PDA

View Full Version : from Pinkercorn

Ocean
09-14-2010, 06:02 PM
If Obama was a bit less lazy and obsessed with vacationing and the celebrity lifestyle that his post affords, and actually worked hard for the first time in his privileged life, maybe we would be in a different spot.

Typical, unfounded, partisan, racist in its bent connotations, Republican talk: see example above.

Whatfur
09-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Typical, unfounded, partisan, racist in its bent connotations, Republican talk: see example above.

Racist? Who is bending connotations? That is ridiculous.

graz
09-14-2010, 10:10 PM
Racist? Who is bending connotations? That is ridiculous.

Yes, racist. Operative is. No, quite obvious. Your welcome.

operative
09-15-2010, 12:07 AM
Yes, racist. Operative is. No, quite obvious. Your welcome.

You are a moron. I only hope that you are so reckless and vituperative in your personal life so that someday soon you enjoy the end of someone's fist crashing against the side of your face.

AemJeff
09-15-2010, 12:11 AM
You are a moron. I only hope that you are so reckless and vituperative in your personal life so that someday soon you enjoy the end of someone's fist crashing against the side of your face.

graz has proved conclusively that he's not a moron. You, on the other hand are not exactly exhibiting much rhetorical artistry, are you? Wishful threats are so déclassé.

operative
09-15-2010, 12:13 AM
graz has proved conclusively that he's not a moron.

Wanton accusations of racism confirm one's status as a first-class moron.

AemJeff
09-15-2010, 12:21 AM
Wanton accusations of racism confirm one's status as a first-class moron.

Wanton? There was nothing wanton about it.

operative
09-15-2010, 12:22 AM
Wanton? There was nothing wanton about it.

Refusal to acknowledge wanton accusations of racism also qualifies one was a moron.

AemJeff
09-15-2010, 12:25 AM
Refusal to acknowledge wanton accusations of racism also qualifies one was a moron.

You aren't making your points very well. You might want to go back to the original charge and explain your point of view.

operative
09-15-2010, 12:28 AM
You aren't making your points very well. You might want to go back to the original charge and explain your point of view.

I think that my point about him being a moron was perfectly elucidated.

AemJeff
09-15-2010, 12:33 AM
I think that my point about him being a moron was perfectly elucidated.

To have been lucid, it would have required a basis. So far all you've done so far is assert the case. I'm asserting that graz' feelings didn't pop up in vacuum. I'm at least the third person to take note of how ugly (if veiled somewhat) the following was:

China's stimulus was also much better targeted and not bloated with pork. Obama should have designed the stimulus himself, made it pork-free, and had someone introduce it. Instead he punted, like he always does, and left Pelosi and Reid to do the heavy lifting. That left a bill that was bloated with pork and ineffective. If Obama was a bit less lazy and obsessed with vacationing and the celebrity lifestyle that his post affords, and actually worked hard for the first time in his privileged life, maybe we would be in a different spot.

look
09-15-2010, 12:38 AM
Originally Posted by operative
China's stimulus was also much better targeted and not bloated with pork. Obama should have designed the stimulus himself, made it pork-free, and had someone introduce it. Instead he punted, like he always does, and left Pelosi and Reid to do the heavy lifting. That left a bill that was bloated with pork and ineffective. If Obama was a bit less lazy and obsessed with vacationing and the celebrity lifestyle that his post affords, and actually worked hard for the first time in his privileged life, maybe we would be in a different spot.
What do you find racist about this passage?

operative
09-15-2010, 12:39 AM
To have been lucid, it would have required a basis. So far all you've done so far is assert the case. I'm asserting that graz' feelings didn't pop up in vacuum. I'm at least the third person to take note of how ugly (if veiled somewhat) the following was:

Noting that a president who has remain largely disengaged from the legislating process while taking significant vacation time and concentrating more on the celebrity end of politics (appearances on the View etc.), and who has never had to struggle in his, yes, privileged and charmed life, might just be a little bit lazy is ugly as the truth is ugly.

Our best presidents had to struggle in their lives. Our worst presidents (Buchanan, Pierce, Harding) did not. Obama is one of the latter.

AemJeff
09-15-2010, 12:58 AM
Noting that a president who has remain largely disengaged from the legislating process while taking significant vacation time and concentrating more on the celebrity end of politics (appearances on the View etc.), and who has never had to struggle in his, yes, privileged and charmed life, might just be a little bit lazy is ugly as the truth is ugly.

