PDA

View Full Version : Good thing 2 US Presidents have declared combat operations in Iraq over

Wonderment
09-15-2010, 03:15 PM
BAGHDAD Seven Iraqi civilians were killed near the western city of Falluja on Wednesday during an early morning raid conducted by American and Iraqi security forces, officials said (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/16/world/middleeast/16iraq.html?_r=1).

Oh wait. Bush said "major combat operations."

It was the guy who ran on his opposition to the Iraq War who said all "combat operations."

look
09-15-2010, 03:27 PM
Oh wait. Bush said "major combat operations."

It was the guy who ran on his opposition to the Iraq War who said all "combat operations."Don't be a sore winner, Wondie.

Wonderment
09-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Don't be a sore winner, Wondie.

LOL. Good point, Lookie. Imagine where we'd be at if the "Ba-ba-bomb Iran" guy had been elected.

look
09-15-2010, 03:38 PM
LOL. Good point, Lookie. Imagine where we'd be at if the "Ba-ba-bomb Iran" guy had been elected.Something tells me we'd be in about the same place...except Iran may have conceded by now.

Wonderment
09-15-2010, 03:52 PM
Something tells me we'd be in about the same place...except Iran may have conceded by now.

Yes, I'm sure the Cordoba Center would be in newly liberated and democratic-secular Teheran, thus solving the 9/11 hallowed-ground quandary.

But one thing we wouldn't have is the triumph I made possible and was congratulated for in today's email from Obama headquarters (barackobama.com):

The special interests in Washington are not happy, and it's because of something you did, (Wondie).

Since President Obama moved into the White House, this movement has stripped them of their influence, proving we could take on the lobbyists and corporate cash with good, old-fashioned organizing.

Imagine, not only no combat in Iraq, but no special interests, lobbyists or corportate cash in Washington. Verily, the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

look
09-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Yes, I'm sure the Cordoba Center would be in newly liberated and democratic-secular Teheran, thus solving the 9/11 hallowed-ground quandary.

But one thing we wouldn't have is the triumph I made possible and was congratulated for in today's email from Obama headquarters (barackobama.com):

Imagine, not only no combat in Iraq, but no special interests, lobbyists or corportate cash in Washington. Verily, the kingdom of heaven is at hand.Say amen, somebody.

rfrobison
09-15-2010, 09:39 PM
Say amen, somebody.

Reminds me of a local radio show I used to listen to in Denver as a kid:

DJ 1 (Impersonating Southern Baptist TV preacher): Ah, THOUGHTS! What a mighty thing they are! Say, how ya doin'?

DJ 2: (Impersonating particularly thick congregant) How ya doin?!

DJ 1: Fine, thank you!

etc., etc., etc.