PDA

View Full Version : Star ratings for diavlogs?

Oakland
10-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Hi, I don't generally read the forum so apologies if this topic has been discussed. I don't see it on a quick scan.

Would the powers that be consider letting users rate diavlogs on a five star basis? There are so many vloggers now, many of whom are not well known outside their specialty. It's hard to know what's worth listening to, and I don't have much time to visit as much as I would like. So I tend to go back to the tried and true (Glen and John, Mickey and Bob, Bob and anyone, etc). If two newer vloggers have a great discussion, a rating system is the best/quickest way to get the word out that this diavlog is special.

Basically, I'm trying to make the site more user-friendly for myself. I should add that I listen for great discussions across topics. Knowing the topic beforehand isn't going to make me more or less inclined to listen to it.

nikkibong
10-10-2010, 05:11 PM
i give this post five stars. good idea.

look
10-10-2010, 06:22 PM
We already have a five-star rating system, but people don't seem to take advantage of it. If only one person makes it a 5, it stays a five.

You might find it easier to skim the comments section and see the general reaction, but this is not always accurate.

look
10-10-2010, 06:45 PM
Sorry, I misspoke. The star rating system is for the comments thread on a given diavlog.

graz
10-10-2010, 07:02 PM
Sorry, I misspoke. The star rating system is for the comments thread on a given diavlog.

I give this comment five stars!!!!!

The prior comment none :(

Night and day ... night and day.