PDA

View Full Version : Moderation in the Forum

Lyle
08-22-2010, 01:24 AM
Private message from Brenda to Lyle after Brenda deleted a photograph of David Duke shaking Ahamdinejad's hand at the "the Holocaust never ever happened" conference held last year or the year before last. Link to the actual post I made is infra.

Lyle,

Associating a diavlog participant with David Duke goes beyond the bounds of civil discussion. I actually considered deleting your whole post, but in the end decided to just delete the photo.

Brenda

Our censor Brenda thinks pointing out that David Duke and Dr. Flynt Leverett both defend the current Iranian government is "beyond the bounds of civil discussion". See here (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showthread.php?p=176194#poststop). I mean, Bob Wright, has called who knows how many people whatever god awful and inaccurate names... like his Republicans are McCarthyists shout out from last week (whenever it was). Yet comparing Dr. Flynt Leverett to David Duke vis a vis Iran is "beyond the bounds of civil discussion"?

Dr. Flynt Leverett defends the Iranian regime Brenda!!! David Duke defends the same Iranian regime Brenda!!! Therefore, they're peas in the same pod when it comes to Iran, Brenda!!!

Brenda, try paying attention to some of the things Bob Wright says in his diavlogs and perhaps use that as your measuring stick. Don't ever delete something like that again. You're not North Korean, Brenda.

rcocean
08-22-2010, 02:33 PM
Private message from Brenda to Lyle after Brenda deleted a photograph of David Duke shaking Ahamdinejad's hand at the "the Holocaust never ever happened" conference held last year or the year before last. Link to the actual post I made is infra.

Our censor Brenda thinks pointing out that David Duke and Dr. Flynt Leverett both defend the current Iranian government is "beyond the bounds of civil discussion". See here (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showthread.php?p=176194#poststop). I mean, Bob Wright, has called who knows how many people whatever god awful and inaccurate names... like his Republicans are McCarthyists shout out from last week (whenever it was). Yet comparing Dr. Flynt Leverett to David Duke vis a vis Iran is "beyond the bounds of civil discussion"?

Dr. Flynt Leverett defends the Iranian regime Brenda!!! David Duke defends the same Iranian regime Brenda!!! Therefore, they're peas in the same pod when it comes to Iran, Brenda!!!

Brenda, try paying attention to some of the things Bob Wright says in his diavlogs and perhaps use that as your measuring stick. Don't ever delete something like that again. You're not North Korean, Brenda.

Sorry Lyle, I'm with Brenda on this one. First, why are you posting pictures? It seems rather childish and eats up bandwidth. Secondly, the idea that anyone who defends the Iranian regime is JUST LIKE DAVID DUKE!!! is absurd.
David Duke believes a lot of things, so anyone who agrees with him - even when he's right - is therefore JUST LIKE DAVID DUKE. For example he's an environmentalist, Lyle is an environmentalist, therefore, Lyle is JUST LIKE DAVID DUKE!!!

If you want to attack Leverett, come up with a good argument instead of a drive-by-smear with a pictures.

Don Zeko
08-22-2010, 03:33 PM
Sorry Lyle, I'm with Brenda on this one. First, why are you posting pictures? It seems rather childish and eats up bandwidth. Secondly, the idea that anyone who defends the Iranian regime is JUST LIKE DAVID DUKE!!! is absurd.
David Duke believes a lot of things, so anyone who agrees with him - even when he's right - is therefore JUST LIKE DAVID DUKE. For example he's an environmentalist, Lyle is an environmentalist, therefore, Lyle is JUST LIKE DAVID DUKE!!!

If you want to attack Leverett, come up with a good argument instead of a drive-by-smear with a pictures.

Does Flynt Leverett own a dog? Because you know who else liked dogs? Yeah, that's who.

look
08-22-2010, 04:52 PM

STFU, Lyle.

nikkibong
08-22-2010, 05:07 PM

never change, rc.

chiwhisoxx
08-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Hey Lyle, do you drink water? CAUSE I'M PRETTY SURE HITLER PROBABLY DRANK IT TOO a'lsdkfja'slfdkjasklj

Lyle
08-22-2010, 06:33 PM
Actually, bh.tv encourages us to post images since they have the thingamajig that allows us to post images.

... and rcocean you can make whatever kind of argument about me that you want. bh.tv just better not fucking delete it.

Lyle
08-22-2010, 06:34 PM
No, I will not.

Lyle
08-22-2010, 06:38 PM
Haha... poor one. This isn't about drinking water but about defending Iran, which both Dr. Leverett and David Duke do. I mean, I'd be in the same boat as Henry Ford and the Bush family if I had been Nazi friendly.

Disagree with my argument all you want to... but bh.tv is wrong to have biased moderators scratch comments that are no weaker or different than any argument Bob Wright has ever made by diavlog.

bh.tv needs to show some emotional and intellectual fairness.

stephanie
08-22-2010, 08:16 PM
Secondly, the idea that anyone who defends the Iranian regime is JUST LIKE DAVID DUKE!!! is absurd.

Right. It's the old Hitler was a vegetarian so all vegetarians are like Hitler fallacy.

Wonderment
08-22-2010, 11:15 PM
but bh.tv is wrong to have biased moderators scratch comments that are no weaker or different than any argument Bob Wright has ever made by diavlog.

Wait. Didn't your comment NOT get scratched? Unless I don't speak English, the result was that the photo got deleted and the comment stayed.

BTW, I compared Andrew McCarthy to David Duke on the Eli Lake diavlog. I (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showthread.php?p=176370#poststop)didn't feel the need to illustrate though.

Lyle
08-22-2010, 11:32 PM
Except I haven't made the argument that Dr. Leverett is just like David Duke. I've argued he's just like David Duke with regards to Iran... i.e. defenders of the current regime in Iran.

Would it not be fair to compare Henry Ford to some kooky douchbag in the German Bund circa 1930s America?

Lyle
08-22-2010, 11:38 PM
There we go. I mean, it wasn't the illustration that Brenda complained about... but the comparing of Dr. Leverett to David Duke. So if you can compare Andrew McCarthy to David Duke, I can compare Dr. Leverett to David Duke... and use a picture to help make that point.

I mean, if illustrations are going to be verboten here... they need to not encourage us to post them by providing us with an easy to use picture posting computer mechanism.

... and three cheers for Wonderment for being a man of character and not running and hiding from his David Duke/Andrew McCarthy accusations. Good man.

Wonderment
08-22-2010, 11:45 PM
Illustrated even*

*Cuter dude, same name.