PDA

View Full Version : Obama Bullied Ms. Shirley Sherrod -- Give Her Her Job Back!

Lyle
07-20-2010, 10:34 PM
Whole video of her talk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9NcCa_KjXk&feature=player_embedded#!

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/07/20/naacp-and-glenn-beck-agree-people-rushed-to-judgment-on-sherrod/

Odd, but interesting Glenn Beck commentary (http://hotair.com/archives/2010/07/20/naacp-and-glenn-beck-agree-people-rushed-to-judgment-on-sherrod/) (warning, some crazy talk mixed in, but nails Obama administration on really poor decision-making skills -- video at the bottom)

TwinSwords
07-20-2010, 11:04 PM
Here's how Breitbart's hit job against Shirley Sherrod played on Fox News today:

— Liberal Media Conspiracy Helped Elect Obama!!!1! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI6-_Nqmo50&playnext_from=TL&videos=WGQGVxZBV1k)

Note how Megyn Kelly takes The Daily Caller's already exaggerated and distorted report, and stretches it much further, into an even more far reaching and effective conspiracy than even the Caller alleged.

Just wow.

And check out the comments:

"I think they should be convicted with Treason and strung up by their necks. They are aiding this Illegal Presidency and the destruction of our Republic."

-----------

"I want to know when the witch hunt will begin? I want to know from all the new candidates vying for our votes, I want to hear from you that you will launch a witch hunt on these em'r ef'rs [the media]. You want my vote fine put it in writing you will go after these ppl [the media] doing this crap. Otherwise dont bother running for office, b/c it IS part of that job you want, to defend this country from foreign and domestic enemies!"

-----------

"I just wonder how they'll explain it from the left. Oh wait I know... they just won't cover it. This revelation is the best thing I've ever seen on FAUX news. Too bad they are just as bad. There is no free media and we should all be boycotting the entire industry. There are plenty of alternative media sites online with more credibility. Take for instance World Net Daily. Les Kinsolving is the senior most press agent in the WH Press Corps look how he's treated..."

TwinSwords
07-20-2010, 11:51 PM
Digby, on the Administration's capitulation (http://digbysblog.blogspot.com/2010/07/white-houses-weak-back-hand.html):

Weak Back Hand

[...]

But I also have to wonder if they know what the optics of this are. If two-bit sociopathic wingnuts can scare them to this extent with obviously doctored videos, what happens when they see a real threat? Are they going to flap their arms like penguins and run around in circles screaming "they're coming to get us, run for your lives!!?" At this point, that doesn't seem entirely ridiculous.

Seriously, this shows tremendous weakness. Andrew Brietbart is a con artist and and right wing entertainer whose antics should always be met with a cynical laugh and a shake of the head. To fall for his schtick more than once is political malpractice.

[...]

Update II: [Secretary] Vilsack takes responsibility and White House backs him:

Yesterday, I asked for and accepted Ms. Sherrod’s resignation for two reasons. First, for the past 18 months, we have been working to turn the page on the sordid civil rights record at USDA and this controversy could make it more difficult to move forward on correcting injustices. Second, state rural development directors make many decisions and are often called to use their discretion. The controversy surrounding her comments would create situations where her decisions, rightly or wrongly, would be called into question making it difficult for her to bring jobs to Georgia.

Our policy is clear. There is zero tolerance for discrimination at USDA and we strongly condemn any act of discrimination against any person. We have a duty to ensure that when we provide services to the American people we do so in an equitable manner. But equally important is our duty to instill confidence in the American people that we are fair service providers.

"Her decision 'rightly or wrongly" will be called into question" because some right wing hitman put out an edited tape that makes her sound as if her point is the opposite of what it is, so she had to be fired.

They are telling wingnuts everywhere that all they have to do is gin up a phony controversy (especially about a black person, apparently) and the administration will fire them so as not to shake confidence that they are "fair service providers."

This is sheer cowardice.

TwinSwords
07-20-2010, 11:55 PM
Aimai at No More Mr. Nice Blog, says:

Every Knock's A Boost--If You Know What You are Doing...

[...]

