PDA

View Full Version : adam serwer and steve sailer - harmonic convergence

nikkibong
09-28-2010, 01:16 PM
Taking a breezy look through b-head Adam Serwer's blog, I come across this:

http://www.prospect.org/csnc/blogs/adam_serwer_archive?month=09&year=2010&base_name=the_irony_of_quran_burnings

what in god's name is he implying with that last line? paging aemjeff! i think we have a steve sailer here!

AemJeff
09-28-2010, 01:22 PM
Taking a breezy look through b-head Adam Serwer's blog, I come across this:

http://www.prospect.org/csnc/blogs/adam_serwer_archive?month=09&year=2010&base_name=the_irony_of_quran_burnings

what in god's name is he implying with that last line? paging aemjeff! i think we have a steve sailer here!

Huh? I know you're reaching for irony here, but I really can't find the joke. Are "atheists" an ethnic group? Did the study mentioned have something to say about their innate intelligence? It basically did what statistical studies do, which is to control for factors that interact with the findings.

nikkibong
09-28-2010, 01:25 PM
Huh? I know you're reaching for irony here, but I really can't find the joke. Are "atheists" an ethnic group? Did the study mentioned have something to say about their innate intelligence? It basically did what statistical studies do, which is to control for factors that interact with the findings.

i've got no problem with the study. read the sewer's last line again.

shorter adam sewer: jews are teh shit.

i realize there is no allusion to innate intelligence, but i love that adam sailer's line at the end was, "controlling for any and all factors, jews know way more than anybody else!"

AemJeff
09-28-2010, 01:53 PM
i've got no problem with the study. read the sewer's last line again.

shorter adam sewer: jews are teh shit.

i realize there is no allusion to innate intelligence, but i love that adam sailer's line at the end was, "controlling for any and all factors, jews know way more than anybody else!"

Sailer's overarching theme is that Black people are stupid - innately. But they can run fast. That's really not comparable to noting this completely uncontroversial statistic:

Serwer:

atheists/agnostics and Jews tend to be more educated

TwinSwords
09-28-2010, 02:48 PM
Serwer has posted an update (http://www.prospect.org/csnc/blogs/adam_serwer_archive?month=09&year=2010&base_name=the_irony_of_quran_burnings), explaining "what in god's name ... he [was] implying with that last line:"

UPDATE: I think Jamelle's probably on to something (what in god's name is he implying with that last line) here about why Jews, Mormons and atheists/agnostics are at the top--part of being a minority means developing knowledge about the majority as kind of a survival mechanism. But I think that may be overstating it a bit--if you're a religious minority and particularly if you live in an urban area, you're likely to live around and know people who practice a different religion other than your own.

No convergence.