Our best presidents had to struggle in their lives. Our worst presidents (Buchanan, Pierce, Harding) did not. Obama is one of the latter.

You haven't convinced me. The Ivy erducated Constitutional scholar, son of a mixed marriage and an absent father who became the first non-white President of this land "never had to struggle" in his "lazy," "charmed," and "privileged" life. And two years into his first term while he has apparently successfully (so far) negotiated the second worst economic crisis in our history, you've pronounced among the worst Presidents we've ever had. That's a pretty venomous fantasy, especially considering its freedom from anything like a factual basis.

And, it looks racist to more than just me.

operative
09-15-2010, 01:04 AM
You haven't convinced me. The Ivy erducated Constitutional scholar, son of a mixed marriage and an absent father who became the first non-white President of this land "never had to struggle" in his "lazy," "charmed," and "privileged" life. And two years into his first term while he has apparently successfully (so far) negotiated the second worst economic crisis in our history, you've pronounced among the worst Presidents we've ever had. That's a pretty venomous fantasy, especially considering its freedom from anything like a factual basis.

And, it looks racist to more than just me.

The "Constitutional scholar" who has not a single legal writing to his name, who managed to find work as an adjunct lecturer despite an utter lack of actual scholarly erudition or real world success.

The grandson of a successful entrepreneur and bank manager, whose mother was a radical leftist academic, who attended privileged prep schools before landing a spot at a mediocre leftist west coast school and transferring to an east coast one.

Oh, and one who has utterly failed to navigate said disaster which was worsened by ideologically-driven anti-business policies.

Your delusions are manifold. And it figures that someone as ignorant as you appear to be have little more to offer than to call people rather ugly names when they state the truth about your incompetent leader.

AemJeff
09-15-2010, 01:13 AM
The "Constitutional scholar" who has not a single legal writing to his name, who managed to find work as an adjunct lecturer despite an utter lack of actual scholarly erudition or real world success.

The grandson of a successful entrepreneur and bank manager, whose mother was a radical leftist academic, who attended privileged prep schools before landing a spot at a mediocre leftist west coast school and transferring to an east coast one.

Oh, and one who has utterly failed to navigate said disaster which was worsened by ideologically-driven anti-business policies.

Your delusions are manifold. And it figures that someone as ignorant as you appear to be have little more to offer than to call people rather ugly names when they state the truth about your incompetent leader.

Damn, but that's a lot of resentment. How long have you this feeling that people with whom you disagree are deluded?

operative
09-15-2010, 01:15 AM
Damn, but that's a lot of resentment. How long have you this feeling that people with whom you disagree are deluded?

As long as they have been deluded. Which dates back to at least this evening.

osmium
09-17-2010, 10:44 PM

OCEAN. Welcome to Bloggingheads After Dark®

Ocean
09-17-2010, 10:58 PM
OCEAN. Welcome to Bloggingheads After Dark®

I'm about to put the whole dungeon thing in my ignore list. But thank you for the welcome greeting. And you gave it a cool name. :)

osmium
09-17-2010, 11:09 PM
I'm about to put the whole dungeon thing in my ignore list. But thank you for the welcome greeting. And you gave it a cool name. :)

This is all I look at anymore. One day I'm gonna get drunk and put my 40,000 word manifesto here.

Ocean
09-17-2010, 11:13 PM
This is all I look at anymore. One day I'm gonna get drunk and put my 40,000 word manifesto here.

Looking forward to it. *

(* not to be construed as an encouragement for unsupervised drunkenness)

stephanie
09-22-2010, 12:51 PM

Yeah, I usually glance at the threads down here and decide nothing is worth reading, but if we rebrand it, I might hang out more.

Ocean
09-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Yeah, I usually glance at the threads down here and decide nothing is worth reading, but if we rebrand it, I might hang out more.

And did you notice what my terrible sin was here? This one, in my opinion is clear proof that there's no way I could anticipate what's considered censurable and what not. Either I consider these kinds of overreactions a joke or I have to leave this site and never come back. And thank god I don't have to sign a contract.

stephanie
09-22-2010, 01:33 PM
And did you notice what my terrible sin was here? This one, in my opinion is clear proof that there's no way I could anticipate what's considered censurable and what not. Either I consider these kinds of overreactions a joke or I have to leave this site and never come back. And thank god I don't have to sign a contract.

Yeah, I agree. I think considering it a joke is the way to go, although it's irritating.