The game isn't over yet. If the Democrats took my advice, which they never do, they'd have Vilsack invite Sherrod to a huge ceremony honoring her *and the white farmer and his wife* for their years of work together, the best part of America, in overcoming racism and fighting against the death of the Ammmurkan Family Farrrrm. Vilsack would publicly apologize to Sherrod for having, even for a moment, trusted right wing news sources to report things accurately. Then he'd ask Sherrod to resume her old job but to include lectures and talks like the one she was giving to the NAACP to help other administrators and workers in the field, of all colors, to realize how they would need to grow in office and learn from their mistakes.

Read a little god-damned history, Dems, and discover that the race isn't always to the swift. Counterpunching is as good as punching, any day.

aimai

It's great advice; it would turn the news cycle upside down and be a major PR win for the Democrats and for the values we care about, and it would focus attention on the disreputable practices of Andrew Breitbart.

Lyle
07-21-2010, 12:02 AM
Oh, yeah, everyone was had... except for Glenn Beck and Charles Krauthammer of Fox. Both have come out swinging for Ms. Sherrod. Good for those two.

Lyle
07-21-2010, 12:05 AM
So you're not going to criticize Obama for sacking her for no good reason, but to simply cover his ass politically? You got any thoughts on that man?

This doesn't make Democrats look good at all, not the ones in power at least.

TwinSwords
07-21-2010, 01:19 AM
Maddow did her usual bang-up job (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8SPPl-N39E&playnext_from=TL&videos=kJDY0T546H0) tonight.

Lyle
07-21-2010, 01:21 AM
You going to criticize Obama yet Twinswords? He fucked it up don't you think? Politics and power, above the little people right?

graz
07-21-2010, 01:26 AM
You going to criticize Obama yet Twinswords? He fucked it up don't you think? Politics and power, above the little people right?
Nice attempt at making hay there. Vilsack is the culprit, not Obama (please spare me the buck stops here speech). The White House has released word that reconsideration is underway. The link will follow:

How can we paint this as an Obama failure, no matter what? (http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2010/07/the-white-houses-shirley-sherrod-test/60136/)

Lyle
07-21-2010, 01:27 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/03/25/60minutes/main608667.shtml

Go and read the whole transcript, or better watch the 60 minutes video, if you can find it. Everybody plays this sordid and sad game.

Deborah Gambrell, another black attorney, and another Democrat, thinks Pickering got a raw deal from those Democrats in Washington.

"This man makes for a level playing field," she says of Pickering, "and that's the thing that I admire about him."

What was her reaction when Democratic senators labeled Pickering "insensitive on racial issues"?

Her reply: "As an attorney who's appeared before him year after year representing - and I have represented the NAACP on a matter before him and representing other clients - I was shocked and appalled. Judge Pickering is not fair? Judge Pickering is insensitive? I was shocked."

Several past presidents of the NAACP in Mississippi support Pickering. But today's NAACP leaders do not. Some feel the seat should go to a black judge. The national NAACP issued a statement, calling Pickering hostile to its priorities, and all its branches in Mississippi oppose the judge.

But when Clarence McGee, who heads the NAACP in Hattiesburg, sat down for 60 Minutes with a Pickering supporter, Charles Evers, brother of murdered civil rights leader Medgar Evers, the NAACP president got an earful:

Charles Evers: You know, maybe you don't know, you know that Charles Pickering is a man helped us to break the Ku Klux Klan. Did you know that?

Clarence McGee: I heard that statement made.

Charles Evers: I mean, I know that. Do you know that?

Clarence McGee: I don't know that.

Charles Evers: I know that. Do you know about the young black man that was accused of robbing the young white woman. You know about that?

Clarence McGee: Nope.

Charles Evers: So Charles Pickering took the case. Came to trial and won the case and the young man became free.

Clarence McGee: I don't know about that.

Charles Evers: But did you also know that Charles Pickering is the man who helped integrate his churches. You know about that?

Clarence McGee: No.

Charles Evers: Well, you don't know a thing about Charles Pickering.

Then McGee brought up the cross burning case and the strong pressure Pickering put on prosecutors to cut back Daniel Swan's sentence. Says McGee, "I would say he overstepped his bounds. He might be somewhat intimidating. These kinds of things disturb me."

But Pickering remains proud of his record, and of his state, for working to heal historic racial wounds.

Says Pickering, "Mississippi's made tremendous progress. And I feel like I've been a part of that progress. And I'm glad to have been a part of that progress. And I think it's extremely unfortunate any time anyone, black or white, uses race to divide us and polarize us."

