PDA

View Full Version : The "Rachel Corrie"

Wonderment
06-04-2010, 07:34 PM
It is thrilling to see the boat named after Rachel head toward Gaza on its humanitarian mission to end collective punishment.

I just thought I would start this thread in memory and honor of Rachel, an innocent victim of the Occupation whose death was never fairly investigated by the occupiers who despised her.

When I heard Avigdor Leiberman making idle threats about the "Rachel Corrie" today I realized how scared the Zionist right wing is and how powerful a symbol Rachel has become all over the globe.

I had the opportunity to meet Rachel's parents shortly after her death. Truly wonderful and courageous people.

Thank you, Rachel, for your service to your country and to humanity.

Lyle
06-04-2010, 07:55 PM
I think Rachel Corrie was a hateful, stupid little girl. I never met her, but I've seen photos of her while burning an Israel flag and she looked like a little girl who was filled with a lot of hate. And she was stupid to get herself run over by that tractor, and stupid to be a useful idiot for the Ku Klux Klan Palestinian groups.

You and Rachel side with one of the worst hate groups of our era, and the two of you are stupid human beings for it.

Shame on both of you.

Wonderment
06-04-2010, 07:57 PM
you are stupid human beings

Thank you for your contribution to the dialogue, Lyle.

Lyle
06-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Well, you did call JonIrenicus an idiot in the other thread... so you get to be called names too, friend.

opposable_crumbs
06-04-2010, 08:06 PM
I've haven't been lucky enough to have met the Corries, but I have been struck by the quiet dignity I've witnessed on the occasional video clips I have seen of them.

It's worth remembering that another 9 people died this past weekend, one an American citizen of about Rachel's age. Also another brave witness to events in Palestine, an American artist, was blinded by a tear gas cannister earlier in the week.

graz
06-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Well, you did call JonIrenicus an idiot in the other thread... so you get to be called names too, friend.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m47/ellroon/justwilliam_3.jpg

SO, there! Ha... Ha ha

grits-n-gravy
06-04-2010, 08:20 PM
I've haven't been lucky enough to have met the Corries, but I have been struck by the quiet dignity I've witnessed on the occasional video clips I have seen of them.

It's worth remembering that another 9 people died this past weekend, one an American citizen of about Rachel's age. Also another brave witness to events in Palestine, an American artist, was blinded by a tear gas cannister earlier in the week.

I guess Lyle's view of the American girl who lost her eye from a close (very close) range shot by an security goon is that she had it coming.

Lyle
06-04-2010, 08:21 PM
That's a really cute picture of me actually. Loves it. :)

Lyle
06-04-2010, 08:24 PM
I don't think Rachel Corrie had anything coming until she confronted the bulldozer on foot. That was pretty stupid of her and it cost her her life.

grits-n-gravy
06-04-2010, 08:29 PM
I don't think Rachel Corrie had anything coming until she confronted the bulldozer on foot. That was pretty stupid of her and it cost her her life.

Any thoughts on why the bulldozer was there in the first place?

Lyle
06-04-2010, 08:45 PM
Yeah, it was bulldozing the home of a KKK Palestinian, I believe. There was like a weapons tunnel or what not underneath the building. I forget though.

Wonderment
06-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Lyle,

Why exactly do you support collective punishment of civilian populations? You are aware that it's forbidden under international law, right?

I will keep it simple for you: Let's say your grandpa robs a bank. Do you think the government has the right to burn down your house as a punishment?

Or let's say the Germans want to have an all-Aryan neighborhood where the Jewish neighborhood is. Do they have the right to demolish all the Jewish homes?

Lyle
06-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Collective punishment is against international law? What? Non-Nazi Germans suffered alongside Nazi Germans you know? We didn't exactly pick out the Nazi houses when we bombed every German city to rubble you know? Of course the bombing of whole cities is unlawful today, and rightfully so, but "punishment" of all Germans had to happen to stop Nazi Germans.

Of course the government would have the right to burn down my house if I my house was used by my grandpa to further his terrorism. If he built a hole in my house to hide bombs and rockets, yep, my house would be in deep shit if the government found out.

Hell, the U.S. has done the same thing in the past... I mean what happen to the Branch Davidian complex... it burned (okay, okay... the Davidians self-emulated themselves and their complex... but the U.S. government was trying to bulldoze them out of there when they did it).

Whatfur
06-04-2010, 11:54 PM
It is thrilling to see the boat named after Rachel head toward Gaza on its humanitarian mission to end collective punishment.

I just thought I would start this thread in memory and honor of Rachel, an innocent victim of the Occupation whose death was never fairly investigated by the occupiers who despised her.

When I heard Avigdor Leiberman making idle threats about the "Rachel Corrie" today I realized how scared the Zionist right wing is and how powerful a symbol Rachel has become all over the globe.

I had the opportunity to meet Rachel's parents shortly after her death. Truly wonderful and courageous people.

Thank you, Rachel, for your service to your country and to humanity.

She has been defused. (http://www.jpost.com/Home/Article.aspx?id=177525)

Wonderment
06-05-2010, 12:19 AM
She has been defused.

Thank God the IDF didn't murder anyone this time. Win-win.

Whatfur
06-05-2010, 12:40 AM

Yeah! Thank God this boat was not loaded with thugs with clubs.

grits-n-gravy
06-05-2010, 12:51 AM

Doesn't Israel have a Coast Guard? Navy Warships following a civilian boat?

opposable_crumbs
06-05-2010, 01:32 AM
I know both the IDF and the Jerusalem Post are equally unreliable, but according to the IDF twitter feed, the Rachel Corrie has not been borded.

It even mentions the false reports which were circulated earlier.

http://twitter.com/IDFSpokesperson

Whatfur
06-05-2010, 08:49 PM
I know both the IDF and the Jerusalem Post are equally unreliable, but according to the IDF twitter feed, the Rachel Corrie has not been borded.

It even mentions the false reports which were circulated earlier.

http://twitter.com/IDFSpokesperson

...and so it goes. (http://hotair.com/archives/2010/06/05/video-rachel-corrie-ship-seized/)