PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Nixonian Strategy

johnmarzan
10-30-2010, 01:19 AM
He goes to UNIVISION and tells hispanics to "punish their enemies".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aSTzgxtn_s

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/special-report/transcript/races-watch?page=2

Krauthammer: I think this is how the great post partisan, post racial promise of Obama ends, not with a bang or a whimper but with a display of unbelievable presidential smallness.

He isn't only urging Hispanics to punish enemies; he is criticizing Hispanics who don't. And this is the man who told us this is what propelled him into the spotlight of the country -- we are not a blue America, not a red America, not a black America, not a Hispanic America.

And now he tells us on the eve of election we actually are a Hispanic America and Anglo America. We are not only separate but in a sense we are enemies. I don't think he uses the word enemy in describing the president of Iran or Hugo Chavez but uses that to describe Anglos who believe in the Arizona law? Good grief.

This really is something that -- people who believed in him in '08 I think believed a lot against all evidence. This really is a man who sat at the pew of Jeremiah Wright for 20 years, some of us suspected not exactly a man who would hovered above it all and would bring us all together the way he promised.

And I think this display, even though itís pre-election, you can write it off as an extreme, I think this really is the authentic Obama and I think itís really disappointing.

And funny that John McWhorter, the guy who used to parrot the post-racial talk about barack obama, is now --post-2008 election--sounding more and more like al sharpton and jesse jackson these days in the use of race card to silence obama's white critics. He makes glenn loury sound right wing these days, which is something.

johnmarzan
10-31-2010, 12:34 AM
anybody willing to defend obama here?

AemJeff
10-31-2010, 12:58 AM

From what? An attack by Krauthammer? Why bother? For saying something partisan just prior to an election? It's pretty weak shit.

look
10-31-2010, 01:02 AM
Is it called the Southwestern Strategy?

Lmaki
10-31-2010, 10:27 AM

I can try.

He is just using the tools available to him. Unfortunately he came to office with a half empty tool box and the tools that were there had been seldom used...many still in their original packaging.

Obama has spent the last couple of weeks crying about not having enough time. He's got a couple more years; he might want to open up a few more tools. While the teleprompter has served him well, his hammer strikes more thumbs than nails.

Also when using those tools he might want to turn on his work light. In the same speech he castigates Angle and the Nevada politics when the gentleman running as the Republican choice for Governor there is hispanic. I understand those racist tea partiers are behind Sandoval at a 95% clip.