Where was Rachel Maddow then? Haha.

Lyle
07-21-2010, 01:30 AM
So why is Ms. Sherrod claiming the firing came from the White House? She told CNN today that the Ag officials were telling her to resign because the White House was telling the Ag officials to get her to resign. Have you not seen her on CNN yet when she says the "White House"?

I mean, do you not understand the make up the executive branch and who is in charge of whom? Fucking Obama is responsible for this and he needs to apologize to the woman for kicking her ass to the curb.

graz
07-21-2010, 01:36 AM
Fucking Obama is responsible for this and he needs to apologize to the woman for kicking her ass to the curb.

Hell yeah!

Wonderment
07-21-2010, 01:44 AM
Fucking Obama is responsible

High crime and a misdemeanor to boot! Impeach the mo-fok, Lyle. I think you have the 67 Senate votes to convict.

Lyle
07-21-2010, 01:50 AM
Haha... you guys have to make up shit to try to bring me down. I love each and every one of you pricks. Haha.

Remember Charles Pickering!!!

graz
07-21-2010, 01:57 AM
Haha... you guys have to make up shit to try to bring down. I love each and every one of you pricks. Haha.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_bimfoQyPn4U/ReVZorHCyVI/AAAAAAAAA3g/XTG7yKsb97w/s400/18980000maine.jpg

Wonderment
07-21-2010, 02:13 AM
Haha... you guys have to make up shit to try to bring down. I love each and every one of you pricks. Haha.

Haha. I don't get what you are ranting about, Lyle. Haha.

If I understand correctly from skimming this non-story, some right-wing nonentity and excuse for a blogger took Sherrod's words out of context to deliberately make her look like a racist. The White House -- hypersensitive to claims by assorted kooks that they are "black racists" -- fell for the trick and fired the official. Now the right-wing nut has been exposed as the lying piece of dung that he is, and the WH has a PR dilemma on its hands. They should do the right thing and reinstate Sherrod, and Ag Sec should fall on his sword.

But this is NOT a big deal. In the long run, it's good for Ms. Sherrod who will either get her old job back or a better one. She's already admired by everyone left and right.

It's mildly bad for the WH because the look inept. But Jeezus we had eight years of constant, daily, relentless ineptitude from Bushco. Obama can screw up every once in a while without the right-wingers going ballistic.

Or at least go ballistic over something worth going ballistic over.

Lyle
07-21-2010, 02:24 AM
I agree, it's not a big deal... but Obama and the NAACP (Ms. Sherrod blames them for her firing too) "lynched" a black woman over dirty partisan politics that might would have made them look very bad, if true.

Obama will come out, and give some nice speech, and all will be well... but it's more political class bullshit we all love to hate. Nobody looks good on this one.

bjkeefe
07-21-2010, 02:28 PM
Digby, on the Administration's capitulation (http://digbysblog.blogspot.com/2010/07/white-houses-weak-back-hand.html):

Righteous.

bjkeefe
07-21-2010, 02:30 PM
Aimai at No More Mr. Nice Blog, says: [...]

Also righteous.

Here's the link (http://nomoremister.blogspot.com/2010/07/every-knocks-boost-if-you-know-what-you.html), for the record.

bjkeefe
07-21-2010, 05:27 PM
Could be. (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/22/us/politics/22sherrod.html) (NYT says this was posted "11 minutes ago," as of the time of this posting.)

bjkeefe
07-21-2010, 10:50 PM
Could be. (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/22/us/politics/22sherrod.html) (NYT says this was posted "11 minutes ago," as of the time of this posting.)

Story at same URL has been extensively updated. Now linked to from the home page with the flag "33 minutes ago." Here are some excerpts from how it now appears.

With Apology, Fired Official Is Offered a New Job

WASHINGTON — The White House and Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack apologized profusely and repeatedly on Wednesday to a black midlevel official for the way she had been humiliated and forced to resign her Agriculture Department job after a conservative blogger put out a misleading video clip that seemed to show her admitting antipathy toward a white farmer.

By the end of the day, the official, Shirley Sherrod, had gained instant fame and emerged as the heroine of a compelling story about race and redemption.

