PDA

View Full Version : Understanding Progressive "Liberal" utilitarian concept(s) of "happiness" and "well-being"?

wreaver
05-14-2010, 07:20 PM
Could someone be so kind as to explain the Progressive "Liberal" concept(s) of "happiness" and "well-being"?

Are they references to the same thing? How are they defined?

popcorn_karate
05-14-2010, 07:51 PM
Could someone be so kind as to explain the Progressive "Liberal" concept(s) of "happiness" and "well-being"?

Are they references to the same thing? How are they defined?

Do you actually think "happiness" is a "liberal" concept? how about "well-being"?

if you do, please explain why conservatives find these to be alien concepts. if not, what the hell is the point of asking such a moronic question?

wreaver
05-14-2010, 11:38 PM
Do you actually think "happiness" is a "liberal" concept? how about "well-being"?

if you do, please explain why conservatives find these to be alien concepts. if not, what the hell is the point of asking such a moronic question?

I've been spending some time trying to understand Progressive "Liberalism". (I've posted in a couple other thread in here with questions somewhat like this already.)

A couple terms I have come across are "happiness" and "well-being". From reading various things, I now suspect many Progressive "Liberals" mean something specific when they say "happiness" and "well-being". (And I'm trying to see if what I suspect it true.)

I really don't want to lead people's answers... but I suspect some Progressive "Liberals" say "happiness" or "well-being" they mean "eudaimonia". I wanted to see people's answers to see if this is correct.

P.S. I'm not a conservative.