PDA

View Full Version : charles johnson of lgf now deleting posts which evidence his paranoid islamophobic bigotry

jummy
09-20-2010, 01:53 AM
rather than say "i was a bigot and i was wrong," charles johnson is dumping his old posts down the memory hole (http://wristaction.blogspot.com/2010/09/charles-johnson-of-lgf-now-deleting.html) as they conflict with the current "truth".

AemJeff
09-20-2010, 12:08 PM
rather than say "i was a bigot and i was wrong," charles johnson is dumping his old posts down the memory hole (http://wristaction.blogspot.com/2010/09/charles-johnson-of-lgf-now-deleting.html) as they conflict with the current "truth".

I don't know for sure what Johnson's doing here, but his fervent opposition to the likes of Pamela Geller leave me inclined to take his side on matters like this as a general matter, and that wasn't a convincing blog post. It is a textbook example of the Charles Johnson hatred that has infected most of the right-o-sphere, since he decided some of them are bonkers. (Pammycakes being the canonical example of that!) People should get a life.

jummy
09-20-2010, 12:29 PM
you do realize that charles johnson literally made pamela gellar and robert spenser?

AemJeff
09-20-2010, 02:52 PM
you do realize that charles johnson literally made pamela gellar and robert spenser?

You're going way out on a limb. Wolcott did plenty for Pammycakes' notoriety before she went full metal mental patient on his ass. CJ was among the roghtbloggers providing her with aid and comfort, but that just way overstates the case. And the fact is that her notoriety has taken its biggest increment recently in the wake of the idiot mosque controversy the she and Spencer ginned up. LGF has been on her back, highlighting her bigotry for quite a while now.

chiwhisoxx
09-20-2010, 03:07 PM
I don't know the specifics of Johnson's positions early in the Iraq War, other than that I know he is somewhat of a chastened hawk. I will say that there is conflation of questions about the nature of Islam and bigotry that I reject. But I'm not going to defend Charles Johnson, partially because I haven't actually seen the posts you're referring to. Also, because I've read some rather unflattering things about Charles Johnson doing similar things to what you're talking about. I don't remember where I read it, but Charles Johnson essentially runs his website with an iron fist. He empowers a small group of commentators to police the site, and punish those who post disagreements with Charles. I don't see why it's surprising that someone who runs a site like that would delete their own posts that they now find embarrassing.

AemJeff
09-20-2010, 03:30 PM
I don't know the specifics of Johnson's positions early in the Iraq War, other than that I know he is somewhat of a chastened hawk. I will say that there is conflation of questions about the nature of Islam and bigotry that I reject. But I'm not going to defend Charles Johnson, partially because I haven't actually seen the posts you're referring to. Also, because I've read some rather unflattering things about Charles Johnson doing similar things to what you're talking about. I don't remember where I read it, but Charles Johnson essentially runs his website with an iron fist. He empowers a small group of commentators to police the site, and punish those who post disagreements with Charles. I don't see why it's surprising that someone who runs a site like that would delete their own posts that they now find embarrassing.

Meh, I've commented over there and I'm probably among the lowest Karma scores among the users there. I've had plenty of the tough-guys over there do their best to work me over - near zero support from the rest of the community. But nobody's ever tried to shut me up (call me stupid, that's another story.) So it's sort of monolithic over there, but I can't corroborate the stories claiming it's a fascist regime - I see a lot hate aimed that way since Johnson turned to the Left, and a lot of his former allies on the Right seem willing to say anything at all about him and his site. Take those stories with a grain of salt.

jummy
09-20-2010, 03:52 PM
this is nonsense. her own blog blossomed from her posting account at lgf, where she was frequently "hat tipped". her blog subsequently gained it's present status within the anti-jihad-o-sphere when charles made her guest-blogger for a week at pjmedia. check the thread (http://littlegreenfootballs.com/showc/57/2111906) where she attributes her status to him.

similarly, charles actually coded robert spenser's first blog pro bono.

further, pamela didn't "go crazy". she was always crazy. nothing about her style or substance has changed from the time when johnson was stewarding her rise to the b-list. charles changed (in substance, not style). charles was a paranoid, anti-islamic bigot who was saying the same things he now excoriates his old buddies for saying. that's a fact.

AemJeff
09-20-2010, 04:06 PM
this is nonsense. her own blog blossomed from her posting account at lgf, where she was frequently "hat tipped". her blog subsequently gained it's present status within the anti-jihad-o-sphere when charles made her guest-blogger for a week at pjmedia. check the thread (http://littlegreenfootballs.com/showc/57/2111906) where she attributes her status to him.

similarly, charles actually coded robert spenser's first blog pro bono.

further, pamela didn't "go crazy". she was always crazy. nothing about her style or substance has changed from the time when johnson was stewarding her rise to the b-list. charles changed (in substance, not style). charles was a paranoid, anti-islamic bigot who was saying the same things he now excoriates his old buddies for saying. that's a fact.

I didn't say she "went crazy" - I said she started acting crazy specifically with reference to Wolcott. She's had her eyes on Coulter's spot in the pecking order for years. I know what Johnson's history is. In the present he posts rationally, and disavows people like some of his former allies.

jummy
09-20-2010, 04:13 PM
also, i don't even know why i'm arguing ancillary issues with you about this. i wrote that charles wrote posts which were every bit as paranoid and bigoted as the views he now excoriates and that he is now wordlessly flushing these down the memory hole as they contradict his opinion of the day. the link i provided presents hard, indisputable proof of this.

your only response has been to say that it follows somehow from the fact that charles has enemies that anybody's criticism of charles is invalid.

i mean, huh?

jummy
09-20-2010, 04:17 PM
no, he doesn't post rationally. his irrationality has just come around to reflect stances which are in line with yours.

in any case, it's good to know you are accepting of all of this. something to keep in mind the next time you want to assert the relevance of what some figure or another was saying two, five, ten years ago.

nikkibong
09-20-2010, 05:04 PM
no, he doesn't post rationally. his irrationality has just come around to reflect stances which are in line with yours.

excellently put. it reflects how i feel about andrew sullivan as well -- especially when it comes to the utterly baffling liberal embrace of that buffoon.