PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Bloggingheads Schedule

Ydiot
04-30-2010, 03:14 PM
Greetings, all.

I was wondering if anyone here knew if a schedule of upcoming diavlogs was available. I run a blog dedicated to hostile criticism of Matthew Yglesias (www.ydiot.net, please feel free to drop by) and I am considering posting video responses to his diavlog appearances, in which I will say "right" seven trillion times and drink from enormous glasses.

But this will take a bit of preparation. Thus the original question. I hope you can help.

The Ydiot

nikkibong
04-30-2010, 03:19 PM
Greetings, all.

I was wondering if anyone here knew if a schedule of upcoming diavlogs was available. I run a blog dedicated to hostile criticism of Matthew Yglesias (www.ydiot.net, please feel free to drop by) and I am considering posting video responses to his diavlog appearances, in which I will say "right" seven trillion times and drink from enormous glasses.

But this will take a bit of preparation. Thus the original question. I hope you can help.

The Ydiot

Hi- I'm a big fan, and can't wait for this project. (I actually just posted a link to your site here on bhtv: http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showpost.php?p=160401&postcount=39)

Unfortunately, bhtv does not provide a schedule of upcoming diavlogs. However, you can be rest assured that in the next, oh, three days or so, Matt Yglesias will be back yet again.

In the meantime, keep the Search For Matt Yglesias' manhood going. I'm a faithful reader.

claymisher
04-30-2010, 03:28 PM
Hi- I'm a big fan, and can't wait for this project. (I actually just posted a link to your site here on bhtv: http://bloggingheads.tv/forum/showpost.php?p=160401&postcount=39)

Unfortunately, bhtv does not provide a schedule of upcoming diavlogs. However, you can be rest assured that in the next, oh, three days or so, Matt Yglesias will be back yet again.

In the meantime, keep the Search For Matt Yglesias' manhood going. I'm a faithful reader.

NB, do you decide what you like and don't like completely randomly, or are you trying to maximize your contrarianism rating?

uncle ebeneezer
04-30-2010, 03:29 PM
Sorry, he is one of my favorite bloggers and b-heads so I can't help you. But this:

I am considering posting video responses to his diavlog appearances, in which I will say "right" seven trillion times and drink from enormous glasses.

was pretty funny. Good luck.

nikkibong
04-30-2010, 03:37 PM
NB, do you decide what you like and don't like completely randomly, or are you trying to maximize your contrarianism rating?

No, no, there's consistency.

Yglesias has always struck me as the type who "knows everything and nothing." Case in point: he visits Scandanvia once for a week or so, and now he's suddenly the world's foremost expert on Norwegian energy policies.

claymisher
04-30-2010, 03:39 PM
Sorry, he is one of my favorite bloggers and b-heads so I can't help you. But this:

was pretty funny. Good luck.

Yglesias is no Mark Schmitt. Nobody says "right" more than he does. Schmitt'll say it five times in a row.

uncle ebeneezer
04-30-2010, 05:25 PM
According to whom? I've never read MY proclaim himself to be the world's foremost expert on anything. And I've never seen anyone grant him such titles either. And he frequently begins posts with phrases like "I'm no expert" or "I would defer to ___ on this topic but my question for him would be..."

MY does what a good blogger should. He points the reader to interesting stories and gives his own opinion or asks questions about the subjects from the outside. He uses his critical thinking skills to ask questions about most any topic, regardless of his level of expertise. I think he's pretty knowledgable on public-transit and devlopment issues, as he seems to really have a passion for them. And I think his grasp of American politics is up there with the best of them (Mark Shmitt for example) but I don't think he pretends to be the specialized style of blogger (like Jack Balkin or Matthew Lee.) I love reading the wonkier, "experts" at times, but I also appreciate the MY's and Ezra Klein's (or BJKeefe for that matter) who serve more as an intelligent 1-stop shopping portal to all that's happening in politics.

AemJeff
04-30-2010, 05:31 PM
According to whom? I've never read MY proclaim himself to be the world's foremost expert on anything. And I've never seen anyone grant him such titles either. And he frequently begins posts with phrases like "I'm no expert" or "I would defer to ___ on this topic but my question for him would be..."

MY does what a good blogger should. He points the reader to interesting stories and gives his own opinion or asks questions about the subjects from the outside. He uses his critical thinking skills to ask questions about most any topic, regardless of his level of expertise. I think he's pretty knowledgable on public-transit and devlopment issues, as he seems to really have a passion for them. And I think his grasp of American politics is up there with the best of them (Mark Shmitt for example) but I don't think he pretends to be the specialized style of blogger (like Jack Balkin or Matthew Lee.) I love reading the wonkier, "experts" at times, but I also appreciate the MY's and Ezra Klein's (or BJKeefe for that matter) who serve more as an intelligent 1-stop shopping portal to all that's happening in politics.

Meh. This looks like a grudge thing, rather than the expression of any sort of principled disagreement. Ydiot's just attacking up, trying to leech on Yglesias' better reknown. <yawn>

Whatfur
04-30-2010, 05:48 PM
Meh. This looks like a grudge thing, rather than the expression of any sort of principled disagreement. Ydiot's just attacking up, trying to leech on Yglesias' better reknown. <yawn>

Or maybe the "expression" is due to recognizing an empty suit, a windbag...if you will... and then attempting to point out things that reflect this notion because his "reknown" has obviously clouded the perceptions of those whose agreement with him isn't based on anything more than the fact that they see him as being on their side. <yawns are contagious>

popcorn_karate
05-04-2010, 08:05 PM

I actually assumed you were the ydiot...

any admissions you'd like to air?

nikkibong
05-04-2010, 09:04 PM
I actually assumed you were the ydiot...

nope; just the idiot.

Ocean
05-04-2010, 09:06 PM
nope; just the idiot.

:(