policy/be respectful to blogginghead employees.

Whatfur seems to have been banned because of his behavior over a long period of time to other posters and abuse of email. He also seems to have created other personas to vent while being Lmaki.Abuse of email. The aura created at the time suggested he was agressive or threatening or some such toward Ocean. I don't think that was fair without also making the email public.

Personas other than Lmaki? Are you at liberty to say which ones and how they came to your attention?

Finally, agressive, abusive language toward others has not been limited to use by Fur. But as my Grandmother used to say, 'it's not what you know, it's who you know.'

Anyway, cheers, and thanks for your thoughts.

stephanie
12-02-2010, 07:39 PM
I don't think that was fair without also making the email public.

Why does it concern the public?

In any case, we clearly disagree.

TwinSwords
12-02-2010, 07:47 PM
He's been pretty upfront about it for days now...

Oh, is that right? I was on vacation from the 18th through the 29th, so Tuesday was my first day back reading the forum regularly. I didn't realize that he had been open about it for days.

graz
12-02-2010, 09:01 PM
But as my Grandmother used to say, 'it's not what you know, it's who you know.' ... Personas other than Lmaki? Are you at liberty to say which ones and how they came to your attention?

Would it matter anyway? It's never enough with you ... cranks unite! (http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2010/11/30/video-do-birther-arguments-hold-water/?iref=allsearch)

chiwhisoxx
12-02-2010, 11:42 PM
Abuse of email. The aura created at the time suggested he was agressive or threatening or some such toward Ocean. I don't think that was fair without also making the email public.

Personas other than Lmaki? Are you at liberty to say which ones and how they came to your attention?

Finally, agressive, abusive language toward others has not been limited to use by Fur. But as my Grandmother used to say, 'it's not what you know, it's who you know.'

Anyway, cheers, and thanks for your thoughts.

I can make the PM he sent me public. Would you like to see it? I'll post it in the thread if you want.

look
12-03-2010, 01:46 AM
I can make the PM he sent me public. Would you like to see it? I'll post it in the thread if you want.Alright.

AemJeff
12-03-2010, 02:17 AM
I can make the PM he sent me public. Would you like to see it? I'll post it in the thread if you want.

Why make it public? There's certainly no "fairness" to be achieved here.

chiwhisoxx
12-03-2010, 02:26 AM
Alright.

The title of the PM was "Hey Dipshit":

You know what else is unpleasant, you bringing my name up in every other one of your posts. I witnessed a few back and forths with your name dominating also, and I backed YOU up in couple of them. Keep it up and I become YOUR troll asshole.

look
12-03-2010, 11:28 AM
The title of the PM was "Hey Dipshit":

You know what else is unpleasant, you bringing my name up in every other one of your posts. I witnessed a few back and forths with your name dominating also, and I backed YOU up in couple of them. Keep it up and I become YOUR troll asshole.Thanks, chi-guy. This message re-inforces my belief that the note to Ocean was not 'threatening.' Yes, our Fur has a temper, but the note itself was based on a perceived lack of loyalty...you know how conservatives have a stong loyalty pole.

Again, at the time of Ocean's PM from Fur, the talk surrounding it insinuated he had violently threatened her.

Wonderment even took it upon himself to refer to posters who are 'sociopaths' in his dv with Bob. I found that off-putting in the extreme. With the passage of time I will say, man is Wondie a cutie-pie, and my father's name is David.

chiwhisoxx
12-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Thanks, chi-guy. This message re-inforces my belief that the note to Ocean was not 'threatening.' Yes, our Fur has a temper, but the note itself was based on a perceived lack of loyalty...you know how conservatives have a stong loyalty pole.

Again, at the time of Ocean's PM from Fur, the talk surrounding it insinuated he had violently threatened her.

Wonderment even took it upon himself to refer to posters who are 'sociopaths' in his dv with Bob. I found that off-putting in the extreme. With the passage of time I will say, man is Wondie a cutie-pie, and my father's name is David.

It doesn't have to be violent to step way over the line.

look
12-03-2010, 11:43 AM
It doesn't have to be violent to step way over the line.Got it, but when some are allowed to continually step way over the line, over the years, on the open board, I have to wonder.

And please keep in mind that Fur was hounded off the board when he was trying to play it straight, and a member of the psychiatric profession helped.

graz
12-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Yes, our Fur has a temper, but the note itself was based on a perceived lack of loyalty...you know how conservatives have a stong loyalty pole.

He's nobody's 'fur except yours. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lqivrCIRGo)

Ocean
12-03-2010, 05:00 PM

Look, you need to get your facts straight. You're writing things that are really inaccurate. It's becoming embarrassing, mainly for you.

Please leave me out of this line of commentary. Thank you in advance.

badhatharry
12-03-2010, 06:58 PM
No, my point was to highlight Admin's uneven rule enforcement.

So these are the rules, although they are actually called guidelines.

#1 No name-calling aimed at fellow commenters or diavloggers.

#2 No gratuitously rude comments about diavloggers’ physical appearance or speaking style.

#3 No fabricated quotes—use the vBulletin quote function only for real quotations.

It seems to me that practically everyone violates guideline#1 so everyone should be banned.

I agree that the enforcement of these guidelines is very, very sketchy. The whole damned project should be abandoned if the guidelines are not enforced with fairness.

Bring back Fur and Lyle!!!

graz
12-03-2010, 07:16 PM
Bring back Fur and Lyle!!!

kidneystones too!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYl9nNIoz8o)

Ocean
12-03-2010, 07:31 PM
kidneystones too!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYl9nNIoz8o)

LOL!

I miss those old Al Pacino's days! Magnificent acting.

graz
12-03-2010, 07:33 PM
I protest I'm SO awesome not getting a separate post for his second infraction in the dungeon. Hugz.

you seriously going to post to complain about this? When this policy was implemented, they specifically told you not to complain about how they did it, because they aren't interested in these kind of complaints. stop the pettiness.

They did? I missed that. Brenda, I apologize, and withdraw the complaint.

???

look
12-03-2010, 07:34 PM
So these are the rules, although they are actually called guidelines.

#1 No name-calling aimed at fellow commenters or diavloggers.

#2 No gratuitously rude comments about diavloggers’ physical appearance or speaking style.

#3 No fabricated quotes—use the vBulletin quote function only for real quotations.

It seems to me that practically everyone violates guideline#1 so everyone should be banned.

I agree that the enforcement of these guidelines is very, very sketchy. The whole damned project should be abandoned if the guidelines are not enforced with fairness.

Bring back Fur and Lyle!!!And kidneystones!!!

Thanks, harry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE9KT_dU_R8

graz
12-03-2010, 08:11 PM
LOL!

I miss those old Al Pacino's days! Magnificent acting.

Yes. He really Iberico's it up ... in a good way! Unlike some of the melodrama present in this thread.

Ocean
12-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Yes. He really Iberico's it up ... in a good way! Unlike some of the melodrama present in this thread.

Iberico? Now that's a new use for the word! Did you make it up or is it some Californian slang? I like it though. It has a Flamencanized feel to it.

In terms of the rest of the melodrama, no comments.