PDA

View Full Version : I need a vacation....and so do you

rfrobison
07-26-2010, 03:57 AM
Is it my imagination, or are people being even more snotty than usual the days? I'm thinking it's stress. What say we all get together for a nice bhtv cruise or something. Think of it: white sandy beaches, steel drums, drinks with little umbrella thingies in them and not enough booze...

'Course we'll have to set some ground rules: You MUST, over the course of our one-week junket, eat one meal, engage in one shipboard activity -- throwing people over the side doesn't count -- and say at least one nice thing about someone with whom you have clashed online.

So who's with me, and, more important, how do we pay for it? Maybe some of those stimulus funds could just leak away from the government. What's a few hundred grand out of a multibillion dollar program? I'm sure nobody'll even miss it.

kezboard
07-26-2010, 04:13 AM
So who's with me, and, more important, how do we pay for it?

We could always try the Templeton Foundation, although we'd probably have to add engaging in some sort of "dialogue" about religion to the list of ground rules. So that might be too risky.

rfrobison
07-26-2010, 04:20 AM
We could always try the Templeton Foundation, although we'd probably have to add engaging in some sort of "dialogue" about religion to the list of ground rules. So that might be too risky.

Hmm, would it be enough to quote Genesis 2:2 -- "By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work"?

I'd be willing to give that little invocation at the start of the trip if It'd get us the money...

Ocean
07-26-2010, 09:51 PM
Hmm, would it be enough to quote Genesis 2:2 -- "By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work"?

I'd be willing to give that little invocation at the start of the trip if It'd get us the money...

Yes, I agree. But, you'll have to say something like "so on the seventh day he rested... for another week." That will do!

bjkeefe
07-26-2010, 10:57 PM
Yes, I agree. But, you'll have to say something like "so on the seventh day he rested... for another week." That will do!

We'd need the King Slacker version of the Bible for that.

Ocean
07-26-2010, 11:04 PM
We'd need the King Slacker version of the Bible for that.

It's been long due.

bjkeefe
07-26-2010, 11:06 PM
It's been long due.

Yeah, but you can understand the delay.

Ocean
07-26-2010, 11:10 PM
Yeah, but you can understand the delay.

The nature of the beast.

bjkeefe
07-26-2010, 11:22 PM
The nature of the beast.

To say the least.

Ocean
07-26-2010, 11:25 PM
To say the least.

But in the end they lived happily ever after. :)

bjkeefe
07-26-2010, 11:36 PM
But in the end they lived happily ever after. :)

And then the little boy woke up. It was only a dream!

rfrobison
07-27-2010, 01:17 AM
You guys do need a vacation! ;) Rob, your cruise director, will be announcing cabin assignments and shuffleboard pairings shortly....