Pretty much everyone else had egg on his face — from the conservative bloggers and pundits who first pushed the inaccurate story to Mr. Vilsack, who looked stricken as he told reporters he had offered Ms. Sherrod, until Monday the Agriculture Department’s rural development director in Georgia, a new job that would give her a “unique opportunity” to help the agency move past its checkered civil rights history. She told him she would think about it.

“This is a good woman, she’s been put through hell and I could have and should have done a better job,” Mr. Vilsack said, as he conceded that he had ordered Ms. Sherrod’s firing in haste, without knowing that the video clip, from a speech she gave to the N.A.A.C.P., had been taken out of context. He said that he had acted on his own, and that there was “no pressure from the White House.”

Mr. Vilsack’s late-afternoon appearance capped a humiliating and fast-paced few days not only for the White House, but also for the N.A.A.C.P. and the national news media, especially the Fox News Channel and its hosts Bill O’Reilly and Sean Hannity, all of whom played a role in promoting the story about Ms. Sherrod.

The controversy illustrates the nexus between Fox and right-wing Web sites like the one run by Andrew Breitbart, the blogger who initially posted the misleading and highly edited video, which he later said had been sent to him already edited. (Similarly, Mr. Breitbart used edited videos to go after Acorn, the community organizing group.) Politically charged stories often take root online before being shared with a much wider audience on Fox. The television coverage, in turn, puts pressure on other news media outlets to follow up.

[...]

Fox News began its pursuit of Ms. Sherrod in prime time on Monday night on three successive opinion shows that reached at least three million people. Leading off, Mr. O’Reilly asked on his top-rated program, “Is there racism in the Department of Agriculture?” He discussed the tape, plugged Mr. Breitbart’s Web site and demanded that Ms. Sherrod resign immediately.

By the time Mr. O’Reilly’s remarks, which were taped in the afternoon, were broadcast, Ms. Sherrod had indeed resigned, a development that Fox’s next host, Mr. Hannity, treated as breaking news at the beginning of his show. He played a short part of what he called the “shocking” video from Mr. Breitbart, and later discussed the development with a panel of guests, mentioning the N.A.A.C.P.’s recent accusations of racism within the conservative Tea Party movement.

“It is interesting they just lectured the Tea Party movement last week,” Mr. Hannity said, telegraphing a talking point that would come up repeatedly on other shows.

Fox’s 10 p.m. show also covered the resignation as breaking news. Ms. Sherrod later said Fox had not tried to contact her before running the video clip repeatedly on Monday.

Fair and Balanced™!!!1!

I'm about ready to faint that the NYT is finally showing enough stones to state such facts as appear in those last paragraphs (shoutout to Sheryl Gay Stolberg, who will no doubt have O'Reilly, Hannity, Breitbart, etc., calling for her resignation tomorrow), so I'll leave you to read the rest (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/22/us/politics/22sherrod.html).

Also, here's the tweet (http://twitter.com/UOJim/status/19041158347) that made me think I ought to go back to check on this article:

UOJim (http://twitter.com/UOJim) Cause they're lying sacks of shit? RT @daveweigel (http://twitter.com/daveweigel) "Why is there no Sherrod correction at Big Government right now?"

[Added] Also unlikely to post a correction: the Lial who started this thread, for his entirely inaccurate thread title. Nowhere is it being reported by any responsible source that Obama had anything to do with Sherrod being forced out of office.

chiwhisoxx
07-21-2010, 11:28 PM
Story at same URL has been extensively updated. Now linked to from the home page with the flag "33 minutes ago." Here are some excerpts from how it now appears.

Fair and Balanced™!!!1!

I'm about ready to faint that the NYT is finally showing enough stones to state such facts as appear in those last paragraphs (shoutout to Sheryl Gay Stolberg, who will no doubt have O'Reilly, Hannity, Breitbart, etc., calling for her resignation tomorrow), so I'll leave you to read the rest (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/22/us/politics/22sherrod.html).

Also, here's the tweet (http://twitter.com/UOJim/status/19041158347) that made me think I ought to go back to check on this article:

[Added] Also unlikely to post a correction: the Lial who started this thread, for his entirely inaccurate thread title. Nowhere is it being reported by any responsible source that Obama had anything to do with Sherrod being forced out of office.

Well ok...it seems unlikely that Obama was personally involved, but people use president's name as shorthand to refer to entire administration all the time. It's not entirely accurate, but it seems to be part of accepted vernacular.

