PDA

View Full Version : Iowahawk's genius

chiwhisoxx
10-16-2010, 11:13 PM
Iowahawk has done some pretty amazing stuff, but this may be the best:

http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk/2010/10/beltway-adventure.html

You probably won't like it if you don't accept the premise, but it's worth a try anyways.

AemJeff
10-16-2010, 11:22 PM
Iowahawk has done some pretty amazing stuff, but this may be the best:

http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk/2010/10/beltway-adventure.html

You probably won't like it if you don't accept the premise, but it's worth a try anyways.

C'mon Chi, Iowahawk? The guy is unfailingly heavy-handed and unfunny. I mean, there really are one or two funny conservatives out there, I think.

rfrobison
10-16-2010, 11:32 PM
C'mon Chi, Iowahawk? The guy is unfailingly heavy-handed and unfunny. I mean, there really are one or two funny conservatives out there, I think.

Aw, c'mon Jeff! We disagree on about 87.3% of the actual issue out there, but Chiwhi's link was at least worth a smirk, even if you're an Obama fan.

'Fess up, buddy. I know your adolescence was spent mostly playing D&D. You strike me as a Dungeon Master 3rd level, for sure!

I always wanted a character that was a monk. My fighters always got killed in like 30 seconds. Wanna play?

AemJeff
10-16-2010, 11:49 PM
Aw, c'mon Jeff! We disagree on about 87.3% of the actual issue out there, but Chiwhi's link was at least worth a smirk, even if you're an Obama fan.

'Fess up, buddy. I know your adolescence was spent mostly playing D&D. You strike me as a Dungeon Master 3rd level, for sure!

I always wanted a character that was a monk. My fighters always got killed in like 30 seconds. Wanna play?

I read it. I always seem to regret it when I do read something by him. I actually like the logo with the ridiculous calabash, but his pieces always seem turgid and inert to me. I get the joke. It just never seems funny to me - and I swear I have no problem seeing humor directed back at me or mine.

btw - I never did play much D&D - I was an entirely different sort of nerd. The one time I did play I was payed a compliment that I treasure enormously. I took my character's "chaotic neutral" alignment seriously, and played accordingly. One of the veterans told me later that he thought I was one of the best players he'd ever met- because (and this a direct quote) "I hate your fucking guts." I still smile when I remember that.

kezboard
10-18-2010, 04:52 PM
I like the premise, but it should have ben at least 80% shorter.