Breitbart definitely owes an explanation. Just for the record, there were those on the right who sniffed this out early. Beck wrote something that I'm not going to read, if he was right, then good for him I guess. But Alllahpundit sniffed this out pretty early, pointing out that it seemed like the clip was cut in an odd way. And one more for the record: Sherrod had been fired before Fox even ran the clip, so it's fine to discuss bad behavior by Fox, but they didn't get her fired.

Lastly: Olbermann not exactly covering himself with glory in this performance. He's closer to being right than he usually is, which I suppose isn't saying a whole lot, but the entire performance is fairly painful, and sort of a caricature of what Olbermann has become. Skip the hypocrisy stuff at the top if you want, it probably doesn't hold a lot of currency for most of you, but the video is at the bottom.

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/07/21/video-arch-propagandist-troubled-by-medias-lack-of-ethics/

bjkeefe
07-22-2010, 12:12 AM
Well ok...it seems unlikely that Obama was personally involved, but people use president's name as shorthand to refer to entire administration all the time. It's not entirely accurate, but it seems to be part of accepted vernacular.

Oh, please. Give me a break. It is one thing to say something like "the Obama Administration today announced new sanctions on North Korea" or "Obama's battles with Congress" or even something intentionally misleading, like "Obamacare." It is something else entirely to say, as Lial did in the thread title he started, "Obama Bullied Ms. Shirley Sherrod ..."

Especially in light of other crap he posted, such as (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showthread.php?p=170860#post170860): "So you're not going to criticize Obama for sacking her for no good reason, ..." and (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showthread.php?p=170886#post170886) "You going to criticize Obama yet Twinswords?" and (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showthread.php?p=170889#post170889) "Fucking Obama is responsible for this and he needs to apologize to the woman for kicking her ass to the curb."

You really must learn how to read for context and spend some time contemplating the importance of the phrase Consider the source. Especially if your claim about long-time familiarity with this site is to be believed.

chiwhisoxx
07-22-2010, 12:15 AM
Oh, please. Give me a break. It is one thing to say something like "the Obama Administration today announced new sanctions on North Korea" or "Obama's battles with Congress" or even something intentionally misleading, like "Obamacare." It is something else entirely to say, as Lial did in the thread title he started, "Obama Bullied Ms. Shirley Sherrod ..."

Especially in light of other crap he posted, such as (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showthread.php?p=170860#post170860): "So you're not going to criticize Obama for sacking her for no good reason, ..." and (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showthread.php?p=170886#post170886) "You going to criticize Obama yet Twinswords?" and (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showthread.php?p=170889#post170889) "Fucking Obama is responsible for this and he needs to apologize to the woman for kicking her ass to the curb."

You really must learn how to read for context and spend some time contemplating the importance of the phrase Consider the source. Especially if your claim about long-time familiarity with this site is to be believed.

Well it's not an issue of not being able to read for context; I choose not to read most of this thread. I don't really know Lyle all that well either. Judging by the topic, and the post tree-branch-thing, I can probably guess how the convo went...but sure, there is a difference in exactly how you use the president's name in the sentence.

bjkeefe
07-22-2010, 12:21 AM
Well it's not an issue of not being able to read for context; I choose not to read most of this thread. I don't really know Lyle all that well either.

So, without reading what was right in front of you, that would have informed you about the matter at hand, you nonetheless jumped right in to contradict, to insist that I, who had read the thread and who does know the commenter who started it, didn't know what I was talking about?

Got it.

chiwhisoxx
07-22-2010, 12:30 AM
So, without reading what was right in front of you, that would have informed you about the matter at hand, you nonetheless jumped right in to contradict, to insist that I, who had read the thread and who does know the commenter who started it, didn't know what I was talking about?

Got it.

You're reading way too much hostility into what I said. I offered a potential explanation for the way Lyle phrased it the way he did. Nothing else. Nowhere did I say you didn't know what you were talking about.

bjkeefe
07-22-2010, 01:11 AM
You're reading way too much hostility into what I said. I offered a potential explanation for the way Lyle phrased it the way he did. Nothing else.

And I explained to you in my earlier (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showthread.php?p=171058#post171058) response, after acknowledging that there are some verbal shorthand conventions in general, that they do not apply in every last case, and that's why context matters, and that's why knowing who is saying what matters.

You don't what me to call what you did hostile? Fine. Then I'll say it was disingenuous, passive-aggressive, lazy, uninformed, a typical example of kneejerk tribalism, or some combination of all of the above, and in the end, worthy of nothing but scorn.

Happy?

Now stop trying to steer people away from the important post (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showthread.php?p=171042#post171042) in this thread, the one containing actual news.

Lyle
07-22-2010, 02:38 AM
Of course there won't be any correction. All White House and DOA officials work for Obama. He's ultimately responsible for it all, particularly the White House underlings involved in this, or who applauded Shirley Sherrod's firing.

Get real dude, the whole of the executive branch is Obama. He didn't have to know jack shit about anything to be responsible for this mess... I means there's thousands of officials underneath him who can do the bullying and whitewashing for him. The buck, however, stops with him.

TwinSwords
07-22-2010, 06:57 AM
Just for the record, there were those on the right who sniffed this out early. Beck wrote something that I'm not going to read, if he was right, then good for him I guess.
ROFL!

Beck wrote something, and you're not going to read it, but if he was right, good for him?!? You guess?

That's the funniest thing I've read in a week.

But Alllahpundit sniffed this out pretty early, pointing out that it seemed like the clip was cut in an odd way.
You must have missed this (http://tbogg.firedoglake.com/2010/07/19/paranoid-anger-bear-andrew-breitbarts-hatred-extends-to-more-than-just-negroes/). (h/t (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showthread.php?p=170662#post170662))

And one more for the record: Sherrod had been fired before Fox even ran the clip, so it's fine to discuss bad behavior by Fox, but they didn't get her fired.
Pathetic.

Lastly: Olbermann not exactly covering himself with glory in this performance. He's closer to being right than he usually is, which I suppose isn't saying a whole lot, but the entire performance is fairly painful, and sort of a caricature of what Olbermann has become. Skip the hypocrisy stuff at the top if you want, it probably doesn't hold a lot of currency for most of you, but the video is at the bottom.

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/07/21/video-arch-propagandist-troubled-by-medias-lack-of-ethics/
That Olbermann special comment was excellent. I didn't watch the one at your link -- it's probably doctored, coming as it does from a site you read -- but I did see it elsewhere and I'd highly recommend people watch it. Olby's theatrics in the first minute or two are a little trying, but he said exactly what needed to be said in response to this latest episode of conservative race baiting.

You must be proud to be associated with those people, Chi.

TwinSwords
07-22-2010, 07:03 AM

Is referring to the entire administration with the personal pronoun "he" also part of accepted vernacular?

Lyle: "You going to criticize Obama yet Twinswords? He fucked it up don't you think?"

Quit bullshitting, Chi. It's amazing you think anyone is going to fall for it.

bjkeefe
07-22-2010, 08:31 AM
The buck, however, stops with him.

There's a world of difference between waving around a Harry Truman bumper sticker you got handed in junior high school and making the specific -- and factually incorrect -- accusations (e.g. (http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showthread.php?p=171058#post171058)) that you did.

I know you're too immature to grasp this (or too dishonest to admit it, if by some miracle you do), but that's how it is. You jumped on this as an excuse to bash Obama in some sort of Althouse-"clever" fashion, you didn't bother to check your facts, and your refusal to apologize for your initial untrue statement and your current doubling down on your lie will only compound the hit to your reputation.

Granted: not so much of a worry there anymore.

Lyle
07-22-2010, 01:20 PM
It's not factually incorrect. President Obama is the President of the United States and at the head of the executive branch. And it was the executive branch who "harassed" Ms. Shirley Sherrod into resigning. What do you not understand about this?

Yes, it wasn't Obama on the phone "harassing" Ms. Shirley Sherrod, but it was his underlings who speak and act for him.

Lyle
07-22-2010, 08:55 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/07/21/AR2010072106708.html

Sherrod ripped Fox in an interview Wednesday with Media Matters, saying the network would "love to take us back to where we were many years ago. Back to where black people were looking down, not looking white folks in the face, not being able to compete for a job out there and not be a whole person."

Clemente, the Fox executive, said in an interview that Sherrod "certainly could be forgiven for being confused." As for other critics, he said that blaming Fox is "a comfortable reflex for some people."

Lyle
07-22-2010, 09:51 PM
... for bullying her out of her job in the Federal government.

Hat tip, Mr. President. Hat tip.